U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:08 PM

3,241 posts, read 3,147,354 times

Advertisements

Ugly girls can still get guys, remember there are lots of ugly loser guys out there too. Most of them try to marry up but if they fail, they'll eventually get with an equally busted girl. I get a weird happy feeling when I see 2 really ugly people together.

I remember my old supervisor was morbidly obese, had a weird face with tons of acne, messed up teeth, smelled like cheese and a grumpy personality. She nonetheless had a husband, I was stunned with that news, unfortunetely I never saw him. I also remember this incredibly fat ginger girl in my high school who got pregnant at 16. Narsty stuff. Guys really are pervs who will bang anything if they go long enough without sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 02:14 AM

29 posts, read 31,082 times
When I was in my teens I fell in love with a fat homely chick, I thought I was crazy! How is that possible I thought, I am attracted to pretty girls... Heck, I constantly looked into my dads collection of magazines... and She was FAT and then I fell in love with her??? and it didn't even occur to me how fat she was after that... I was attracted to HER and at that point I really didn't care how ugly she could have been... she became beautiful. it was a pleasurable cognitive dissonance. We went to different schools after that year and nothing ever really happened, we were very young. I wish there was a happy ending to that, 15+ years later I found out she grew into herself and became VERY popular and then was summarily toured around the block. I met her and now she is rather hard and unappealing inside imo, despite her later, outer beauty. So physical beauty to me isn't much of a thing... don't get me wrong I like the idea of a pretty woman, but in practice they aren't very attractive inside. I do hope to find a homely "real-life normal weight" woman with agreeable traits but will still give you "play trouble"... I have yet to find one that can't split the two.

I met an old bat once at work and we would feed off each others personalities... we got in trouble alot for being too loud and fighting, Ha! we were having a ball... aggressively though... really you would swear we were married for a 100 years. too bad she didn't have any daughters and was happily married. Most enjoyable experience I've ever had with a woman :/ even better than sex. Character can outplay physical attractiveness, imho.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:43 PM

3,687 posts, read 3,922,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Participant99 View Post
When I was in my teens I fell in love with a fat homely chick, I thought I was crazy! How is that possible I thought, I am attracted to pretty girls... Heck, I constantly looked into my dads collection of magazines... and She was FAT and then I fell in love with her??? and it didn't even occur to me how fat she was after that... I was attracted to HER and at that point I really didn't care how ugly she could have been... she became beautiful. it was a pleasurable cognitive dissonance. We went to different schools after that year and nothing ever really happened, we were very young. I wish there was a happy ending to that, 15+ years later I found out she grew into herself and became VERY popular and then was summarily toured around the block. I met her and now she is rather hard and unappealing inside imo, despite her later, outer beauty. So physical beauty to me isn't much of a thing... don't get me wrong I like the idea of a pretty woman, but in practice they aren't very attractive inside. I do hope to find a homely "real-life normal weight" woman with agreeable traits but will still give you "play trouble"... I have yet to find one that can't split the two.

I met an old bat once at work and we would feed off each others personalities... we got in trouble alot for being too loud and fighting, Ha! we were having a ball... aggressively though... really you would swear we were married for a 100 years. too bad she didn't have any daughters and was happily married. Most enjoyable experience I've ever had with a woman :/ even better than sex. Character can outplay physical attractiveness, imho.
I love what you're saying here - I was thinking along the same lines. It's funny to me how many people have weighed in with the fact they think they're ugly. But when I read what they have to say (some, maybe not all), I think they must be good looking. Words and humor and compassion really go a long way with me! Sometimes I'm lucky and someone will post a pic and I wonder wth were they thinking to think they are ugly? There are many attractive people here...

And I also agree about the banter you had with that old bat - love it! Isn't it funny how getting your brain going gets the rest of you going?

I have no idea what people think of me but I know my brother and sisters are way better looking than I am because my whole life, I've been told how beautiful they are. I honestly have never heard that said about me - I just don't have any feedback. And I live in my head, so my perceived image probably doesn't match my actual image. I can still read people though and I know the truth - and it's ok. I don't have to worry that my genes/molecules didn't form as nicely as the rest of the family.

Please explain what "play trouble" means...need to clarification please.

Anyway, it's nice to know that there are still folks out there who really look at the whole picture - and I realize you can't get past that initial physical attraction with someone but I find it amazing that attraction can really grow if you connect mentally. You just have to be open to it!

Old 07-27-2012, 10:48 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Ugly girls can still get guys, remember there are lots of ugly loser guys out there too. Most of them try to marry up but if they fail, they'll eventually get with an equally busted girl. I get a weird happy feeling when I see 2 really ugly people together.

I remember my old supervisor was morbidly obese, had a weird face with tons of acne, messed up teeth, smelled like cheese and a grumpy personality. She nonetheless had a husband, I was stunned with that news, unfortunetely I never saw him. I also remember this incredibly fat ginger girl in my high school who got pregnant at 16. Narsty stuff. Guys really are pervs who will bang anything if they go long enough without sex.
Your first sentence needs a correction:

Ugly girls can still get guys to have sex with them.
Even gorgeous,buff,sexy men have sex with ugly girls.
But marrying them? No

Old 07-27-2012, 05:27 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Your first sentence needs a correction:

Ugly girls can still get guys to have sex with them.
Even gorgeous,buff,sexy men have sex with ugly girls.
But marrying them? No
What I've found is that men will marry ugly women, but it's just because they're guaranteed a housekeeper and someone who will never leave them. It's security.

Then, they have sex with other women on the side. That's happened to a few people I know, including my aunt. It's sad that they don't have the self confidence to leave, but if they think that's their only chance to marry and have kids many women will take it.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:33 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,365,925 times
I bet you're not even remotely ugly JerseyGal.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:43 PM

3,856 posts, read 4,277,751 times
A lot of men will have sex with anything that moves. I really wish it wasn't this way. If men were more selective I believe there would be a lot more women who put more effort into their appearance, pay attention to fashion, etc.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
A lot of men will have sex with anything that moves. I really wish it wasn't this way. If men were more selective I believe there would be a lot more women who put more effort into their appearance, pay attention to fashion, etc.
Are you serious?
Women already put lots of effort into appearance,otherwise plastic surgery wouldn't be a billion dollar industry.
Maybe you meant to put: If men were more selective,there would be a lot more women who put more effort into their personality,pay attention to how they treat others,etc.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:27 PM

3,856 posts, read 4,277,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Are you serious?
Women already put lots of effort into appearance,otherwise plastic surgery wouldn't be a billion dollar industry.
Maybe you meant to put: If men were more selective,there would be a lot more women who put more effort into their personality,pay attention to how they treat others,etc.
That would be an added bonus if those personality traits were improved. But despite the billions spent on plastic surgery etc there are still plenty of women who pay no attention to apperance. It's polarized, many women care very much while others totally opt out.

My guess is the obesity epidemic would not exist )or would be at a much lower level) if men were more selective. Everything would be different. Men having no standards (for sex) has a huge impact on men (it cheapens their value), women (less motivation to look good) and the culture as a whole.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
That would be an added bonus if those personality traits were improved. But despite the billions spent on plastic surgery etc there are still plenty of women who pay no attention to apperance. It's polarized, many women care very much while others totally opt out.

My guess is the obesity epidemic would not exist )or would be at a much lower level) if men were more selective. Everything would be different. Men having no standards (for sex) has a huge impact on men (it cheapens their value), women (less motivation to look good) and the culture as a whole.
How many men are obese? How many men don't take care of themselves?

Maybe so many women wouldn't opt out if the standards weren't too high,or unattainable.

So,what exactly should women look like?
What do you mean by "take care of themselves?"
Many already go to the salon to get their hair done,buy nice clothes,etc. When I'm walking outside,I see women with their hair done and nice clothes on.
Then I look at their fat,sloppy,big bellied husbands walking right beside them. I see that combo 90% of the time when I'm out.

I personally think the standards are too high for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or