U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,252,467 times

Advertisements

In terms of overweight people...men are slacking!!

I have been living in the US all of my life and I would say overweight people are about half men and half women. Maybe even 60% of overweight people are men, and 40% women. Women are popping out babies! Of course some of us get some extra padding...what I wanna know fat men is whats your excuse? I see so many YOUNG guys with what looks like baby fat from a pregnancy around their waist. Man boobs are not acceptable especially once they start to slope and turn into B cups+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 12:17 PM

239 posts, read 439,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
You should be flattered that you are still getting male attention at 60 years old.
Although, I understand your point it's not the kind of attention I want, or invite. My husband is a wonderful man who tells me I'm beautiful all of the time. I love that. But, that's coming from a man who would love me no matter what I looked like. I know he puts more value on what is on the inside than my physical appearance.

Men who talk about women's pieces and parts (boobs, butts, etc.) are degrading women. I don't appreciate that and don't want attention from men like that.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:55 PM

29 posts, read 31,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Please explain what "play trouble" means...need to clarification please.
I give alot of trouble to somebody while still complying, the spirits IS there but that doesn't mean I can not have fun with it... and every now and then, somebody else will pick up on a very subtle playful aspect of my response and match it, then its gets exciting. From that point on we become a team or an act. trying to out-act each other. the KEY ingedient here is Love/Spirit of intent, careful like a doctor to "Do no harm" I have seen a few friends try this... and go too far or get confused, ending their relationships because their motives are not pure and responsive, they get caught up in the acting or lost in the character. their flames will burn brightly but are cut short, for lack of temperance. It can be a double edged blade, a dance that can be an amazing show to experience, but it is not a trivial thing, a toy... I'ts a dance with very real danger present and you can cut your partner or yourself very easily. But with practise it can be an exquisite show/joy, It brings back alot of good feelings to even talk about it.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:51 PM

8,738 posts, read 9,581,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Your first sentence needs a correction:

Ugly girls can still get guys to have sex with them.
Even gorgeous,buff,sexy men have sex with ugly girls.
But marrying them? No

So true. IF they do marry them it's b/c they're using them for something or couldn't get anything better themselves.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 PM

2,208 posts, read 3,501,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Men are more visual, it's how our brains are wired. If women select for criteria other than (or in addition to) looks it's probably a survival mechanism passed on through genetics.
I'm sure there would be less bald men around -- women really need to start being picky.

Quote:
In particular for raising children, if women only selected a man based on looks there would be virtually no two parent families raising children.
That is a claim that needs substantial evidence to back it.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 AM

3,687 posts, read 3,922,877 times
It's funny, but I keep hearing (from one particular poster): If women would just look better, you know, try to please men more, they'd be better off. While men, regardless of how THEY look, would be better off if they'd be more selective. You know, stop trying to throw fattie a bone.

It's not far fetched to say that each gender will enjoy occasional flattery from the opposite sex, but to say that women are genetically encoded to preen for the boys, well, THAT is what's far fetched. We are quiet beyond needing to do any of that even if sometimes it's true for some.

I don't agree that women SHOULD be flattered if they receive compliments (loose term, btw) from men. How ridiculous. That's not to say if someone told you that you looked nice that it wasn't meant genuinely. I think the one poster was saying it WASN'T in fact, a compliment because they were completely tactless and dirty about it.

It's been said that there are pros and cons to being ugly and beautiful...but WHO CARES? I'm more interested in if you're as shallow as a puddle. I'm more interested in character. It makes me sad that we still have guys out there who think women were put on earth to cater to them. It's interesting... and laughable, really.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:26 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
So,someone please tell me the pros of being ugly?
So far I haven't experienced only negatives.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:00 PM

58 posts, read 104,761 times
im ugly too an im a guy i'LL SAY I HAVE nice eyes but thats about it

Old 07-31-2012, 04:46 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,151,159 times
Quote:

I don't think there are any.

There was research released last year which showed that ugly people were less intelligent (correlation).

Are smart people ugly? The Explainer's 2011 Question of the Year. - Slate Magazine

Then there's research also showing that overweight and obese people have lower rates of academic achievement and tend to be less intelligent.

Seoul - Study: Older Fat People Less Intelligent Than Thin People -- VosIzNeias.com

Old 07-31-2012, 08:07 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Quote:
You get ignored more, which is actually kind of nice. You can slip in and out of parties (weddings, especially) without anyone noticing

You don't have to worry as much about what you look like because no matter what you do, nobody will notice. It saves a lot of money and time on makeup, hair and clothes.

You can focus on work/school without being bothered or 'hit on'

Actually, being ugly isn't all that bad, except for the whole relationship stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or