Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:55 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,153,802 times

Advertisements

As one of these ugly women, life is VERY difficult.

Not only do men pass me over, but I get treated VERY differently at work. And not for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 07:56 AM

1,707 posts, read 2,984,180 times
Nature and sexual attraction are superficial.

I don't get jealous or take offense when attractive people get more attention than I do. People are animals of nature at the end of the day.

It sucks but that's just the way it is. If you are physically ugly (like myself), do everything you can to get into shape. Work on your body and develop a positive, friendly aura to yourself.

Maybe someday in the near future genetic alteration or cheap, efficient plastic surgery will be widespread and ugliness will start to disappear.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I have found that money really makes a difference in physical beauty. Money for braces to have straight teeth, bleaching for discolored teeth, skin treatments for acne, hair cuts, colors, extentions...make up, clothes, gym membership for a fit body, time to work out...and let's not forget plastic surgery...

Couldn't agree more............

However, I'll argue the acne thing. While I am by no means rich, I would save for acne treatments. It did nothing for me. Sadly, it is in my genes. And genes are not something I can change.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:02 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,398,845 times
People judge identifying themselves in what they see, which explains why the commercials use female models who are beautiful according to the standardized and trendy forms .
I want to say it is great because I identify myself with it, obviously a prepared mind is able to project the desired image and this hit the common ppl, the shaman makes the difference

Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Charles...you are a person who sees people for who they are; not not based on how they look; and that is the attitude everyone should have.

Ugliness to me is a person who is evil.
It's because I'm ugly too.

I'm so ugly, when I walk by the mens room, all the toilets flush.
I'm so ugly, when I went for my digit exam at the proctologist's office, he stuck his finger in my mouth.
I'm so ugly, when I was a kid playing in the cat box, the cat buried ME.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:36 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,278 times
If your an ugly woman hang around ugly men, they need you.

If your an ugly man hang around ugly women, they need you.

If it was not for ugly people the rest of the people in the world
would not feel so struck on themselves. ...

Get rid of all of the so-called ugly people in the world
and the next person in line would be considered the ugliest,
compared to the others, and so on.

If it was not for ugly people you would not be all that,
because you really aren't ! ! ! ... ...

Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
If your an ugly woman hang around ugly men, they need you.
Not necessarily. I've met men who may not have been the best looking, but I liked them for their personality, things in common, etc. They ended up dumping me because I was "too ugly".

Old 07-24-2012, 09:53 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Not necessarily. I've met men who may not have been the best looking, but I liked them for their personality, things in common, etc. They ended up dumping me because I was "too ugly".
I said find a ugly man ... he was not ugly enough ... thats all. ...

Old 07-24-2012, 11:27 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Yep, sucks being ugly!

Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Being physically ugly is something that you can change. It's much better to be physically ugly. Having an ugly personality is another thing entirely. I've seen many physically attractive females with personalities that made them comparable to The Wicked Witch in Wizard of Oz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty