U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:14 PM

10,346 posts, read 7,638,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Maybe A&E or TLC should do a show about Makeup Hoarders
lol, I have a PhD, but I have honestly thought of going to school to become a makeup artist as a second career now that I'm 50 --- I just love it that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 04:19 PM

748 posts, read 1,362,080 times
I would hate to know how must I've invested in makeup and beauty products. I've got tons of makeup, body spray, lotions, perfumes and so on. All of my my makeup is brands from Sephora or MAC, with a few Chanel pieces thrown in, I haven't a clue of how much I've spent I'm going to take a guess and say 8,000 on makeup alone, but it's probably way more then that. I am a collector so as you can imagine I've got a huge stash. At one time I had a bookcase full, a makeup table full, and another 5 shelf case full of it all, and at one time I had over 100 bottles of body splash from Bath & body Works and Victorias Secret.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:22 PM

10,346 posts, read 7,638,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
I would hate to know how must I've invested in makeup and beauty products. I've got tons of makeup, body spray, lotions, perfumes and so on. All of my my makeup is brands from Sephora or MAC, with a few Chanel pieces thrown in, I haven't a clue of how much I've spent I'm going to take a guess and say 8,000 on makeup alone, but it's probably way more then that. I am a collector so as you can imagine I've got a huge stash. At one time I had a bookcase full, a makeup table full, and another 5 shelf case full of it all.

Actually, now that I do the math, I probably have a few thousand also. Just think when you buy an expensive lip gloss and eye shadow set at Sephora, it might run you $100. And do that several times, and it's a thousand. I have done that several times.....

Old 10-28-2012, 04:47 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,559,240 times
I have probably $300-400 worth of makeup including my lotions. I waste money on lipsticks and eye shadows, then never wear them. I usually wear foundation, blush, eye liner and eye brow stuff...

Old 10-31-2012, 08:26 AM

846 posts, read 913,053 times
Not a whole lot. Probably $400-600 not including skincare items. I don't do eye makeup on the daily basis as I have uneven and super oily lids. Everything just slide off my eyes within two hours even if I were to use things like waterproof makeup or urban decay shadow primer. But I still have more eyeliners than I'll ever need though. I have both high end and low end stuff. Lip colors are usually low ends. YSL highlighter and Benefit concealers are must for me though.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:31 AM

2,601 posts, read 2,995,137 times
I have several lipsticks/glosses (Buxom). I also have mineral powder, one blush, several eyeshadows and liners, one mascara that I actually use (a few I don't), an eye brightener, and something for dark circles. It's all stuffed into a relatively small makeup bag. Many of the shadows I don't use. I bought them to try out and ended up not liking them.

As far as brands, I'm only picky when it comes to the mineral makeup (Bare Minerals/Essentials, whatever it is); lipstick; and mascara. Everything else is stuff you can buy at Walmart.

I also own about 25 different nail polishes.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:32 AM

14,072 posts, read 20,213,796 times
I have the 6 pieces to go back to Mac for recycling..They are going to love meeeeeeee

However, I think my new thing is nail polishes. I've collected 8 in like 3 months..

(I really must get a life, lol)

Old 10-31-2012, 02:28 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,174,001 times
Years ago I would buy way too many cosmetics and keep them too long. I have sensitive, easily irritated skin. One day I got very bad eye infection. I had been using Chanel products exclusively, and I had kept them way too long. -(probably because they are so pricey $$$$).

I now use Aveno tinted moisturizer instead of base. I use Cetaphil, and Almond oil as cleansers. Everything else is MAC. I put dates on product containers and keep track. I probably have $500.00 worth, but I will be able to use up most of what I have without too much waste.

There is a discount store called "The Cosmetics Company Store", that carries MAC.

Cosmetics Company Store at Shopping Malls Store Locations

It is fun to see what fun deals you can get.

This is a good article about the shelf life of cosmetics:

Makeup Shelf Life | Sound Money Matters

Be careful about buying and keeping to many, and having them become a health hazard.

Last edited by funisart; 10-31-2012 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: spell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty