U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2012, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Globe Trotter
484 posts, read 692,090 times
Reputation: 497

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
A lot. Keep in mind I'm in the Northeast US and my doctor's office was on Fifth Avenue right across from Central Park South.

was it over 10K ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2012, 06:28 AM
 
Location: Astoria, NY
3,053 posts, read 3,428,459 times
Reputation: 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
was it over 10K ?
No. You shouldn't pay more than 10K in the states unless a) you're getting a breast lift PLUS and augmentation, which is expensive b) you're getting your surgery done in a hospital (which normal, healthy people shouldn't have to do).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Globe Trotter
484 posts, read 692,090 times
Reputation: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
No. You shouldn't pay more than 10K in the states unless a) you're getting a breast lift PLUS and augmentation, which is expensive b) you're getting your surgery done in a hospital (which normal, healthy people shouldn't have to do).

Thank you, I hope you feel better today. Just my two cents, please rest and don't over do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 AM
 
Location: US
5,145 posts, read 10,426,168 times
Reputation: 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Ok so I totally over did it today. Felt fine, so went to an open call 5 minutes away from me...what a bad idea...

I had to wear a really high shirt as there is bandaging up to my cleavage, yet it kept riding down. Additionally, walking on heels was jarring them with every step. Thirdly, I could feel blood and fluid squirting underneath the tissue. Sorry if that's gross.

Guess I should stick to my recliner for while. I cannot sleep completely horizontally, need to be propped up. Kinda sad cause I'm usually a tummy sleeper, and I can tell you with certainty I won't be sleeping on my tummy for a while.
You probably won't be sleeping on your stomach probably ever again. Get a body pillow.
Sleeping on your stomach with boobs is like sleeping in back bend position. Not comfortable to wake up to in the morning.

Take it easy. For clothing that rides like that you can use double stick tape or "dress tape" to keep the fabric in place. Or maybe some of those fake cami dickies that you tuck in from the top. They don't pull down as much.

Like:
http://www.amazon.com/Chemisettes-An...822026-0232625
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,658 posts, read 7,461,082 times
Reputation: 3244
[orphaned quote.[/quote]





Speedy recovery, xxbabee!

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-19-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Astoria, NY
3,053 posts, read 3,428,459 times
Reputation: 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
You probably won't be sleeping on your stomach probably ever again. Get a body pillow.
Sleeping on your stomach with boobs is like sleeping in back bend position. Not comfortable to wake up to in the morning.

Take it easy. For clothing that rides like that you can use double stick tape or "dress tape" to keep the fabric in place. Or maybe some of those fake cami dickies that you tuck in from the top. They don't pull down as much.

Like:
http://www.amazon.com/Chemisettes-An...822026-0232625
Thanks for the very helpful post, since I couldn't rep you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Astoria, NY
3,053 posts, read 3,428,459 times
Reputation: 2475
I hope I'll sleep on my tummy again sometime in the future. I have crappy sleep on my back, even though I've been floating in and out of sleep since the surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 10:59 PM
 
15,732 posts, read 17,291,131 times
Reputation: 12728
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I hope I'll sleep on my tummy again sometime in the future. I have crappy sleep on my back, even though I've been floating in and out of sleep since the surgery.
I sleep on my stomach and I have no issue at all (34/36DD). I don't have implants though...not sure if that would make a difference but I can't see why it would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Reputation: 25988
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I sleep on my stomach and I have no issue at all (34/36DD). I don't have implants though...not sure if that would make a difference but I can't see why it would.
I do as well, I am a 34H/HH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 05:38 AM
 
Location: Astoria, NY
3,053 posts, read 3,428,459 times
Reputation: 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I sleep on my stomach and I have no issue at all (34/36DD). I don't have implants though...not sure if that would make a difference but I can't see why it would.
Well, several things...

a. I know you're not supposed to sleep on them during recovery (even if this possible without severe pain ), you could ruin their shape.

b. Implants have a lot more projection than natural breasts, which means they tend to stick out far in relation to their comparative size. This should make sleeping on your tummy theoretically more difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top