Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:44 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I would post pics but I'm very private.

I'm fair skinned with green eyes and dark hair. I have very fair eyelashes and eyebrows.

If I have a full face of makeup my eyes are completely different, so is my colouring.

If I don't have eye makeup on my eyes look like two p iss holes in the snow. If I DO have makeup on, they look amazing...even if I do say so myself.

I hear you - I have very pale grey-green eyes and extremely fair skin tone (although my hair isn't dark, it's as blonde as my brows and lashes. Eye makeup definitely makes a huge difference in accentuating my rather delicately colored eyes, and because I have blonde lashes, mascara makes a dramatic difference. And because I wear glasses about 99% of the time with a very high prescription for myopia, my eyes can be further minimized due to the power of my lenses.

That said, I still look like the same person, with our without makeup. My eyes are just more accentuated with. Like, people definitely recognize me regardless of whether I'm made up or not.

I don't post pics, either. I post too much about my job to breach confidentiality by divulging my identity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 05:26 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,272 times
Some people can contour really well. However some women have the bone structure and eye shape to complement makeup. These are the cover girls you see. Ever watch Americas Next Top model and see the gorgeous girl not show up so gorgeous in photos with professional makeup? It's because maybe a girl who is not as gorgeous but has a fabulous pallet for makeup can be transformed after applying makeup.

I have a face with this type of bone structure. I can apply makeup in 5 minutes and wear only bronzer but because of my facial structure people will swear I muuuust have on foundation and I just had to spend 30 minutes applying it. It is simply not true. However, it certainly doesn't make me the prettiest girl in the room.

I've seen some girls way more naturally gorgeous than me not look as hot as me when we both wear makeup.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:29 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Some people can contour really well. However some women have the bone structure and eye shape to complement makeup. These are the cover girls you see. Ever watch Americas Next Top model and see the gorgeous girl not show up so gorgeous in photos with professional makeup? It's because maybe a girl who is not as gorgeous but has a fabulous pallet for makeup can be transformed after applying makeup.

I have a face with this type of bone structure. I can apply makeup in 5 minutes and wear only bronzer but because of my facial structure people will swear I muuuust have on foundation and I just had to spend 30 minutes applying it. It is simply not true. However, it certainly doesn't make me the prettiest girl in the room.

I've seen some girls way more naturally gorgeous than me not look as hot as me when we both wear makeup.
The last time I wore make-up was in 1991. I would have no idea what to do with it or where to even begin! I suppose I will just keep on keepin on with no make-up. At almost 40, I think I am doing pretty good.

I do have dark under-eyes at time and sport some freckles on my upper cheeks and across my nose. I never had these growing up and I hardly go in the sun!

I am not sure that I would look better if I had make-up on. I actually put on just mascara a few months ago and looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't get it off fast enough!

Old 08-09-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
The last time I wore make-up was in 1991. I would have no idea what to do with it or where to even begin! I suppose I will just keep on keepin on with no make-up. At almost 40, I think I am doing pretty good.

I do have dark under-eyes at time and sport some freckles on my upper cheeks and across my nose. I never had these growing up and I hardly go in the sun!

I am not sure that I would look better if I had make-up on. I actually put on just mascara a few months ago and looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't get it off fast enough!
Hahaha! Perfect example. You are that natural beauty I speak of! Pikantari you are beautiful lady, you don't need to change a thing! I could see you looking really hot with makeup but more "beautiful" without it. You just have that look. Lol. At near forty you are doing damn good. Very pretty

Old 08-10-2012, 04:54 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Hahaha! Perfect example. You are that natural beauty I speak of! Pikantari you are beautiful lady, you don't need to change a thing! I could see you looking really hot with makeup but more "beautiful" without it. You just have that look. Lol. At near forty you are doing damn good. Very pretty
Well thank you TN2! Maybe one day you'll have to come do my make-up today and we'll see what happens!!!! =)))

Old 08-10-2012, 09:26 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
I had an interesting experience with my sister at the makeup counter over the weekend. I went to find some concealer. I have dark circles, and sometimes they bother me. On the flip side, I have never actually finished a bottle of foundation. I use foundation for special occasions or when I am having a crappy skin week. So usually the bottle lasts 2 years and I have finished 33% of it.

Anyway, the makeup artist was playing around to find a shade, and she did some highlighting for me. My sister was shocked and amazed. She was said "wow I had no idea makeup could do that. I should try some!" Keep in mind my sister is afraid of using eye liner and mascara. Her makeup is lip gloss.

Anyway she ended up testing some foundation, and some highlighting techniques. And then posted up her picture on facebook. With in seconds there were a zillion comments complimenting her on her polished look. She was sold and bought foundation and blush.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:47 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,494,972 times
Some women look good with no make-up. ...

Some look better with just the right amount
in the right places, and they do not over do it. ...

Then there are those women you just don"t have any hope for ! ! ! ...

They pile it on like walpaper and plaster, and the
perfume the drink and bsoake in ...
get down wind of me ... and go take a bath ! ! ! ...

I think I'm going to through up ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ...

My wife wears no make-up and ... oooooooooooo la la la ... ...

Old 08-10-2012, 09:49 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
The celebs have professional make-up people doing them all the time, even just for dinner parties. Not just for big events like the Oscars, etc.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:51 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,494,972 times
Some pictures of people with to much make-up

Warning some may be to graffic, so enter at your own risk ...

Image Search Results for people with to much makeup

Old 08-10-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well thank you TN2! Maybe one day you'll have to come do my make-up today and we'll see what happens!!!! =)))
Haha! I know! That would be soooo much fun! Then we could go out and have girls night! Yay! Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty