U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-28-2012, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,260,273 times
Reputation: 3037

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Brow bone surgery,mine is too heavy(frontal bossing) for a woman. Makes my look mad or something when I'm really not. Bone reshaping costs around 40,000. Its the most expensive plastic surgery out there.
That's about the only thing wrong with my face. I am going to try Juvederm for the dark eye hollows.
To even look average or slightly above would be a blessing for me. My body is fine,I'm ok with it.


Have you ever been ugly?
Its probably easy for you to say your looks haven't gotten you anywhere,but how would you know?
You are looking from the outside in,and you even admit you are good looking.
Have you been taunted because of your looks? Rejected?

I don't think I have ever been "ugly". I'm sure some people have thought I was ugly and as a teen I felt insecure about my looks but I think that's normal.

I have never been taunted because of my looks but I have been rejected. I have been rejected by employers, possible friends, and even some of my own family.

In terms of men, I don't really approach men though so I don't get rejected as much as someone who approaches men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2012, 04:11 PM
 
3,877 posts, read 4,579,575 times
Reputation: 10019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
That's about the only thing wrong with my face. I am going to try Juvederm for the dark eye hollows.?
I looked into that and the reputable docs in my area were very much against fillers in the eye troughs, said that the rate of complications was too high and the results weren't very good even without complications. Please get many opinions before you follow through with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2012, 05:12 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,222,202 times
Reputation: 7486
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I looked into that and the reputable docs in my area were very much against fillers in the eye troughs, said that the rate of complications was too high and the results weren't very good even without complications. Please get many opinions before you follow through with that.
Yeah,I was just reading about lumps forming from the Juvederm.
Others had developed bags. My dermatologist injected her tear trough area,and while it still looks dark,she said the primary purpose was to fill in the line only,not lighten the color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2012, 05:40 PM
 
1,070 posts, read 1,332,215 times
Reputation: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It seems with all the focus on looks of women I would be better off getting plastic surgery than going back to get my degree.

Does it seem for women nowadays that its more profitable to get surgery to improve their looks vs getting a college degree?
There have been studies that prove beautiful people get treated better and make more money.
Also,plenty of people with Bachelor's Degrees who can't find employment.

What do you think?

Maybe I should have posted this in the non romantic relationships forum?
Or the Finanacial section under personal?
I just posted an article entitled "Best Paying Jobs For Women," in the General Forums, " Work and Employment" that you may benefit from reading. Given the fact that in most of the USA there are 10 women to one man, and the possibilities of a divorce are enormeous, once you get married, I will not be so sure that plastic surgery would be more beneficial to you than the PROPER degree! Your looks can only take you so far, and plastic surgery can last 5 to 10 years' top. But the possibilites once you acquire the right degree are endless................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2012, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,260,273 times
Reputation: 3037
I want to see your sources on the ten women to one man thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2012, 07:24 AM
 
3,877 posts, read 4,579,575 times
Reputation: 10019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I want to see your sources on the ten women to one man thing.
US Census for 2010 says 50.1%, men 49.9%

http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/b...c2010br-03.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
13,441 posts, read 24,230,718 times
Reputation: 24758
I met a woman who did this. She was a part time bartender in a club where my SO was entertaining. She was actually retired and just tended bar to get out of the house and have something to do. She had retired at 40 after working for more than 20 years as a stripper, mostly on the east coast.

For 40, she was gorgeous. And she had some great stories. She once made 20K in ONE day. I kept telling her she should write a book. She inherited some money when she was still in High School and had initially planned to use the money to continue her education. Then she realized in the big scheme of things, she had no burning desire to continue her education and she was only average, not particularly intelligent. The only thing she had was looks. She was beautiful. So she decided to capitalize on what she had. She had her breasts augmented, her waist made smaller, and a nose job. Over the years, she did have some lipo and touchup work done too.

Well, in just a little more than 20 years, she saved enough to retire and not HAVE to work for the rest of her life. In her particular case, the plastics probably did more for her than a degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2012, 08:40 AM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,222,202 times
Reputation: 7486
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I met a woman who did this. She was a part time bartender in a club where my SO was entertaining. She was actually retired and just tended bar to get out of the house and have something to do. She had retired at 40 after working for more than 20 years as a stripper, mostly on the east coast.

For 40, she was gorgeous. And she had some great stories. She once made 20K in ONE day. I kept telling her she should write a book. She inherited some money when she was still in High School and had initially planned to use the money to continue her education. Then she realized in the big scheme of things, she had no burning desire to continue her education and she was only average, not particularly intelligent. The only thing she had was looks. She was beautiful. So she decided to capitalize on what she had. She had her breasts augmented, her waist made smaller, and a nose job. Over the years, she did have some lipo and touchup work done too.

Well, in just a little more than 20 years, she saved enough to retire and not HAVE to work for the rest of her life. In her particular case, the plastics probably did more for her than a degree.
Wow,good for her.
I read about strippers making 800,000 dollars in one year.
But I'm not trying to be a stripper. Just trying to get through days without people being mean or ignoring me over my looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2012, 08:43 AM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,222,202 times
Reputation: 7486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
I just posted an article entitled "Best Paying Jobs For Women," in the General Forums, " Work and Employment" that you may benefit from reading. Given the fact that in most of the USA there are 10 women to one man, and the possibilities of a divorce are enormeous, once you get married, I will not be so sure that plastic surgery would be more beneficial to you than the PROPER degree! Your looks can only take you so far, and plastic surgery can last 5 to 10 years' top. But the possibilites once you acquire the right degree are endless................
Ok,I see what your saying.

Get a degree so that way if your husband leaves you,you can take care of yourself.

At the same time,looking beautiful would sure help one land a husband in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2012, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Bergen County, NJ
1,603 posts, read 3,523,939 times
Reputation: 1837
Unless the plastic surgery is for career reasons- (e.g. modeling, escort, stripper, sales, etc ) I would say to save your money and invest in the educational route in lieu of the superficial route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top