U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-31-2012, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Astoria, NY
3,053 posts, read 3,429,455 times
Reputation: 2475

Advertisements

So many posts rife with trite sentiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-31-2012, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,256,060 times
Reputation: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
So many posts rife with trite sentiment.

An example of when less than average thinkers use a thesaurus. Who speaks like this?

My boyfriend and I were just talking about this. Some dumb "bro" will find words in a thesaurus and use them together that are just so ridiculous in common speech but the "bro" will think they sound intelligent and be proud about it.

There is a 50% chance the bro will either use the new word wrong on completely mispronounce it.


Anyways, people here are just expressing their opinions. Your pea brain is the one that came up with the "South America is the most superficial continent in the world". You are the one who made it about race with claims that parents in Brazil and Colombia let their 12 year old daughters get plastic surgeries.

Brazil and Colombia are two very different places and possibly the only 2 South American countries you have ever heard of. People aren't letting their prepubescent children have plastic surgery. My entire family is South American and everyone I know in Miami and I have never heard of a child getting plastic surgery.

I know far more American women who get cosmetic surgery, usually breast implants. Pretty much there are no A-cups in Miami because all of the American women down their get plastic breasts in they are not at least a B naturally. Only the rare, confident A-cup probably from a place like Chicago will stay natural.

Last edited by Pear Martini; 07-31-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2012, 03:08 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,215,181 times
Reputation: 7485
I keep reading how trophy wives get traded in.
Any proof?
Also,there is always alimony.

When I was younger,maybe in my late teens, I used to think all I need is a degree and life would fall into place. That wasn't true. Over the years,as i observed, the pretty women got cars,apartments,and pretty much everything while I rode the bus or drove my beat up car to go get that degree. Life seemed easy for them, they basically got things handed to them. Lots of them got married to engineers,lawyers,and even policemen.
In other words,the men with degrees weren't even paying attention to unattractive women with degrees.
The professional men got married to the attractive women without degrees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2012, 03:23 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,215,181 times
Reputation: 7485
I guess at the time when I was younger I didn't realize what I really wanted to be was a housewife.
It wasn't until I got older that I realized it. Since the primary thing men focus on is looks,well that should of been my focus back then. I admit too I did let my looks go to the wayside. I didn't care about staying up late to study,ate anything I wanted to while studying(something about reading and eating),didn't know the meaning of exercise.
That's why its kind of impossible to keep up with my looks and pursue a degree. We even laugh about that at the nurses station,how everyone got obese from studying and snacking.
I do regret not trying finding a good husband when I was younger.

Women be honest on here.
Wouldn't you rather have a husband who takes care of you rather than working full time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2012, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,878 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Reputation: 25993
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Women be honest on here.
Wouldn't you rather have a husband who takes care of you rather than working full time?
No. I'd be bored after 2 weeks. If I even lasted that long. If I was independently wealthy, I'd be working on starting my own business. All of my ideas seem to need a lot of capital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2012, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,256,060 times
Reputation: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I guess at the time when I was younger I didn't realize what I really wanted to be was a housewife.
It wasn't until I got older that I realized it. Since the primary thing men focus on is looks,well that should of been my focus back then. I admit too I did let my looks go to the wayside. I didn't care about staying up late to study,ate anything I wanted to while studying(something about reading and eating),didn't know the meaning of exercise.
That's why its kind of impossible to keep up with my looks and pursue a degree. We even laugh about that at the nurses station,how everyone got obese from studying and snacking.
I do regret not trying finding a good husband when I was younger.

Women be honest on here.
Wouldn't you rather have a husband who takes care of you rather than working full time
?

Only if I had his child. I wouldn't want to toil away with no life for myself. All of my friends have jobs, I would probably spend most of my time alone slowly losing my wits.

If you enjoyed your profession, I don't think this would be an issue.

Also, my standards are pretty high. For a couple to live off of one income, he would have to make at LEAST 100,000 for him to give us the quality of life I'm used to. With a child it would need to be much higher.

Chances are a man making that spends a lot of time away from home, possibly even in the office on Saturdays.

I rather contribute to the pot and even work from home which is possible in my career. Wouldn't it be nicer to have 160,000 a year to buy a house, save for retirement, and take vacations with? I got that figure by adding the average salary in Boston and x2ing it.

$80,000x2=$160,000


I think it would be a lonely existence. Imagine him spending his years constantly educating and bettering himself and you just toiling away, probably losing intelligence by not being engaged enough by adults. He will be meeting people on his level, interesting people. He will meet men and women who went to Law School/Med school/whatever in fine institutions and did semesters in Bangladesh volunteering to help the poor. You will be lucky if you can brake into the local group of yoga moms.

While in theory it sounds great to spend my days getting pedicures, doing yoga, and light cooking and cleaning...I can see it turning into a very isolated and unfulfillable lifestyle. I suppose if you have a child between infant-school age it may be different and nicer to stay at home.

But everyone is different, I just don't see it happening for myself. My aunt works with infants-school aged children at a day care and on days I help, I love her job! It doesn't even feel like work. I get to play with a group of entertaining and lovable 2-4 year olds and take care of some infants to. I would do it for free if she couldn't pay me.

This isn't my career but maybe it would help you to switch jobs or fields for a while and do something you will be happy to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2012, 04:33 PM
 
Location: My House
33,076 posts, read 26,889,149 times
Reputation: 24430
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I guess at the time when I was younger I didn't realize what I really wanted to be was a housewife.
It wasn't until I got older that I realized it. Since the primary thing men focus on is looks,well that should of been my focus back then. I admit too I did let my looks go to the wayside. I didn't care about staying up late to study,ate anything I wanted to while studying(something about reading and eating),didn't know the meaning of exercise.
That's why its kind of impossible to keep up with my looks and pursue a degree. We even laugh about that at the nurses station,how everyone got obese from studying and snacking.
I do regret not trying finding a good husband when I was younger.

Women be honest on here.
Wouldn't you rather have a husband who takes care of you rather than working full time?
Nope. I've been a housewife. When my kids were younger (off and on, as I was also a college student).

I'd be bored outta my mind. If I had managed to marry a very wealthy man, I'd probably go back for a law degree then start working again.

The hubby and I are actually quite close (we may already be with raises this year) to being part of the 1%. We've been pretty much 2% earners the whole time we've been together and we get taxed like crazy, which is the only way I know we're not quite financially elite.

Even if I quit working? We'd make more than lots of dual income families. That said, I married a very ambitious man who prefers women who work, are educated, understand corporate America.

There are men like that out there.

OP? I suggest that your profession is dragging you down. Go back to school and make a career change. You'll be happier.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2012, 06:14 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,215,181 times
Reputation: 7485
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Nope. I've been a housewife. When my kids were younger (off and on, as I was also a college student).

I'd be bored outta my mind. If I had managed to marry a very wealthy man, I'd probably go back for a law degree then start working again.

The hubby and I are actually quite close (we may already be with raises this year) to being part of the 1%. We've been pretty much 2% earners the whole time we've been together and we get taxed like crazy, which is the only way I know we're not quite financially elite.

Even if I quit working? We'd make more than lots of dual income families. That said, I married a very ambitious man who prefers women who work, are educated, understand corporate America.

There are men like that out there.

OP? I suggest that your profession is dragging you down. Go back to school and make a career change. You'll be happier.

Your looks were the first thing your husband was attracted to though,right?

Last edited by jerseygal4u; 07-31-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2012, 06:21 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,215,181 times
Reputation: 7485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Only if I had his child. I wouldn't want to toil away with no life for myself. All of my friends have jobs, I would probably spend most of my time alone slowly losing my wits.

If you enjoyed your profession, I don't think this would be an issue.

Also, my standards are pretty high. For a couple to live off of one income, he would have to make at LEAST 100,000 for him to give us the quality of life I'm used to. With a child it would need to be much higher.

Chances are a man making that spends a lot of time away from home, possibly even in the office on Saturdays.

I rather contribute to the pot and even work from home which is possible in my career. Wouldn't it be nicer to have 160,000 a year to buy a house, save for retirement, and take vacations with? I got that figure by adding the average salary in Boston and x2ing it.

$80,000x2=$160,000


I think it would be a lonely existence. Imagine him spending his years constantly educating and bettering himself and you just toiling away, probably losing intelligence by not being engaged enough by adults. He will be meeting people on his level, interesting people. He will meet men and women who went to Law School/Med school/whatever in fine institutions and did semesters in Bangladesh volunteering to help the poor. You will be lucky if you can brake into the local group of yoga moms.

While in theory it sounds great to spend my days getting pedicures, doing yoga, and light cooking and cleaning...I can see it turning into a very isolated and unfulfillable lifestyle. I suppose if you have a child between infant-school age it may be different and nicer to stay at home.

But everyone is different, I just don't see it happening for myself. My aunt works with infants-school aged children at a day care and on days I help, I love her job! It doesn't even feel like work. I get to play with a group of entertaining and lovable 2-4 year olds and take care of some infants to. I would do it for free if she couldn't pay me.

This isn't my career but maybe it would help you to switch jobs or fields for a while and do something you will be happy to do?
I work,and I don't meet people. Its basically fleeting relationships.
Most of the patients in my care are very,very sick children who for lack of words,will probably d__
Within 10 years(I can't bring myself to write the word). Most can't even play,hear,see,or walk.


Back to the example you gave,I think I would be happy if my husband made 50,000 a year.
We could make it work.
But,I don't know any man making 100,000 dollars who would marry an ugly woman.
Usually when a man makes that much,he could pick the creme of the crop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2012, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Midwest
2,975 posts, read 4,270,431 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I guess at the time when I was younger I didn't realize what I really wanted to be was a housewife.
It wasn't until I got older that I realized it. Since the primary thing men focus on is looks,well that should of been my focus back then. I admit too I did let my looks go to the wayside. I didn't care about staying up late to study,ate anything I wanted to while studying(something about reading and eating),didn't know the meaning of exercise.
That's why its kind of impossible to keep up with my looks and pursue a degree. We even laugh about that at the nurses station,how everyone got obese from studying and snacking.
I do regret not trying finding a good husband when I was younger.

Women be honest on here.
Wouldn't you rather have a husband who takes care of you rather than working full time?
I would like to have both. A man who can provide for me, and then give me enough money to start my own business so I can have something productive to do on the side. Like start my own makeup line. I'd like to hire employees so they can run it for me and then I come in and work when I feel like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top