U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-03-2012, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Purgatory
2,663 posts, read 4,383,425 times
Reputation: 3032

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You get the home,money from the joint bank account,and alimony.
Sounds nice to me.
You sound horribly empty and vapid. If I were you, I wouldn't be worrying about my looks....I'd be worrying about my personality, or lack thereof.

The only thing "ugly" I see is this thread. If there's a god, may he or she have mercy on your empty souls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2012, 09:39 PM
 
3,886 posts, read 4,597,786 times
Reputation: 10059
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
If there's a god, may he or she have mercy on your empty souls.
And have mercy on your judgemental butt as well.

No man or woman should count on getting alimony. That is very rarely handed down by the courts anymore, and in very narrow circumstances. A traditional, lengthy marriage where the wife has never worked and the husband leaves her at or near retirement age would be an example. Hugely disparate incomes and earning potentials (he's a mega-financier pulling down 7 figures, she makes suede amulet bags and sells them on etsy) is another.

In most cases these days, there will be child support if there are children, a division of assets gained during the marriage, and sometimes -- not always -- a 6 month or so period where the higher earning spouse pays a stipend to the lower earner during the period where the assets are being divided and things hashed out until a final decree is signed.

No one should go into a marriage thinking they'll be on easy street if the marriage ends in divorce. It doesn't happen that way anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Purgatory
2,663 posts, read 4,383,425 times
Reputation: 3032
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
And have mercy on your judgemental butt as well.

No man or woman should count on getting alimony. That is very rarely handed down by the courts anymore, and in very narrow circumstances. A traditional, lengthy marriage where the wife has never worked and the husband leaves her at or near retirement age would be an example. Hugely disparate incomes and earning potentials (he's a mega-financier pulling down 7 figures, she makes suede amulet bags and sells them on etsy) is another.

In most cases these days, there will be child support if there are children, a division of assets gained during the marriage, and sometimes -- not always -- a 6 month or so period where the higher earning spouse pays a stipend to the lower earner during the period where the assets are being divided and things hashed out until a final decree is signed.

No one should go into a marriage thinking they'll be on easy street if the marriage ends in divorce. It doesn't happen that way anymore.
You know, I actually liked your posts and sympathized with you not so long ago, but you've shown your true colors and none of them are good. I wish you all the best, but I'm done here. You are clearly part of the problem, rather than someone I can relate to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,284,074 times
Reputation: 3037
This thread makes me so happy to have a down to earth boyfriend and natural beauty. I never knew how much some people toiled about their appearances.

I will always think the act of cutting open a breast to put a bag of salt water in it is just a sign of someone with serious issues.


I'm sorry but if I was with a new man for the first time and he dropped his pants and I could obviously tell he had a dick implant I'd be so disgusted.

I have close friends with boobs jobs, and I just can't help but be surprised.

It does help mediocre looking women look better, but aren't natural boobs just the way they are supposed to be? Soft, with sensitivity and not in need of repair within a decade?


I love my boobs and would never change them....perfect little Ds and I wouldn't change them even if someone else offered to pay for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,284,074 times
Reputation: 3037
In regards to the guy saying fake racks really do help women get good men. He dated two women with fake racks and he was making 6 figures at the time.


Give me a break. 6 figures is not special enough to correlate with gold diggers and boob jobs. If a gold digger/plastic hot tranny mess is aiming for a guy who makes 100,000 I pity her.


In Boston the average salary is 80,000 and thats including 50% of the city that does not hold degrees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 11:32 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,264,207 times
Reputation: 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
You sound horribly empty and vapid. If I were you, I wouldn't be worrying about my looks....I'd be worrying about my personality, or lack thereof.

The only thing "ugly" I see is this thread. If there's a god, may he or she have mercy on your empty souls.
What I'm saying is someone who was once pretty,but got old and lost their looks is still better off than someone who never had it in the first place.
So,her hubby upgrades, but she still gets some support
Vs
The woman who didn't have looks at all,married someone who didn't match her income potential(because she settled)
And now has to pay out alimony to her ex.

Its pure economics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 11:36 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,264,207 times
Reputation: 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
In regards to the guy saying fake racks really do help women get good men. He dated two women with fake racks and he was making 6 figures at the time.


Give me a break. 6 figures is not special enough to correlate with gold diggers and boob jobs. If a gold digger/plastic hot tranny mess is aiming for a guy who makes 100,000 I pity her.


In Boston the average salary is 80,000 and thats including 50% of the city that does not hold degrees.
100,000 doesn't sound like a lot to us(esp those of us in the northeast) because of the higher cost of living but to someone in Texas or Ohio, that amount goes very far. Heck,I make that much but it doesn't stretch very far.

But I do understand what your saying about this guy. He only making 100,000 dollars yet he expects a trophy.
Which goes back to what I am saying all along,that men don't want their equals education wise,they want someone who is beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 11:39 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,264,207 times
Reputation: 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
This thread makes me so happy to have a down to earth boyfriend and natural beauty. I never knew how much some people toiled about their appearances.

I will always think the act of cutting open a breast to put a bag of salt water in it is just a sign of someone with serious issues.


I'm sorry but if I was with a new man for the first time and he dropped his pants and I could obviously tell he had a dick implant I'd be so disgusted.

I have close friends with boobs jobs, and I just can't help but be surprised.

It does help mediocre looking women look better, but aren't natural boobs just the way they are supposed to be? Soft, with sensitivity and not in need of repair within a decade?


I love my boobs and would never change them....perfect little Ds and I wouldn't change them even if someone else offered to pay for them.

Why are you judging though?
What if that were you with A cups? How would you feel then?
Would you still love yourself? I don't think you can answer that one correctly,because you never were an A cup. You haven't walked in that person's shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 11:53 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,264,207 times
Reputation: 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
You sound horribly empty and vapid. If I were you, I wouldn't be worrying about my looks....I'd be worrying about my personality, or lack thereof.

The only thing "ugly" I see is this thread. If there's a god, may he or she have mercy on your empty souls.
What's so ugly about this thread?

I came up with 2 conclusions.

If an 18 year old woman wants to land a good husband,she should go about improving her looks.
If she wants a career,focus on education.

My mom,who was a housewife,always focused on "get an education".
She never once mentioned anything about "getting a husband".
I guess mom's push on their daughters their own dreams. She told me she wanted to be like me with a career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 AM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,126 posts, read 25,873,785 times
Reputation: 16226
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Why are you judging though?
What if that were you with A cups? How would you feel then?
Would you still love yourself? I don't think you can answer that one correctly,because you never were an A cup. You haven't walked in that person's shoes.
Actually, nearly every woman was an A cup at one point..we're not born with boobs ya know.

I had an A cup up until I was 19 and I MISS it. Anything bigger than an A or a B made my hobbies extremely difficult. No more competitive swimming, no more show jumping or 3 day eventing etc. I miss not having to wear a bra, swimsuits/clothing fitting me right off the shelves.

I'd be perfectly happy going back to my A cups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top