U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 04:20 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,212,024 times

Advertisements

I'm going to see if I could achieve the some results using botox and facial fillers first.
Now I'm searching for a Ps in Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 04:54 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,942,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by losangelesdowntownchick View Post
Translation of the title of this thread: should I get *a real job* or should I prostitute myself in a fake marriage?
I don't think so. There are women who are obsessed by their appearance. The OP does not remind me of that type of person. She, from her description, thinks she is not 'normal' looking, but somewhere on the wrong side of the normal curve. For a woman, it is important to feel loved and cherished by someone. Some women go through their entire lives never knowing that.

She has to assess what the biggest defect is in her life. If that is her appearance and her job promises to be steady in the future, why not?

I initially thought, no, but her further comments brought me back to a friend I had who was not especially pretty and had been pretty religious and even studied to be a nun earlier in her life. She missed out on a lot and regretted it later.

A job is a practical thing, something you must pay attention to first, but a person's emotions need satisfying, too. We have a split brain with two equal sides for a reason. Neither should be neglected to have a fulfilling life.

Last edited by goldengrain; 10-03-2012 at 05:05 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,942,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm going to see if I could achieve the some results using botox and facial fillers first.
Now I'm searching for a Ps in Manhattan.
So many women will not divulge that they have had facial work. I know two or three with whom I had a fairly close relationship who you KNOW have had at least their noses done, by looking at their families, but when I said I might consider a nose job, not a peep out of them.

Keep in mind that some doctors post before and after photos that are not their own work on their websites. This is legal. Some of the biggest names do not post before and afters.

I have heard that in NYC Daniel Baker and Sherrell Aston were rivals for being the best. Aston had some serious mishaps, two people died, probably not of his doing. They both had reputations for doing stars and socialites, and must be very expensive. On one hand, you don't want to pay much, but on the other hand, you are stuck with your face for life so if you can save for the best, I'd do it. (so long as you are on track for other savings, like your retirement - NEVER neglect that).

Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I don't think so. There are women who are obsessed by their appearance. The OP does not remind me of that type of person. She, from her description, thinks she is not 'normal' looking, but somewhere on the wrong side of the normal curve. For a woman, it is important to feel loved and cherished by someone. Some women go through their entire lives never knowing that.

She has to assess what the biggest defect is in her life. If that is her appearance and her job promises to be steady in the future, why not?

I initially thought, no, but her further comments brought me back to a friend I had who was not especially pretty and had been pretty religious and even studied to be a nun earlier in her life. She missed out on a lot and regretted it later.

A job is a practical thing, something you must pay attention to first, but a person's emotions need satisfying, too. We have a split brain with two equal sides for a reason. Neither should be neglected to have a fulfilling life.
I missed out on a lot.
I missed out on the high school experience,because I was bullied badly.
I missed out on a high school graduation,instead getting a Ged at 17,and then going to college from there.
I missed out on a prom. There are just many more,but I don't want to recall them up.
All through no fault of my own.

If the poster was really reading,I have my own career. I was just saying I want to meet my equal in income,which would be a middle class man(lower to mid middle class)
I do understand there are men out there who take advantage of career women who aren't pretty.
Been there done that.

I actually tried Botox,but the dermatologist didn't listen.
I wanted the inner portion of my eyebrows lifted(I often get pegged as being mean and angry even when I'm not feeling angry).
She instead injected between the eyebrows. I won't go back to have her do the Juvederm,that's for sure.
She is always making appearances on Gma though.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 PM

I've thought about the spa's that do Juvederm and Restylane,but I don't think a doctor actually does the injecting. I think an estetician does. The price is cheaper than actually visiting a plastic surgeon,but as they say,you get what you pay for.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 PM

33,066 posts, read 26,880,121 times
Quote:
I've thought about the spa's that do Juvederm and Restylane,but I don't think a doctor actually does the injecting. I think an estetician does. The price is cheaper than actually visiting a plastic surgeon,but as they say,you get what you pay for.
Pay for a doctor. If you've wrestled with this for that long, why chance it?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,428,459 times
Quote:
I would recommend to you the doc that did my botox Dr. Vafa at Lasertouch Soho. I'm going to warn you, Botox, Juvederm, etc. aren't cheap...you have to keep up with them. Thankfully botox has already begun to permanently damage my jaw muscle so I won't have to do it again, but that's after spending 1200 on that alone. I'm already looking into fillers as I'm starting to look a bit tired from very long/late hours.

If you are thinking about body work PM me.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I would recommend to you the doc that did my botox Dr. Vafa at Lasertouch Soho. I'm going to warn you, Botox, Juvederm, etc. aren't cheap...you have to keep up with them. Thankfully botox has already begun to permanently damage my jaw muscle so I won't have to do it again, but that's after spending 1200 on that alone. I'm already looking into fillers as I'm starting to look a bit tired from very long/late hours.

If you are thinking about body work PM me.
I'm actually looking a bit tired too from working 70+ hours a week,esp with the dark circles and laugh lines that came from losing weight.
They can inject Botox into the jaw line(massiter muscles?) Thought they always used Juvederm.

Did you ever hear of someone purchasing their own syringes of Juvederm and Resylane and injecting themselves? I read tthat they do that in Europe with no problem.
I can certainly do it being a nurse,and it would cost much less to inject in for myself.
It seems from reading reviews on the internet that lots of doctors actually mess up and give people lumps.
These same people have to pay other doctors to fix the problem,costing more money.

If figure if I mess up,its on me. Of course,I would buy the syringe that actually dissolves restylane and Juvederm if lumps occur.

I paid about $575 for the Botox I had between the brows.

I don't want to change my body,not right now anyway,but I really need to get my face together first.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 AM

684 posts, read 668,284 times
Quote:
I'm actually looking a bit tired too from working 70+ hours a week,esp with the dark circles and laugh lines that came from losing weight.
They can inject Botox into the jaw line(massiter muscles?) Thought they always used Juvederm.
If they are genuine laugh lines and make you look like someone who smiles a lot and not simple crow's feet, do not touch them. Faces with character are very sexy and laugh lines make someone look far better and more interesting.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:11 AM

16,487 posts, read 20,342,651 times
Quote:
It seems with all the focus on looks of women I would be better off getting plastic surgery than going back to get my degree.

Does it seem for women nowadays that its more profitable to get surgery to improve their looks vs getting a college degree?
There have been studies that prove beautiful people get treated better and make more money.
Also,plenty of people with Bachelor's Degrees who can't find employment.

What do you think?

Maybe I should have posted this in the non romantic relationships forum?
Or the Finanacial section under personal?
Unless you plan on being a stripper, a hooker, or a model, I'd get the degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty