U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 12:14 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,517,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It seems with all the focus on looks of women I would be better off getting plastic surgery than going back to get my degree.

Does it seem for women nowadays that its more profitable to get surgery to improve their looks vs getting a college degree?
There have been studies that prove beautiful people get treated better and make more money.
Also,plenty of people with Bachelor's Degrees who can't find employment.

What do you think?

Maybe I should have posted this in the non romantic relationships forum?
Or the Finanacial section under personal?
Getting plastic surgery is like interior decorating. You paint the ceilings, then you notice the drapes are faded. You fix the drapes, then you notice the carpet is matted. I mean, dang! Where does it END? Are you sure elevating yourself intellectually (so you can function in settings where brains are more important) isn't CHEAPER and more of a sure thing? Never forget the old salt, "You can kid mother nature, but you can't fool Father Time! You could put all that money out there to LOOK younger but depending on the original raw material genetics and God given looks, people could still see you as an older woman, so that's not really fooling anyone. It's not magic. It's surgery.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 PM

3,053 posts, read 3,430,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
no I look like both my parents. I know for a fact I'm not adoptwd it's why I'm pretty positive of who my dad is you should look at my genealogy threads.
Oh because on the anthro forum you said you were.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM

517 posts, read 715,842 times
I don't even know what anthro forum is so I've never said that. It probally was a fake.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM

3,053 posts, read 3,430,845 times
Quote:
I don't even know what anthro forum is so I've never said that. It probally was a fake.
That's funny because I remember you telling me that you recognized me from the forum.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 PM

yea quote it because that's a total untruth I've never seen you esides on this forum today. Though your username rings a ell

Old 10-05-2012, 05:36 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,259,198 times
I would like to say being beautiful has it's downsides. I'm not talking plastic surgery necessarily. If anyone remember's nyanna's thread about how she hated one of her cousins so much because she was beautiful and wished she were dead?

Honestly, this isn't as uncommon as you would think. I have cousins who hate me pretty much because I'm better looking than them. One cousin accused me of sleeping with her old nasty husband, which was completely false she was just jealous and insecure. She yelled at him about it like an out of control animal and took it back in the end.

Another cousin told me blonde hair looked horrible on me and convinced me to dye it brown. A year later she told be she hates all blondes because she felt they got better treatment than her (she is part indian with black hair).

That is when I realized that she convinced me to dye my hair darker because she was jealous of blondes. My natural color is light brown, and I had natural blonde highlights as a child. I began highlighting my hair that week.

An aunt of mine has even told me that another aunt in my family may think I'm a ****. I dress very conservatively for my age and have only had 2 boyfriends.

I could go on forever on this topic, but I will leave it at this since I believe it proves my point.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,271,902 times
lmao@Pear Martini

I look good too. My cousin is just lighter than me and that is the only reason she gets more attention. Besides, if I were to get booty implants I'd get every man's attention in the room. I'd be a show stopper. I actually have plans to get booty implants in the future.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:30 PM

kind of is the story of my life except mine was about body type rather than anything else... Like everyone always complains I wear too much make up or am anorexic. I got my relatives in a big hissy fit when I went blond too. I hate the weird male attention hate the jealousy. Only thing I like aout being nice is make up really because it's easy and rewarding. But I rather look my worst and have a highly skilled high paying job than looks.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,220,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Unless you plan on being a stripper, a hooker, or a model, I'd get the degree.
I actually am an Rn already.
I was thinking about a more advanced degree vs plastic surgery.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,220,340 times
Quote:
kind of is the story of my life except mine was about body type rather than anything else... Like everyone always complains I wear too much make up or am anorexic. I got my relatives in a big hissy fit when I went blond too. I hate the weird male attention hate the jealousy. Only thing I like aout being nice is make up really because it's easy and rewarding. But I rather look my worst and have a highly skilled high paying job than looks.
That would be nice if the world worked that way but it doesn't.

How many times have we seen,or perhaps we all know someone who was older(about 50) who were fired or let go,and replaced by a younger person?

If it was all about skills and experience,how come older workers 50+ have the hardest time out of all age groups finding jobs,even though they have more skills and experience than younger workers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty