U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 05:57 PM

31,223 posts, read 57,391,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
How many times have we seen,or perhaps we all know someone who was older(about 50) who were fired or let go,and replaced by a younger person?

If it was all about skills and experience,how come older workers 50+ have the hardest time out of all age groups finding jobs,even though they have more skills and experience than younger workers?
Apples and oranges. It's not about looks; it's about money.

Quote:
I actually am an Rn already.
I was thinking about a more advanced degree vs plastic surgery.
Get a master's and become certified as a nurse practitioner and you can punch your own ticket.

Get plastic surgery and you're just another RN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 08:21 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,274,875 times
I'm getting booty implants. I can't wait to wear a tight spandex dress with my booty sticking way out.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:03 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,230,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I'm getting booty implants. I can't wait to wear a tight spandex dress with my booty sticking way out.
Why?
Do people tell you that you are ugly?
Or are you doing it for attention?

I know I'm coming across as hypocritical,but I'm doing the surgery to look normal,not for attention.
Noraml as in the median curve,not below it like I am now(facially). I'm not doing it for attention,and despite what anyone says,it seems men prefer a pretty face more than pretty body,which is bad for me.
I've seen to many men around here with women who have pretty or average faces but bad bodies.
I want to blend in when out in a crowd,because now I stick out due to my face.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:37 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,274,875 times
Quote:
Why?
Do people tell you that you are ugly?
Or are you doing it for attention?

I know I'm coming across as hypocritical,but I'm doing the surgery to look normal,not for attention.
Noraml as in the median curve,not below it like I am now(facially). I'm not doing it for attention,and despite what anyone says,it seems men prefer a pretty face more than pretty body,which is bad for me.
I've seen to many men around here with women who have pretty or average faces but bad bodies.
I want to blend in when out in a crowd,because now I stick out due to my face.
No, I don't get told I am ugly. But I have had people make nasty remarks about my dark skin tone before. I feel that many men either prefer lightskin/biracial looking women or women with very curvy figures. As of right now, my figure is just average. Just okay. I want something that is going to make me look very sexy and grab the attention of many men. I would like a big butt.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:37 AM

10,104 posts, read 9,342,269 times
Listen, just assess your wardrobe, choose accentuating makeup and find an attractive hairstyle. That's it. There's no need for surgery. Everyone has flaws, I'm pretty sure you don't resemble medusa. However if you keep thinking of yourself as the ugliest girl in the room, then you will start to give off that vibe. It shouldn't take surgery to mend self confidence.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
No, I don't get told I am ugly. But I have had people make nasty remarks about my dark skin tone before. I feel that many men either prefer lightskin/biracial looking women or women with very curvy figures. As of right now, my figure is just average. Just okay. I want something that is going to make me look very sexy and grab the attention of many men. I would like a big butt.
What's wrong with dark skin? I would ignore that bc skin color is something that you can't change. Lighter skinned women can't change theirs either. Something that makes a girl feel sexy is a good outfit.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,230,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
What's wrong with dark skin? I would ignore that bc skin color is something that you can't change. Lighter skinned women can't change theirs either. Something that makes a girl feel sexy is a good outfit.
Except,a good outfit can't cover a bad face.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Except,a good outfit can't cover a bad face.
What is a bad face? Do you have warts growing out of your skin. Your face isn't disfigured as far as I can tell, so maybe you need some makeup application instructions. Be thankful that you have a successful career, and your face isn't disfigured due to circumstances that you have no control over.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:19 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,957,439 times
Quote:
That would all be nice IF I was an older woman.
But I'm 30. Don't drink hard,don't smoke,overeats sometimes,don't exercise like I should.

I thought by not drinking and smoking,I wouldn't age fast. I also don't stay out in the sun,don't tan,am not pale,and still look older than my age. My family,including my mom and sisters look younger than their ages,but not me.
The only difference that I could think of between all of us is that I work 70+ hrs a week,and I have been doing this for maybe 4 yrs now.
Ah-ha.
If you opted for the advanced degree, could you end up working fewer hours? Would you be making more money, which would enable you to get that surgery, also, down the road a bit?

Old 10-14-2012, 12:29 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,957,439 times
Quote:
I like slender, in proportion, but to each his own.
Have you tried buying some padding to see what it's really like, how much problem there might be in getting clothing to fit you properly if your bottom is out of proportion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty