Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 03:06 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

It seems with all the focus on looks of women I would be better off getting plastic surgery than going back to get my degree.

Does it seem for women nowadays that its more profitable to get surgery to improve their looks vs getting a college degree?
There have been studies that prove beautiful people get treated better and make more money.
Also,plenty of people with Bachelor's Degrees who can't find employment.

What do you think?

Maybe I should have posted this in the non romantic relationships forum?
Or the Finanacial section under personal?

Last edited by jerseygal4u; 07-21-2012 at 03:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 03:08 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
I wouldn't choose plastic surgery over an education. But why not get both?

Old 07-21-2012, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I wouldn't choose plastic surgery over an education. But why not get both?
Surgery can get pretty expensive.
So can a degree.

I can go for only one due to finances.

For me personally,I'm trying to decide which would be more likely to have more "return" for my money.
It seems plastic surgery would. A Master's would result I'm more job responsibilities,and 2 dollars extra per hour.
But then,I would be too educated for regular floor nursing(which the majority of nursing jobs are).

Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
If you're being serious you're probably not smart enough to finish your degree.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:48 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've been told by at least two different people that I would have been better off getting plastic surgery over getting my engineering degree.

So, I think it's a valid question.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:09 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
An education cannot be taken away from you. Plastic surgery usually needs little "tune-ups" over the years, and of course, many things can go awry in the OR. Everyone continues to age, even those with PS.

Since you apparently want to be a nurse, those jobs are based on education and skill. Pretty nurses do not make more money even though they might have more luck finding a doctor if they are looking for a spouse.

If both are important to you, find a college outside of the US where you can also get the PS. I believe that if you do not get q good education that you will regret it in the future.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:35 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
If both are important to you, find a college outside of the US where you can also get the PS. I believe that if you do not get q good education that you will regret it in the future.
The irony of this post. You just suggested that someone who works in the medical industry get surgery done offshore. Nothing like offshoring your own industry.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Really?
YOU? All of the crazy threads you start?
Let's see what you started:
Would woman date a guy with a pet snake?

Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
An education cannot be taken away from you. Plastic surgery usually needs little "tune-ups" over the years, and of course, many things can go awry in the OR. Everyone continues to age, even those with PS.

Since you apparently want to be a nurse, those jobs are based on education and skill. Pretty nurses do not make more money even though they might have more luck finding a doctor if they are looking for a spouse.

I'm already a nurse,an Rn with an Adn.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've been told by at least two different people that I would have been better off getting plastic surgery over getting my engineering degree.

So, I think it's a valid question.
I know the question may seem silly to some,but I was told the same thing.
Getting my And hasn't made me any happier than I thought it would.
I thought guys liked a woman who was pursuing an education,but I was wrong.

All on these forums,the men actually said they don't care about a womans educational achievement,how much money she makes,if she ain't attractive,she ain't attractive and having those things won't make her more of a viable mate.

There was a thread on here that someone asked a question: would you take woman A,who makes six figures,highly traveled,has great conversation,a sense of humor,a Phd from Harvard. but is not attractive.
Or
Woman B,who is attractive,unemployed,lives with Mommy and Daddy,and is shy.

Most of the men picked B.(the thread had the pics of the women on there).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty