Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:34 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Apparently, one who goes by "jerseygal." *rimshot*
Did you read Xabeechicks post?
It ties in to what I said.
But I realize people don't get I'm talking about.
Which one would bring a greater return,or more bang for the buck?

As I look around,lots of people with Master's degrees aren't even working.
$40,000 down the drain,and wasted years for what? To live at home with Mom and Dad,and $80,000 in debt?

Or
$20,000 spent on plastic surgery,but you will find a more financially stable mate,get free stuff,and it will be easier to find jobs(even if they are on the lower end of the payscale)

Last edited by jerseygal4u; 07-21-2012 at 05:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 04:36 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Did you read the above post,XXXabeechick?

She has men who don't even know her buying her things. You think if she was average with a Phd he would be doing those things?

Someone like me who works,has to buy my own things,meaning I have to work twice as hard.

Yes, I read it. I also considered the source and decided it was best not to respond.

Poor you, having to work to buy your own things. Sweetness, in this economy, just having a job puts you ahead of millions of people. You are a professional woman in a great field and instead of taking pride in that, you whine about having to support yourself like an adult???? If you are like this in person, it may be more than your looks that men are running from.

So only pretty people get jobs? Not where I work. And a secretary is a far cry from a nurse. No offense to anyone, but a secretary can afford to be stupid and pretty. A nurse cannot. The fact that you can't see that makes me wonder. University of Phoenix School of Nursing grad? Ask NJ Best if he would hire a pretty bit stupid accountant or analyst.

This is pissing me off, so I will stop here.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Did you read Xabeechicks post?
I've read MANY of xxbabeechick's posts...certainly enough to know that they're not really the posts you wanna invoke as backup to legitimize your claim to, well, pretty much anything you might have to say on any topic. Sorry.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:48 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Yes, I read it. I also considered the source and decided it was best not to respond.

Poor you, having to work to buy your own things. Sweetness, in this economy, just having a job puts you ahead of millions of people. You are a professional woman in a great field and instead of taking pride in that, you whine about having to support yourself like an adult???? If you are like this in person, it may be more than your looks that men are running from.

So only pretty people get jobs? Not where I work. And a secretary is a far cry from a nurse. No offense to anyone, but a secretary can afford to be stupid and pretty. A nurse cannot. The fact that you can't see that makes me wonder. University of Phoenix School of Nursing grad? Ask NJ Best if he would hire a pretty bit stupid accountant or analyst.

I agree with you. In my field being pretty would get you nowhere.

Its sad that some women still value their worth in their looks, and at the same time complain that men don't take them seriously.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
You began by asking which might be more profitable, but later mentioned that men prefer looks over brains. What is your priority, career and income or a romantic relationship?
A relationship and income.
I have a career,sort of(I am a floor nurse)
All throughout my early 20's and late 20's I focused on my career.
Has being a nurse helped me in the relationship department? No.
Apparently,having good looks can help out nurses too.

You can have a career with mediocre income,so income doesn't always come with big bucks.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:

My company did. Twice. We had two different staff accountants that were complete idiots, screwed up payroll every single time, screwed up benefits constantly and almost lost the insurance coverage for the ENTIRE company more than once. Guess what? They still got regular raises and one was given all the overtime she wanted, while the rest of us got written up if we worked more than 5 minutes over our clock out time.

Fake boobs, being thin and having a big flirty smile got her much farther than I ever got with my engineering degree.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:

I will tell you,in my 8 years of nurses I have had patients respond
"What happened to the pretty nurse I had this morning?"

So don't tell me what happens when I work in the field.
Older nurses can't find work as nurses because no one wants to hire them.
There is the story about the Texas hospital that won't hire nurses with a Bmi over 35.

Don't tell me that look don't matter in Nursing when I'm on the front lines.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the cheap shot btw. You have to be an RN with an Adn already to get the Bsn from UOP.
Explain to me how some pretty student in my class was able to have her degree paid for by a man just BECAUSE she was pretty with fake breasts?

Old 07-21-2012, 05:06 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I've read MANY of xxbabeechick's posts...certainly enough to know that they're not really the posts you wanna invoke as backup to legitimize your claim to, well, pretty much anything you might have to say on any topic. Sorry.
Great rebuttal.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:12 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Basic reading comprehension. I never said women weren't compensated for their looks. I never once said "that looks didn't matter in nursing". Although, if I were sick, I wouldn't give a crap what the nurse looked like.

I questioned why any self-respecting person, who could only afford one or the other, choose cosmetic surgery instead of furthering her education. Why any mature, professional adult would actually complain about working hard to afford something she wants rather than have it handed to her based on said surgery.

I have no idea why the girl with big boobs got a free ride. But instead of being jealous, why not feel pride that you earned it and paid for it yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty