Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 09:51 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Only if I had his child. I wouldn't want to toil away with no life for myself. All of my friends have jobs, I would probably spend most of my time alone slowly losing my wits.

If you enjoyed your profession, I don't think this would be an issue.

Also, my standards are pretty high. For a couple to live off of one income, he would have to make at LEAST 100,000 for him to give us the quality of life I'm used to. With a child it would need to be much higher.

Chances are a man making that spends a lot of time away from home, possibly even in the office on Saturdays.

I rather contribute to the pot and even work from home which is possible in my career. Wouldn't it be nicer to have 160,000 a year to buy a house, save for retirement, and take vacations with? I got that figure by adding the average salary in Boston and x2ing it.

$80,000x2=$160,000

I think it would be a lonely existence. Imagine him spending his years constantly educating and bettering himself and you just toiling away, probably losing intelligence by not being engaged enough by adults. He will be meeting people on his level, interesting people. He will meet men and women who went to Law School/Med school/whatever in fine institutions and did semesters in Bangladesh volunteering to help the poor. You will be lucky if you can brake into the local group of yoga moms.

While in theory it sounds great to spend my days getting pedicures, doing yoga, and light cooking and cleaning...I can see it turning into a very isolated and unfulfillable lifestyle. I suppose if you have a child between infant-school age it may be different and nicer to stay at home.

But everyone is different, I just don't see it happening for myself. My aunt works with infants-school aged children at a day care and on days I help, I love her job! It doesn't even feel like work. I get to play with a group of entertaining and lovable 2-4 year olds and take care of some infants to. I would do it for free if she couldn't pay me.

This isn't my career but maybe it would help you to switch jobs or fields for a while and do something you will be happy to do?
You're already a nurse which means you work with a lot of doctors. Why don't you try to snag one of them? Get a little nip and tuck and marry you a nice wealthy doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 10:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Your looks were the first thing your husband was attracted to though,right?
Possibly. I dunno.

I'm 5'4". Average build. Hourglass type figure. Large chest. I know he likes bigger breasts on a woman.

I'd had 3 kids by the time he met me and he's 13 years younger than me.

We met at work. I was working on my Master's. He's into ambition and intelligence.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I work,and I don't meet people. Its basically fleeting relationships.
Most of the patients in my care are very,very sick children who for lack of words,will probably d__
Within 10 years(I can't bring myself to write the word). Most can't even play,hear,see,or walk.

Back to the example you gave,I think I would be happy if my husband made 50,000 a year.
We could make it work.
But,I don't know any man making 100,000 dollars who would marry an ugly woman.
Usually when a man makes that much,he could pick the creme of the crop.
Ahhhh. Now I know what you were asking me.

No. I'm an average woman. Like most, I can look quite lovely sometimes. Other times I'm quite plain.

My husband was a six-figure earner when we met. He makes more now than he did back then.

So do I, though.

I think your assumptions about what men like are clouding your opportunities.

Do you live in Jersey?

Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,684 times
Quote:
I guess at the time when I was younger I didn't realize what I really wanted to be was a housewife.
It wasn't until I got older that I realized it. Since the primary thing men focus on is looks,well that should of been my focus back then. I admit too I did let my looks go to the wayside. I didn't care about staying up late to study,ate anything I wanted to while studying(something about reading and eating),didn't know the meaning of exercise.
That's why its kind of impossible to keep up with my looks and pursue a degree. We even laugh about that at the nurses station,how everyone got obese from studying and snacking.
I do regret not trying finding a good husband when I was younger.

Women be honest on here.
Wouldn't you rather have a husband who takes care of you rather than working full time?
I'm a stay at home mom, and my so takes care of me. But I do get bored.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 PM

This is such a sad thread... I don't even know what to say at all. I would get the degree(if I were choosing between surgery and education) but if the OP isn't attractive she has to do what works for her. Looks eventually fade though, so unless you are planning to continue getting surgery as you age it seems like a waste.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
This is such a sad thread... I don't even know what to say at all. I would get the degree(if I were choosing between surgery and education) but if the OP isn't attractive she has to do what works for her. Looks eventually fade though, so unless you are planning to continue getting surgery as you age it seems like a waste.
I'd get the degree and work on every non surgical way to enhance my appearance.

If I still felt like I wanted surgery after all that, I'd get it. I'm not against surgery.

I just don't think it's a guaranteed way to land a wealthy spouse.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I'd get the degree and work on every non surgical way to enhance my appearance.

If I still felt like I wanted surgery after all that, I'd get it. I'm not against surgery.

I just don't think it's a guaranteed way to land a wealthy spouse.
It's fifty-fifty honestly.

A majority of the women I know that snagged a wealthy spouse were attractive. But there are many attractive women that didn't snag a wealthy spouse. And there are many average looking women that have snagged wealthier men as well. Her chances are 50-50. Which means that she could waste all this money on surgery only to find she remains single or is not able to land a wealthy man anyway. Still this thread just is so sad to me I cannot imagine passing up a way to better myself simply so that I can look better for a brief period of time(as aging will still occur even with the plastic surgery).

Old 07-31-2012, 11:37 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Quote:
I'm a stay at home mom, and my so takes care of me. But I do get bored.
Here is where economics kicks in.
If you were working but lost your job,you could at least count on your spouse to take care of things while youlook for work.
When your single,its all on you.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Possibly. I dunno.

I'm 5'4". Average build. Hourglass type figure. Large chest. I know he likes bigger breasts on a woman.

I'd had 3 kids by the time he met me and he's 13 years younger than me.

We met at work. I was working on my Master's. He's into ambition and intelligence.
In the post below you say you are average yet you mention an hourglass type figure,and then you mention a larger chest?
By you mentioning a larger chest,that must have attracted your husband to you in the first place?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
It's fifty-fifty honestly.

A majority of the women I know that snagged a wealthy spouse were attractive. But there are many attractive women that didn't snag a wealthy spouse. And there are many average looking women that have snagged wealthier men as well. Her chances are 50-50. Which means that she could waste all this money on surgery only to find she remains single or is not able to land a wealthy man anyway. Still this thread just is so sad to me I cannot imagine passing up a way to better myself simply so that I can look better for a brief period of time(as aging will still occur even with the plastic surgery).
Here is the thing: I never mentioned trying to snag a wealthy spouse. I always said middle class at least.
But I have problems snagging a car mechanic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty