Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:26 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,681,619 times

Advertisements

lol my skincare routine? Turn on water in shower, get in. Wash with soap, rinse off. turn water off. dry with towel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 10:39 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
lol my skincare routine? Turn on water in shower, get in. Wash with soap, rinse off. turn water off. dry with towel.
You must have nice skin then.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
You must have nice skin then.
Sure do. no acne or anything.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:24 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Soap, water, Rite Aid moisturizer.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:32 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Sure do. no acne or anything.
You're lucky and should appreciate that. For all others, we need to attack our skin constantly with tons of chemicals and anti-everything creams.

I use a sulfur soap in the shower on my face sometimes to dry out the acne as much as possible and I wash my face at night with this facial cleansing thing that exfoliates and then further dries out the acne. After it's done it's thing, I put a moisturizing lotion on and then when I wake up I also have to put the moisturizing lotion on.

Along with countless trips to the spa to get different facial things performed because my face is so prone to acne and ugly skin problems. Half my income probably goes to my face.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
You're lucky and should appreciate that. For all others, we need to attack our skin constantly with tons of chemicals and anti-everything creams.

I use a sulfur soap in the shower on my face sometimes to dry out the acne as much as possible and I wash my face at night with this facial cleansing thing that exfoliates and then further dries out the acne. After it's done it's thing, I put a moisturizing lotion on and then when I wake up I also have to put the moisturizing lotion on.

Along with countless trips to the spa to get different facial things performed because my face is so prone to acne and ugly skin problems. Half my income probably goes to my face.
oh i do appreciate that trust me. i have an occasional zit but i have never had skin problems even when i was in school. Not once did i ever own nor did i ever use any clearasil type medicine. i get sweat pimples on my back from time to time but they go away after a couple days. just wear loose clothing.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
I spent my teens and 20s with super clear skin, and now in my 30s I get breakouts! So unfair!

Old 07-24-2012, 12:13 AM

484 posts, read 854,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
Interested in how other ladies (or gentlemen) are caring for their skin and how it's working for them.

Here's mine.

Morning:
Wash face with Johnson's baby wash
Put on MakeupArtist's Choice vitamin k eye cream
Put on Green Cream Level 9 Retinol cream.
Put on Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer
Put on Eucerin Daily Moisturizing face lotion SPF 30 on neck, chest and arms. None on face as it gives me a pale cast and my BB cream has SPF 42 anyway.

Night:
Wash face with Johnson's baby wash
(Occasionally do a honey face mask or clay mask 2-3 times a week for half an hour)
Put on MakeupArtist's Choice vitamin k eye cream
Put on Mario Badescu vitamin c serum
Put on Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer
Put on Neutrogena Anti wrinkle cream with retinol on neck, chest and arms to treat neck rings and sun damage.
Put on my humidifier on high next to my bed for the night when I'm not too lazy.

Weekly: alternate between lactic acid and mandelic acid peel

My skin used to be extremely dry, sun damaged and oil prone before despite drinking lots of water, eating mostly vegetarian, not wearing makeup to bed, the usuals. It's much more smoother, dewy and glowier looking now with the current routine despite of sun damage on my forehead. As you guys can see, I don't use a toner. Should I use one? I used to use witch hazel occasionally before due to acne issues which is nonexistent now.

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Old 07-24-2012, 12:16 AM

484 posts, read 854,395 times
AM - Wash face, eye cream, face/neck cream, bronzing powder, lipgloss, mascara.

PM - Wash face, eye cream face/neck cream, lip treatment

1x a week facial at local spa.

my profile photo confirms I am a natural beauty

Old 07-24-2012, 01:39 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
I use some off brand of facial cleanser, then some off brand of moisturizer with sunscreen when I remember to put it on.

I had HORRIBLE acne as a teenager and I think I used every sort of cleanser, toner, lotion etc. on my face along with cover up daily. When I was in my early 20s I just stopped. By my mid 20s my face completely cleared up, and while I get the occasional pimple here and there, my skin is surprisingly clear. I don't think I've used concealer or any type of powder/cover-up in at least 3 or 4 years.

I probably don't take good enough care of my skin...but I do stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen so I suppose that's alright for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty