U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Well, do you?
I'm a male - yes 10 15.15%
I'm a male - no 24 36.36%
I'm a female - yes 9 13.64%
I'm a female - no 23 34.85%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:33 AM

5,258 posts, read 7,807,675 times

Advertisements

Not really fond of them on men. Heck, the only piercing, aside from my ears, that I have done is my bellybutton, and that's the only thing on my body I would ever get done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 AM

35,828 posts, read 39,555,909 times
Depends on the person and their overall look, if they are otherwise appealing, etc. A piercing that I'm normally lukewarm about isn't going to make a guy I find otherwise attractive unattractive, to me. Likewise, in the case of a guy who is already unattractive to me, a piercing I don't especially care for isn't going to improve that.

My SO is the epitome of straight-edge and traditional in appearance...I can't even imagine him with a "harder" look. Which is not to say that I dislike a harder look...but it definitely wouldn't be "him."

Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,460,787 times
Ha, I said no even though my boyfriend has an earring and lip ring. They suit him well enough, though, and I don't even notice them anymore. He took them out for a family gathering and I didn't realize they were gone until we were back home and he was putting them back in.

He and I both agree, though, that we'll both outgrow our desire to have our piercings and will take them out eventually.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:20 PM

380 posts, read 524,178 times
I think lip piercings and stretched lobes are so gross! I have piercings myself, nose ring, three times pierced ears. I do like men with earrings...but depends on the guy I guess.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,603,265 times
I don't like the gauged ears either... Not very pleasant looking when there is nothing in them....at all.

Its strange but I don't mind some piercings on certain people, but on others, it doesn't seem fitting...

Old 07-25-2012, 01:44 PM

659 posts, read 772,854 times
Earrings on girls are ok. Anything else male or female just looks plain trashy, I like my guys to look professional and educated.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:59 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,603,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
Earrings on girls are ok. Anything else male or female just looks plain trashy, I like my guys to look professional and educated.
To each his own, I suppose. I actually have seen some men dressed rather nicely in suits with both ears pierced. Usually hoops. Not too shabby.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:28 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,861,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I'd rather my guy BE professional and educated, not just look it

I have a good friend who has a PhD in Astrophysics (among a bunch of other things) and works part time at CERN...he has full sleeves, a septum piercing and stretched earlobes

It's amazing really, being involved in 'tattoo/piercing/alternative culture' I've met SO many educated, extremely intelligent people that I've basically stopped judging on appearance whatsoever. Between that, and the fact that one of the wealthiest men I've ever met dresses like a hobo I usually try to judge people on their actions instead of how they dress/look.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 PM

2,593 posts, read 3,741,473 times
In the past I had my tongue and belly button pierced, so it's fine by me. Maybe a nose ring or an eyebrow, but never quite understood some of the strange piercings like the middle of the cheek or in between the eyes at the bridge of the nose area.

I've dated a guy who had slightly stretched earlobes, he had wanted to go a bit bigger, but never got around to it. I knew one guy who had a Prince Albert . For guys an ear piercing is fine, however I'm not one to tell anyone what to do with their body.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:40 PM

810 posts, read 1,460,910 times
I'm a HUGE fan of piercings on women (and tattoos.) Lip rings, eyebrow barbells, tongue stud, nipple barbells, I love piercings on them! And if I wasn't an athlete who would risk getting the ripped off and being employed in a white-collar position that discourages them, I would get piercings myself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or