U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 03:23 PM

5,258 posts, read 7,787,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Casual today. It's the official first day of "school" for my 4 and 2 year old.

I thought it was going to be cooler out today based on yesterday's weather, but I have a feeling I'll be changing mid-day as the temps rise.

VS tee
AG jeans
Clarks Indigo boots

I'm soooooooo in need of brown casual boots and another Bal bag other than black.
Oh wow...I have that same exact shirt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 03:46 PM

17,413 posts, read 18,272,289 times
Today's outfit...

French Connection maxi dress

Old 09-12-2012, 04:16 PM

No pic right now because my camera battery is charging. But I'm wearing:

Star crop top

Zelda Barely Boot Jeans (Express)

Nike white leather shoes

Dangly raindrop belly button ring

Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,962,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Oh wow...I have that same exact shirt!
You actually own a shirt that's not cropped?

Pics to prove it!!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,440,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
With a boring white/blue shirt and dark pants, the tie is the ONLY piece to show one's mindset, personality and sense of colour.

Women get to wear a LOT of better things. Men, mostly not, becoz it looks clownish to experiment with colour.

Today, it's butterflies.
Ooooh, I like those, too. I guess I've just seen a few too many men debate over whether they should wear the red tie with the blue diaganol stripes or the blue tie with the red horizontal stripes. Because, you know, they're so different, how could anyone possibly choose?

But dragonflies and butterflies both strike my fancy. Fun and whimsical without being costumey.

I'm still forced into scrubs every day but that's soon to change. I didn't wear this today, but I did last weekend so...that still counts.

Anthropologie dress, which I love in part because it actually comes almost to my knees unlike the usual crotch-high options I have to choose from at other stores.

And it's so much nicer when you realize it's covered in little embroidered tennis rackets. I love the belt, too, from Express, because it's adjustable.

Worn with platform wedges, which got me compliments for being unafraid to be tall. Is there some negative connotation with being tall? Because people always seem to think I'm very brave when I wear heels. There must be some sort of monster that only eats tall people...

Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times
UE, I like that dress. I love green and I love eyelet. I have a full purple skirt in a similar pattern, not tennis rackets but an embroidered teardrop shape. I can't wear necklines like that but the dress is adorable.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,673,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Ooooh, I like those, too. I guess I've just seen a few too many men debate over whether they should wear the red tie with the blue diaganol stripes or the blue tie with the red horizontal stripes. Because, you know, they're so different, how could anyone possibly choose?

But dragonflies and butterflies both strike my fancy. Fun and whimsical without being costumey.

I'm still forced into scrubs every day but that's soon to change. I didn't wear this today, but I did last weekend so...that still counts.

Anthropologie dress, which I love in part because it actually comes almost to my knees unlike the usual crotch-high options I have to choose from at other stores.

And it's so much nicer when you realize it's covered in little embroidered tennis rackets. I love the belt, too, from Express, because it's adjustable.

Worn with platform wedges, which got me compliments for being unafraid to be tall. Is there some negative connotation with being tall? Because people always seem to think I'm very brave when I wear heels. There must be some sort of monster that only eats tall people...
That is an amazing dress. Excellent choice of colour. Doesn't matter where you buy. It's all about the right fit and precision. Two thumb approval.

It's a really beautiful dress. You should look up Ted Baker dresses on eBay UK. Very colourful, very vibrant and every piece issues a fashion statement. Even their watches. Some auctions begin at 0.01 pounds and it's so ridiculous. Two women I introduced to Ted Baker dresses, they keep thanking me.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:32 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post

I think people assume tall girls should either sit all the time or slouch to be 'normal'. I always get so many comments (mostly negative) whenever I wear heels, which is often.

I just smile and tell them to blow it out their behinds

Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
OK no opp for pics, so you gotta "imagine."

Beige fit and flare dress with white polka dots. This was pretty "boring" for me, so I added a hot pink belt, hot pink cardigan and yellow pumps. It was sort of 50s with technicolor.

This was the dress:

Old 09-13-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You actually own a shirt that's not cropped?

Pics to prove it!!!!
Well...I usually knot it in the back...but yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty