U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:46 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,444,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
First off - don't lump us all in that group. I'm 40 something. I assume I look like a 40something. Although I don't know what that is anymore, I don't think there is any such thing as typical. I just want to be a healthy, fit and active 40-something. I'm not trying to compete with 20 year olds for BOYS half my age. I can still turn a head or two when I walk into a room, but I don't know if that comes from my looks or if it comes from knowing exactly who I am and being really capable and confident. I happen to know one man who finds that extremely attractive
Then congratulations, you are one of the rare exceptions I mentioned. I think you can look your age and still be beautiful (see: Meryl Streep), but it seems a lot of women think that if you look your age you have failed somehow.

Some people certainly do look younger than their age, but I think most people who think they look significantly younger than their age overestimate the ability of the general public to guess ages.

Oh, and a new lesson from the Fashion Forum!

Women with hips are manly because some men have wide hips so women with hips are at risk of being transvestites and even if most men have narrow hips they are different than women with narrow hips and don't look the same and so I'm pretty and you're not NYAH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,220,570 times
I love this thread I don't think I've ever seen as much blatant misogyny on an internet forum than here in the F&B section.

I think you forgot this gem: "Women who don't wear high heels are not feminine".

Old 08-14-2012, 05:52 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
I love this thread I don't think I've ever seen as much blatant misogyny on an internet forum than here in the F&B section.

I think you forgot this gem: "Women who don't wear high heels are not feminine".
Oh yeah! And I wear flats all the time. So I am definitely a man. No question.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:33 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,515,429 times
Women who are fat and slovenly and don't workout gossip about slim fit women and call them tramps.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:45 PM

A new one I learned today: blonde women have entitlement issues and feel superior to others because of their hair colour.

This section is so biased against white women it's hilarious. People can say pale skin is disgusting, blue eyes are cold and ugly, blondes are arrogant and lazy, white people don't age well and don't have nice smiles, etc. and if you dare to disagree YOU are labeled a racist, lol.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:47 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,798,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post

Oh really? Try the relationship forum, you're in for a treat

Old 08-16-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh really? Try the relationship forum, you're in for a treat
Yeah, the Relationship, Christianity and World forum are pretty bad too. If you want to know what your personality and appearance is like, just check out the World forum, there's a (negative) stereotype for all nationalities, lol. Italian women are bossy, Scandinavian women are shallow, American women are fat and feel entitled, Eastern European women have a chip on their shoulder, German women are boring, French women don't take care of their hygiene, etc. It's not as bad as it was now that the forum is split up into different sections but you can still find plenty of comments like that.

I wonder how these men ever find a girlfriend that meets their ridiculously high standards. Or maybe they don't and that's why they're so frustrated

Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,418,211 times
Men look 10-20 years younger than what they actually are.

Women look exactly their age.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:52 PM

3,225 posts, read 6,125,444 times
Women over the age of 35 with long hair need to cut it off! LOL that thread has been going for years.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:28 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,215,181 times
Someone hit the nail on the head with mostly everyone saying"oh,I get carded because I look 20 years younger than my age".

What I learned is the same as someone mentioned:
If you don't look younger than your age,your aren't taking care of yourself.

Or my other favorites "Women with large breasts are curvy,women with large hips are fat".
and "All men like large breasts".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty