U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 AM

22,769 posts, read 21,823,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
So, I guess I'm a part of this 5% who doesn't paint their toenails? lol
Same here. I don't like polish on toes. Actually, I find it pretty creepy, but that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 07:04 PM

11,439 posts, read 19,473,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Same here. I don't like polish on toes. Actually, I find it pretty creepy, but that's just me.
Every morning before I get out of bed I have to lift my leg straight up in the air, pull it towards me, and go from side to side and flex and stretch, and then I do the other one. Bad knees.

Silly me, when I have pretty toes it's easier to do it. This summer I've been using Essie Lapis of Luxury. Lasts two weeks, and I do it myself.

But polish on my fingernails? That's my creepy. Weirder still -- it's just on me -- I like polish on everyone else.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:03 PM

543 posts, read 940,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
So, I guess I'm a part of this 5% who doesn't paint their toenails? lol
I'm not sure if i fit into the 5% since I do paint my toenails, but I use clear polish. I just like the shine, and i don't care for color on my toes.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:40 AM

123 posts, read 218,450 times
i do paint my toe nails for a few years now and the ultimate color is red for me. i like it so my hubby. Everyone i know (women) paint their toe nails, i haven`t seen till now so many negative comments regarding painting toe nails...

Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 PM

18,720 posts, read 4,713,547 times
I use clear most of the time, but whether it's clear or a color I always use polish.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:25 PM

9,210 posts, read 18,081,791 times
I actually put nail polish on my toes much more frequently than I do on my fingers. If I do polish my finger nails, it's usually clear or neutral. Then I do actual colors on my toe nails. I don't just do it in summer/sandal weather, but in the winter when I'm really the only one who sees my feet, so I guess it's just for me.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:30 PM

3,844 posts, read 5,112,803 times
As long as I can still reach 'em, I'm gonna paint 'em!

Old 08-12-2012, 08:30 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,224,926 times
95%? I don't notice nails that much but i don't think it's that high, at least where I live.

I dunno if you're the exception but most blokes like myself don't pay that much attention to it. Seems to be something girls like to do for themselves.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:34 PM

5,945 posts, read 12,736,175 times
I prefer natural, but cared for (clean, filed, ridges buffed smooth, feet/hands moisturized, etc.) manicures and pedicures.

There are a lot of weird chemicals involved in painting toe and fingernails.

And not just the nail lacquer - also the process of removing it. And the trash created in removing it (cotton balls covered in weird chemicals/old polish/etc.)

Think about all the toes/fingers in the world and all that trash and all those chemicals... and the process and production to create the polish and nail polish remover chemicals to begin with and put them in those little bottles... overseas...are they made in factories where workers, children? are subjected to harmful chemicals? What is the human cost of this? And... shipping them over on container ships... some containers fall off into the ocean... the fuel and materials needed for shipping, packaging, displaying, advertising...

It's wasteful, and toxic. And expensive - in more ways than just financially.

And don't even get me started on the fake nails...

I think natural nails, when cared for properly, are more beautiful and make a bolder statement. The fact that the majority of women choose to paint their nails means that those who choose not to, but to care for themselves and be genuine and clean, creates a situation where you can attract positive attention by not blending in with the crowd. Also - it signifies that the woman is confidant and comfortable in her own skin. No doctoring or disguising necessary. No crutches or mind-games or tricks of the eye.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:37 PM

10,185 posts, read 16,752,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
95%? I don't notice nails that much but i don't think it's that high, at least where I live.

I dunno if you're the exception but most blokes like myself don't pay that much attention to it. Seems to be something girls like to do for themselves.
I used to think that was true -- but since I've begun getting regular pedicures I have gotten an awful lot of compliments on my feet from men. I was so shocked the first time but when I told DH about it he said "well you do have perfect feet." I really don't think so but it's nice to be appreciated.

Moral: there are a lot more foot fetish guys out there than I once thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty