U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 07:28 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,252,467 times

Advertisements

So...I know this is so against this thread but my cousin dragged me to VS today and they have a lot of nice new bras. Very feminine and simple. They have a new push-up that is filled with air, not padding or gel!

It is so light.

I tried on a 32c and it felt too small....and 34c felt too wide. I tried on a 32d and it really isn't a big cup like I imagined. It fits perfectly! These bras look so nice under the tshirt I was wearing compared to the 32c I was falling out of.

I always imagined D as a large size. But 32d is rather smallish or average looking actually
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 07:30 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,519,587 times
See now, I'm a double D and I can only wear underwire ...

Old 07-29-2012, 08:17 PM

26,871 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
So...I know this is so against this thread but my cousin dragged me to VS today and they have a lot of nice new bras. Very feminine and simple. They have a new push-up that is filled with air, not padding or gel!

It is so light.

I tried on a 32c and it felt too small....and 34c felt too wide. I tried on a 32d and it really isn't a big cup like I imagined. It fits perfectly! These bras look so nice under the tshirt I was wearing compared to the 32c I was falling out of.

I always imagined D as a large size. But 32d is rather smallish or average looking actually
Don't forget cup is dependent on band so a 32d is much smaller than a 38d

Old 07-29-2012, 09:40 PM

5,057 posts, read 7,265,560 times
I've worn many of the cheaper brands (though I never bought bras at discount stores like Target or Walmart), and I used to shop at the Leggs, Hanes, Bali outlet stores. Eventually, those bras started feeling really irritating on my skin, so I've had to change shops. I did try an independent bra store with specialized fitting, but really did not like their recommendations.
I now go to Soma which has a large variety or Norstrom's for the Wacoal bras. The Wacoal are really comfortable, and my favorite. Plus, Norstrom's provides excellent bra fitting services.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 AM

15,732 posts, read 17,286,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
As a big-breasted woman, 36DD, I cannot wear Victoria Secret bras. I think they're more for show, and fairly poor quality .... Additionally, they don't hold the girls up as well as others, such as Lilyette or Bali. I would rather pay more.
See now I've had a different experience. I have a few lilyette that I wear under my sports bra because they are useless to me. I only had them 2-3 months before they felt like they were stretched out.

I wear a 36DD in VS and while some of their styles look awful on me, there are 2 that I really like. They hold me up and look great under fitted clothing. The Showstopper full coverage is one, the other is Body by Victoria Lined Perfect Coverage. I had to try on nearly every bra in the store to find them though, and the "fitter" told me I was a 36C...ummm, no. The last time I wore a C was in 6th grade and my boobs were still developing! LOL

Old 07-30-2012, 12:26 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,511,744 times
VS makes cheap bras they offer little to no support with women who have biggger than average breast I now get my bras from Macy's

Old 07-30-2012, 01:03 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Y'all must have more dedicated department stores than I do. Every time I go into a place like Macy's the staff are all standing around chatting to one another, not paying a bit of attention to customers and certainly don't look like the kind of people I would trust to give me proper bra measurements.

Since I realized VS doesn't use a proper sizing method, the place I've been going is in the $60-75 range. What I like best is that the staff is knowledgeable and can tell you what styles and brands run big or small. Now that I know more about the different brands that carry my size, I can search online for discount prices but still go back to the same shop for the occasional staple bra.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:56 PM

26,871 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Y'all must have more dedicated department stores than I do. Every time I go into a place like Macy's the staff are all standing around chatting to one another, not paying a bit of attention to customers and certainly don't look like the kind of people I would trust to give me proper bra measurements.
I have definitely had hit or miss experiences at Macy's. I find that the most "attentive" one in my area is in a relatively afffluent suburb. For some reason, they have been super nice to me. I don't spend too much at Macy's in general. But oddly, at this store they seem to be helpful. They are clueless about measuring. But once they believed my size, then they were helpful about looking for options.

FYI, Macy's only goes up to an H. They have Wacoal and I think Bali bras that have the higher cups, but very limited selection. So I just don't go there. Not enough choice. If you are about an F it is probably OK, there was one brand I saw called I think B-tempted. It was so cute, I was really jealous they didn't have my size.

***I find the sales people at Macy's don't believe big cup/small band exists.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:20 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,025,508 times
What's a bra?

I stumbled on this thread while browsing and found it rather amusing. Bras for $200.? Who woulda thunk it!

I am large breasted and I don't wear a bra - EVER! I simple don't care what people think about my hanging girls. I was never comfortable in any bra and decided 5 years ago to rid myself of the harness that made my life miserable.
I am totally convinced that bras were designed by a man. No woman would design something so confining.

Free girls are happy girls.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:47 PM

15,732 posts, read 17,286,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
What's a bra?

I stumbled on this thread while browsing and found it rather amusing. Bras for $200.? Who woulda thunk it!

I am large breasted and I don't wear a bra - EVER! I simple don't care what people think about my hanging girls. I was never comfortable in any bra and decided 5 years ago to rid myself of the harness that made my life miserable.
I am totally convinced that bras were designed by a man. No woman would design something so confining.

Free girls are happy girls.
Wow, see and I can't have my breasts unsupported. That is very uncomfortable for me. I don't even notice I have a bra on when I have purchased one that fits well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty