Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:51 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oduval00 View Post
It's hard to believe how our nation has fallen. Never in history has a society of people let teenagers and a majority of adults tattoo their bodies up and down like some biker. Never EVER has it been done in such great propensity in western society as it has now. It it shocking. All of this used to be illegal. Tattooers used to prohibit ALL people from getting any tattoos from the neck up, any lewd tattoos, and other tats that weren't thought out. Now they have succumbed to the almighty dollar and tattoo anyone and anything somebody pays for. There are teenagers walking around with tattoos all over their damn bodies. Ending their ignorant ass lives before it even began. Tattooers nationwide should be ashamed of themselves. I blame them along with absent fathers, laidback "new generation" parents, celebrities/rappers, and marijuana.
Just when I thought homosexuity was the measure of how far our nation "had fallen", now I learn that tatooing it the real gauge of our societal depravity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 05:30 PM

64 posts, read 67,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Just when I thought homosexuity was the measure of how far our nation "had fallen", now I learn that tatooing it the real gauge of our societal depravity.
I don't have a problem with tattoos or people who have them. I have a problem with teenagers and young adults (18-23) getting their bodies tattooed up like some damn rocker when their lives have barely started. Just because the media paints things one way (that tattoos are acceptable), doesn't mean it's so. Tattoos may seem mainstream, but it still is not widely accepted as entirely normal as of yet. Just take a look online for tattoo regret people. They are mostly foolish young people who fell for the idea that they can tattoo themselves to oblivion and think society will accept them as normal and that they can find a job. These teenagers (children for heaven's sake) have barely reached adulthood and their already getting inked up all over their bodies. Making them forever unemployable. Which is the same situation for young adults out of HS as well. This decision is mindless and millions are paying for it everyday. THAT's what I have a problem with.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oduval00 View Post
I don't have a problem with tattoos or people who have them. I have a problem with teenagers and young adults (18-23) getting their bodies tattooed up like some damn rocker when their lives have barely started. Just because the media paints things one way (that tattoos are acceptable), doesn't mean it's so. Tattoos may seem mainstream, but it still is not widely accepted as entirely normal as of yet. Just take a look online for tattoo regret people. They are mostly foolish young people who fell for the idea that they can tattoo themselves to oblivion and think society will accept them as normal and that they can find a job. These teenagers (children for heaven's sake) have barely reached adulthood and their already getting inked up all over their bodies. Making them forever unemployable. Which is the same situation for young adults out of HS as well. This decision is mindless and millions are paying for it everyday. THAT's what I have a problem with.
I posted a link in another thread that said 11% of people regret their tattoos. Not bad, really.

And why do people have to single out 'rockers' and 'bikers'? I've played in my share of bands and I'm a pilot with an Aerospace Engineering degree. I grew up in the 'biker' world and they're some of the nicest, most family oriented people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. In fact, divorce is rare in my parents group of friends and most of them are 'bikers', my own parents have been together 30 years and *gasp* they're tattooed!

Besides, at 18 you are an adult. You can volunteer to die for your country. And yet, you want to treat them like children? I agree that most 18 year olds probably don't have the cognitive ability to make a decision to get a tattoo, but I received my first one at 18 and I still love it 10 years later. Not all 18 year olds are bumbling idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty