U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 10:11 AM

484 posts, read 693,312 times

Advertisements

I get almost every major fashion and beauty magazine sent free to me. I don't have to leisure to read them all. As per the American issues I always take the time to view Vogue, Allure, In Style. i use them more as catalogs to see what is being sold in the states and most of the pages are adverts anyways. Now European Mags, they have better and more editorial layouts, I view them as fashion art.

PS. sadly American fashion magazines no longer put models on the covers they use celebs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 02:00 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,987,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
I get almost every major fashion and beauty magazine sent free to me. I don't have to leisure to read them all. As per the American issues I always take the time to view Vogue, Allure, In Style. i use them more as catalogs to see what is being sold in the states and most of the pages are adverts anyways. Now European Mags, they have better and more editorial layouts, I view them as fashion art.

PS. sadly American fashion magazines no longer put models on the covers they use celebs.

Drives me nuts! I miss the models.

I get them all. I feel like they're not what they used to be or maybe I'm just getting old. I'm finding I would rather browse blogs or Pinterest for fashion inspiration and ideas.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:51 PM

26,897 posts, read 28,224,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Drives me nuts! I miss the models.

I get them all. I feel like they're not what they used to be or maybe I'm just getting old. I'm finding I would rather browse blogs or Pinterest for fashion inspiration and ideas.
I miss the models of the 90s. Not so impressed anymore.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:06 PM

948 posts, read 1,373,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post

I miss them too.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:48 PM

2,482 posts, read 2,615,362 times
Do you ladies consider Cosmopolitan a fashion magazine?

Old 08-01-2012, 04:26 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,453,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Kind of. It's more of a women's (er, teen's) lifestyle magazine, and that lifestyle happens to include some fashion. But a lot of fashion magazines are like that, most include at least some lifestyle type stories, such as articles about exercise, relationships, recipes, real women, and celebrities.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Its a lifestyle mag that covers several topics fashion /beauty is one of them.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:50 PM

701 posts, read 1,210,905 times
Quote:
It's more lifestyle than fashion, imo. If I ever needed to know 250 ways to please my man, I know which magazine to pick up.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM

3,880 posts, read 4,585,979 times
I'm already waiting for September Vogue. That one is my go-to for the year because you can glean the silhouettes and major fashion directions for the year to come -- shape of handbags, particular colors to hunt for, waistlines, hemlines, etc.

I also pick up Allure several times a year because they do very good round-ups of make-ups, creams, lotions and potions, and reviews of the efficacy and results of more intensive treatments like dr office peels, fillers, botox type things.

Otherwise, I just glance thru while I'm getting a pedicure or waiting at a doc's office.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:30 PM

I like In Style Sept issue much better than Vogue Sept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty