Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 11:15 AM

44 posts, read 209,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The mods should close this thread btw.
Its too inflammatory.
We don't need these type of threads here. That's for the P and C forum
So talking about how beautiful black women are compared to other ethnic groups is considered inflammatory? Your mentality and many people who think like you is the reason why race is still an issue in America. No wonder why some countries think we are a nation of cowards. Most of you cant handle the truth and are afraid to tackle an controversial issue. Eric Holder was right...

Old 08-05-2012, 11:54 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,885,653 times
It is hard for me to say which group is the most beautiful naturally without being bias. I think black women certainly age the best by far, as do black men. They barely age compared to the rest of us, so lucky!

Old 08-05-2012, 12:59 PM

659 posts, read 1,011,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
After watching the Olympics for the past week, there is no doubt in my mind that African American women are women who hold the most natural beauty. This is just an opinion and we can all agree to disagree, but a minority group that is historically brought down by people in media outlets and disenfranchised in America, female athletes that I have seen like a Gabby Douglas, Serena Williams, and many of the female track athletes show that they have it going. Like her or not, but Serena Williams looks way better than the majority of white women who are 30. Heck, I think she looks younger now compared to how she appeared when she was 18 and she still stays true to herself. A great example of a women who has not allowed American media to influence the way she acts. That beautiful face and smile of Gabby Douglas will pretty much stay the same after a couple of decades or even more, without the use of makeup or plastic surgery...if she continues to train, be happy, and keep herself in shape. Same goes along with many of the black female track athletes I see.

I guess what I am trying to say is that many black women age gracefully and our smile is natural and it resonates. Unfortunately many black women are generalized as being loud and obnoxious, overweight, and lazy. I blame society for this, because the female AA athletes you see in these Olympics are not the exception....they are really the rule. If most AA women are given the means to succeed and take pride in keeping themselves in shape and schoolwork, I am telling you they are probably the most beautiful women in the world. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Black women do tend to get very fat or at least have a build that's muscular, I also find black women to be loud and rude and that's a not the media this is what I experience when I go shopping or just on the street. I have been walking along minding my own business and most give me an attitude that I need to move aside which I am more than willing to vs nudging aside their 50 pounds breasts swinging at me and I that bug eyed look I get if I don't move. I don't find any of that beautiful at all.

That doesn't apply to all black females of course, one are very beautiful, same with white, Asian etc...

Brains and class = beauty IMHO is what it boils down to.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,110,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
Black women do tend to get very fat or at least have a build that's muscular, I also find black women to be loud and rude and that's a not the media this is what I experience when I go shopping or just on the street. I have been walking along minding my own business and most give me an attitude that I need to move aside which I am more than willing to vs nudging aside their 50 pounds breasts swinging at me and I that bug eyed look I get if I don't move. I don't find any of that beautiful at all.

That doesn't apply to all black females of course, one are very beautiful, same with white, Asian etc...

Brains and class = beauty IMHO is what it boils down to.
(You sound very jealous, Ming Ming)
Nothing wrong with being loud. As someone who has a very softspoken voice that sometimes people have a hard time hearing, I envy those who have a loud voice that can be heard from across the room.

Online people criticize black women for being loud and sassy however I notice in real life its quite the contrary. The ones who are sassy make everyone laugh

Quote:
Asians have you all beat hands down.
Disagree. Asians age okay but you still have lighter skin thus making it easier to see aging.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
Celebrities are not good representatives of natural beauty. Many of them have had plastic surgeries or other modifications to their body and face.

Also, to truely embrace being natural, we would adore every feature in that state, whether they are blemishes, wrinkles, "irregular" shapes, etc. or not. In this respect, how does one decide which natural person is more stunning than the other?

If one cherry picks some modern day established standards as the criteria, that's called beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Gabby Douglass has not had any plastic surgery. Neither has Serena Williams.

Quote:
The mods should close this thread btw.
Its too inflammatory.
We don't need these type of threads here. That's for the P and C forum
I have to disagree. There have been threads stating "European Women are the Hottest On Earth" and no one finds them to be inflammatory nor suggest they should be shut down. I think this thread should stay open. I just wish it wouldn't be littered with "black women get fat" "black women have attitude" from jealous and racist posters

Old 08-05-2012, 04:17 PM

48,408 posts, read 34,571,508 times
I can't see myself ever posting "my race has more natural beauty than the other races."

But because you brought it up, I'll vote for Asians have the most natural beauty and aging extremely well.

(I am neither white, nor asian, nor black)

Old 08-05-2012, 04:48 PM

2,885 posts, read 5,228,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
So talking about how beautiful black women are compared to other ethnic groups is considered inflammatory? Your mentality and many people who think like you is the reason why race is still an issue in America. No wonder why some countries think we are a nation of cowards. Most of you cant handle the truth and are afraid to tackle an controversial issue. Eric Holder was right...
Of course it's inflammatory to say one race is more naturally beautiful than all the other races. I wonder how you would respond if a white person started a thread saying "white people are just much more beautiful than black people, white people have nicer smiles, and all the bad stereotypes of white people (like the claim that we don't age well) come from prejudiced black people". I'm sure you'd have no problems with that whatsoever, right?

There's no "truth" about what you're saying, it's just your own personal preference. There are plenty of Asians or caucasians who think their race is the most beautiful (but of course you'd dismiss that as racism). I've met plenty of dark-skinned people who weren't blessed with a beautiful smile or didn't age gracefully. But if you want to feel superior to others based on something as silly as the amount of melanin in your skin, go ahead. Isn't that the very definition of racism by the way?

And no, this isn't the same as talking about specific nationalities. You made it clear that you are talking about black people from all over the world so it's purely a race issue for you.

Last edited by LindavG; 08-05-2012 at 04:59 PM..

Old 08-05-2012, 04:56 PM

2,885 posts, read 5,228,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
(You sound very jealous, Ming Ming)
Nothing wrong with being loud. As someone who has a very softspoken voice that sometimes people have a hard time hearing, I envy those who have a loud voice that can be heard from across the room.

Online people criticize black women for being loud and sassy however I notice in real life its quite the contrary. The ones who are sassy make everyone laugh
So it's fine to make positive generalisations about black people but as soon as someone says something negative, you automatically assume they're just jealous and racist? Quite a double standard there.

Quote:
Disagree. Asians age okay but you still have lighter skin thus making it easier to see aging.
What is so horrible about aging?

Old 08-05-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Of course it's inflammatory to say one race is more naturally beautiful than all the other races. I wonder how you would respond if a white person started a thread saying "white people are just much more beautiful than black people, white people have nicer smiles, and all the bad stereotypes of white people (like the claim that we don't age well) come from prejudiced black people". I'm sure you'd have no problems with that whatsoever, right?

There's no "truth" about what you're saying, it's just your own personal preference. There are plenty of Asians or caucasians who think their race is the most beautiful (but of course you'd dismiss that as racism). I've met plenty of dark-skinned people who weren't blessed with a beautiful smile or didn't age gracefully. But if you want to feel superior to others based on something as silly as the amount of melanin in your skin, go ahead. Isn't that the very definition of racism by the way?

And no, this isn't the same as talking about specific nationalities. You made it clear that you are talking about black people from all over the world so it's purely a race issue for you.
You are being jealous. There are so many threads on here celebrating the beauty of European women all the time. I've read plenty of comments from men saying Italian women are the most beautiful or even that white women in general are more attractive than other races. Let black women get some shine for a chance

Old 08-05-2012, 05:50 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,274,583 times
I actually also think this is a racist thread that will more than likely not end well. As an almost forty year old white woman, I believe all women are beautiful. I believe there are beautiful woman of all nationalities and race. If I had to choose one, I would have to lean towards the Indian woman.

My smile is just as lovely as any black womans smile and I am also aging well. This has much to do with how we take care of ourselves. This has to do with whether or not we smoke, or put poisons in our body, or spend too much time in the sun.

I must say, I have seen many much older African American women who look much younger than they are. I have seen the same in all other people. being in the medical field and having women come to me, and having their age readily available in front of me, many times I am surprised, and I will tell them as much. Again, all nationalities or races.

I have also seen women who are 80 years old or so, with their wrinkles and grey hair. They have years behind them and have raised their families. They have lost many family members yet they are still here. I look at them and I think that they are just beautiful.

OP is making a broad generalization that black women are just better looking than white women. Well, I have seen some ugly ass black women. But, I've also seen some ugly ass white women as well. LMAO.

My grandma had a nurse. She was a black lady, about 60 years old. Let me tell you right now, she was not pretty to look at. On top of that, she smoked, talked fast, and at times...I am just gonna come out with it....acted ghetto.

So, I got to spending some time with Jessie. She took pretty good care of my grandmother, but many times did not show up for work. Her daughter kept taking off with her car. She couldn't drive but owned a car so that her daughter could drive her.

Sometimes I would go get her, sometimes my mother would, sometimes her daughter would bring her. She became more of a friend to my mother and grandmother than a caregiver but no one ever really said anything. I became my grandmothers as well as my mothers primary care giver. My grandmother ended up having to go into a nursing home after a stay in the hospital and Jessie stopped coming out.

I don't know how much longer it was that my mother passed away, maybe a half a year but Jessie was the first person to come out and help with every thing. She was a beautiful person.

I do take offense to many of the black women who come here jumping on the we are better than you bandwagon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.