U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 AM

46 posts, read 137,536 times

Advertisements

After watching the Olympics for the past week, there is no doubt in my mind that African American women are women who hold the most natural beauty. This is just an opinion and we can all agree to disagree, but a minority group that is historically brought down by people in media outlets and disenfranchised in America, female athletes that I have seen like a Gabby Douglas, Serena Williams, and many of the female track athletes show that they have it going. Like her or not, but Serena Williams looks way better than the majority of white women who are 30. Heck, I think she looks younger now compared to how she appeared when she was 18 and she still stays true to herself. A great example of a women who has not allowed American media to influence the way she acts. That beautiful face and smile of Gabby Douglas will pretty much stay the same after a couple of decades or even more, without the use of makeup or plastic surgery...if she continues to train, be happy, and keep herself in shape. Same goes along with many of the black female track athletes I see.

I guess what I am trying to say is that many black women age gracefully and our smile is natural and it resonates. Unfortunately many black women are generalized as being loud and obnoxious, overweight, and lazy. I blame society for this, because the female AA athletes you see in these Olympics are not the exception....they are really the rule. If most AA women are given the means to succeed and take pride in keeping themselves in shape and schoolwork, I am telling you they are probably the most beautiful women in the world. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:51 AM

309 posts, read 407,998 times
Celebrities are not good representatives of natural beauty. Many of them have had plastic surgeries or other modifications to their body and face.

Also, to truely embrace being natural, we would adore every feature in that state, whether they are blemishes, wrinkles, "irregular" shapes, etc. or not. In this respect, how does one decide which natural person is more stunning than the other?

If one cherry picks some modern day established standards as the criteria, that's called beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Last edited by Waterlily Pad; 08-05-2012 at 10:05 AM..

Old 08-05-2012, 10:33 AM

3,404 posts, read 7,254,275 times
African American women? What about just plain African women?

Old 08-05-2012, 10:49 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,443,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Oh didn't you know? All dark skinned women are exactly the same. They look the same, they age the same, they have the same smile and any negative traits associated with black women are the result of the white media trying to keep them down.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:56 AM

659 posts, read 768,877 times
Asians have you all beat hands down.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:01 AM

3,404 posts, read 7,254,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Oh didn't you know? All dark skinned women are exactly the same. They look the same, they age the same, they have the same smile and any negative traits associated with black women are the result of the white media trying to keep them down.

That's not what I was getting at...but thanks for projecting your thoughts onto me.

Why just African American women? There are women of African decent all over the world, what makes African American women superior?

Old 08-05-2012, 11:04 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,443,013 times
Quote:
That's not what I was getting at...but thanks for projecting your thoughts onto me.

Why just African American women? There are women of African decent all over the world, what makes African American women superior?
Jeez, someone's pear has gone sour.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:06 AM

46 posts, read 137,536 times
Quote:
You are right, I was implying that black women all around the world have more natural beauty than white women.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,212,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
Celebrities are not good representatives of natural beauty. Many of them have had plastic surgeries or other modifications to their body and face.

Also, to truely embrace being natural, we would adore every feature in that state, whether they are blemishes, wrinkles, "irregular" shapes, etc. or not. In this respect, how does one decide which natural person is more stunning than the other?

If one cherry picks some modern day established standards as the criteria, that's called beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Yes! Yes!
One of the reasons why I hate when people use celebs as" the perfect face" or the perfect shape.
As if having dark circles or wrinkles means someone didn't take care of themselves.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:10 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,212,024 times
The mods should close this thread btw.
Its too inflammatory.
We don't need these type of threads here. That's for the P and C forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty