Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:46 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,937,717 times

Advertisements

I LOVE Lush products! I used to purchase this stuff in bulk years ago. Not sure why I stopped. But the other day, I was in my local Macy's and they have a Lush section so I bought. They have the absolute best bath bombs-ever. I'm really big on soaks and bubble baths so this is definitely a treat. I was excited to see that they had new items out. Anyone else a fan?

In case you're not familiar with Lush.... LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

People of youtube love it, too LOL:

Lush Big Blue Demo - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 02:25 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,367,314 times
Think Lush is from my ex's hometown, down near south hampton. Big in Europe, dunno about America.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:55 PM

221 posts, read 282,808 times
I've bought Lush since 2003, though price increases over the past couple years have made it a bit too spendy for me. I still buy their Ultrabalm and Fair Trade foot lotion.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:40 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
I think it is a little expensive and they do a lot of green washing.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:35 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Let's see, I like the Alkmaar soap (light jasmine and honeysuckle scent), and they usually have one at Christmastime called Snowcake; creamy, "almondy," and lightly sweet. I recently received a sample piece of Demon in the Dark. Has a nice light minty scent.

I like their Silky Underwear jasmine-scented dusting powder.

I just recently bought the Smitten hand cream. I like it a lot. Very moisturizing, not greasy, and has a light almond scent. Expensive, though!

I also like their Orange Blossom solid perfume that I bought recently.

I bought their natural henna before, but I never got around to using it.

I like that they use natural ingredients, but you do have to pay for it. I do feel very pampered whenever I use their products. There are lots of other products of theirs that I want to try.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:48 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,972,288 times
Big fan of their moisturizer. Not a fan of the fact they use SLS in many of their soaps, but I just read the label before buying anything. Pricing is on par with what I would pay for similar quality.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:05 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times
You all should not buy bath salts.

They have some very negative side effects.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:47 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,158,204 times
There is one in Paramus, NJ, but it's too expensive for my budget. lol!

Old 06-24-2012, 06:59 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,043 times
I've ordered from them a few times so, yes, I'm a fan. I'm not so big on bubble baths so I can't comment on that.

Some of my favourite LUSH products are...

Rock Star and Godmother soaps. I just love the smell (they're VERY sweet but I don't care).
Rub Rub Rub: admittedly not the most effective scrub out there, but it's more than good enough for me and it's a nice shower gel as well.
American Cream, I use it both as a hair conditioner and after the shower (a very small quantity to fix some strands of hair).
Vanishing Cream, a great moisturizer that works wonders on my skin.
Vanillary. The solid perfumes aren't so great IMO but I keep this one handy to fly anywhere.

Tried and wouldn't use again...

Sugar Scrub. It was so messy to use that I soon gave up. Amazing scrub, though. Which is why now, once ina while, I make my own sugar scrubs lol
Lust (solid perfume). The smell was too strong and, although not unpleasant, I didn't care much for it.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:15 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Lust (solid perfume). The smell was too strong and, although not unpleasant, I didn't care much for it.
I just bought the Lust soap. You're right, it's sooo strong-smelling! Reviewers raved over it, so I tried it, but never again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty