U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:32 PM

23,618 posts, read 31,198,912 times

Advertisements

I was happy to see them open up here in Dallas but I don't shop there anymore; the stores are disorganized and messy, the staff are rude and snotty, you have to wait forever for a dressing room, you have to wait forever again to pay for your purchases, and the stores' ambiance is terrible...full of whining, doughy-legged teenagers in ridiculously short shorts and Uggs sighing loudly at their mothers while they text furiously, or full of very rambunctious young children of blue collar women who ignore their kids terrorizing the whole store as they carefully and wearily scrutinize every item on the clearance rack, then put it back in the wrong place. Old Navy is the same way, but there's more of them so at least the intensity of the annoyingness isn't as bad as it is in a joint like H&M.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,498,647 times
once its gone its gone like f21

Old 08-06-2012, 06:02 PM

659 posts, read 770,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I was happy to see them open up here in Dallas but I don't shop there anymore; the stores are disorganized and messy, the staff are rude and snotty, you have to wait forever for a dressing room, you have to wait forever again to pay for your purchases, and the stores' ambiance is terrible...full of whining, doughy-legged teenagers in ridiculously short shorts and Uggs sighing loudly at their mothers while they text furiously, or full of very rambunctious young children of blue collar women who ignore their kids terrorizing the whole store as they carefully and wearily scrutinize every item on the clearance rack, then put it back in the wrong place. Old Navy is the same way, but there's more of them so at least the intensity of the annoyingness isn't as bad as it is in a joint like H&M.

lol, well said.

I think it's a great store for teens and I don't mind it too much because you can leave with 2 shopping bags stuffed with clothes for $200.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 PM

26,894 posts, read 28,195,837 times
Sizing us pretty inconsistent there. Sometimes my size is too small or too big. You never know.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 AM

3,404 posts, read 7,263,219 times
I don't like H&M. The quality is lacking and even if it's cotton it still fits poorly or looks cheap. I prefer F21 over this place...maybe it's the ambiance. LOL @ Bigdgeek's response, thats how I feel about F21. For European style clothing I love Zara! It's a little more expensive, but it will last forever and fit better.

And Express is much better in terms of quality and style than H&M.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:53 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,449,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I don't like H&M. The quality is lacking and even if it's cotton it still fits poorly or looks cheap. I prefer F21 over this place...maybe it's the ambiance. LOL @ Bigdgeek's response, thats how I feel about F21. For European style clothing I love Zara! It's a little more expensive, but it will last forever and fit better.

And Express is much better in terms of quality and style than H&M.
Express is like the Kardashian reject closet. Everything in there is super short, super tight, and shiny. You may be able to find a decent piece here and there, but just try to put together an Express outfit that doesn't use glitter thread.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:55 AM

3,404 posts, read 7,263,219 times
I agree that everything is really short and tiny.

I was trying to find a casual pencil skirt that was around knee length for class and errands and I had no luck.

They didn't have any skirts that were longer than ass length. What I like from Express is the jeans and the color selection, especially with basics like camis.

I'm also quite petite so it works for me.

I did end up buying two glittery thread sweaters last time I was there. I never liked them, but they reminded me of a sweater set my mother used to wear that was more expensive and I always loved on her. So, I had to buy them. I'm not sure when they will be appropriate, but I think they will be nice for layering in the fall since they have a contrasting fabric and look to most of my other pieces.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 AM

3,161 posts, read 7,892,869 times
As others mentioned, avoid it on the weekends and your experience will be infinitely better. Also, every item is limited stock, when it's gone, that's it. They generally sell low quality, trendy clothes. As long as you aren't expecting to buy classic staples for your wardrobe to be enjoyed for years to come, it is good for what it is- a place to pick up the latest trend in shirts, dresses, pants, etc. and paying very little for it. Don't expect any item to last more than one season. I buy quality classic foundation pieces (NOT from H&M!) for my wardrobe- pants, skirts, etc. Then I add in some cheaper/trendy things to keep it modern. H&M fills that niche nicely (as does Zara and the like).

Their dresses and skirts tend to be very short, so this isn't a place I buy too many work clothes. Also, the sizing is crazy. I am a size 6 or 8 (US) and generally a Medium top. At H&M, I can be a size 6, 8, 10 or S, M, or L, all depending on the item. Take a good look at the item and ALWAYS try it on!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 AM

659 posts, read 770,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Express is like the Kardashian reject closet. Everything in there is super short, super tight, and shiny. You may be able to find a decent piece here and there, but just try to put together an Express outfit that doesn't use glitter thread.
I shopped at Express when I was a teen, now I don't even walk into that store. lol

Old 08-07-2012, 08:21 AM

308 posts, read 731,018 times
Everyone over 25 should be embarassed to even walk into an Express, needless to say, shop there.
H&M is in the same category, I am afraid...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty