Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:33 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,937,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrOrange View Post
Everyone over 25 should be embarassed to even walk into an Express, needless to say, shop there.
H&M is in the same category, I am afraid...
Not at all. I shop at a variety of stores and I'm always amazed at the bargains I find at those places you've mentioned. I have no problem saying that I'd rather put my $$ in my IRA than hand it over to a cashier. I've been posting about bargains for years. I've been able to find clothes that look great and will last without spending a fortune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 07:40 AM

308 posts, read 896,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Not at all. I shop at a variety of stores and I'm always amazed at the bargains I find at those places you've mentioned. I have no problem saying that I'd rather put my $$ in my IRA than hand it over to a cashier. I've been posting about bargains for years. I've been able to find clothes that look great and will last without spending a fortune.
you missed the point. I am concerned about the style and quality of materials. you can also get very good deals on much better clothes, especially in outlets.

"look great and will last" is a very relative term. compared to what, Old Navy and American Eagle ?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 AM

863 posts, read 2,991,862 times
Quote:
also get very good deals on much better clothes, especially in outlets.

?
You did know that most outlet stores carry clothes manufactured for the "outlet" right. Generally good, but not quite the same fabric or tailoring. Banana, Tommy H, Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor, The Gap, are a few. Sometimes on the clearance racks they have markdown pieces a season or more later that come from the original "mall" store. That said I still love Eddie Bauer outlet.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 AM

484 posts, read 854,454 times
Quote:
you missed the point. I am concerned about the style and quality of materials. you can also get very good deals on much better clothes, especially in outlets.

"look great and will last" is a very relative term. compared to what, Old Navy and American Eagle ?

Outlet stores sell a lot of worthless over priced junk. Most of the items are either factory or shop rejects or poorly made merch that is solely made for the outlet that is similar but not the same items.

Kiplinger.com

Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I walked through there and didn't see anything I liked. It was a weekend and crazy as ever. I was looking forward to supporting the woman who won the tv clothing show (cant think of name) but her stuff in the store was horrible. Maybe I need to do another trip there today..

Old 08-07-2012, 01:40 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,220 times
^^ Last time I walked in there, I didn't see a thing I liked (then again, I'm not a fan of the current trends). What I find is that I'll love a lot of things on the website, but as soon as I step into the store I can't find a thing because now I'm overwhelmed. Same thing happens to me when I walk into Zara every time.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:03 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
^^ Last time I walked in there, I didn't see a thing I liked (then again, I'm not a fan of the current trends). What I find is that I'll love a lot of things on the website, but as soon as I step into the store I can't find a thing because now I'm overwhelmed. Same thing happens to me when I walk into Zara every time.
Zara I more hit or miss for me than h&m. Also Zara is a little limited on the double digit sizes where I live. The good news is, they have great labeling do you can eliminate option right off the bat.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:46 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
I still stand by Express. Most people shopping in their aren't teenagers, it's usually women in their 20's. H&M is the one swarming with teens, well it's swarming with everyone . I know I'm not the only one who still likes Express, because most of my friends love Express and we are all in our 20's.

They have great deals once you sign up for their Next program. What I like about Express is that you can achieve the Bebe, guess, or Marciano look there without spending as much. Yes, there are sequined shirts but hey, some people make it work.

Abercrombie and Fitch seems like it's for teenagers but I love it. Their t-shirts last forever and are form-fitting and cotton which is great for a smaller sized woman. I wish they didn't put that giant horrid moose on everything because I would buy so much more stuff from there.

Abercrombie minus the moose stuff and logo shirts is like a more body-conscious J crew. Great cable sweaters that will last forever if you take care of them.

I could never be embarrassed shopping in any store for clothes. Heck, if Walmart had stuff that fit well I would shop there too! It's all about confidence and how you carry yourself.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:54 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Have you tried things on at H&M, or are you just looking at the racks? I've often found that you have to go a size or two up with their clothes, so they may actually have your size, it's just not what you think it is.
I agree. H&M clothes are cut very small. I have to buy larger sizes there, but I recently bought some really cute summer dresses and rompers, so it was worth it!

Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post

I could never be embarrassed shopping in any store for clothes. Heck, if Walmart had stuff that fit well I would shop there too! It's all about confidence and how you carry yourself.
Here here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty