U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:32 AM

31,164 posts, read 57,288,199 times

Advertisements

Don't worry ... It'll pop right back out to the front of the eyeball again. It just might take an hour or so ...

Once one of mine traveled to the back of my eyeball while I was at work. I thought it had fallen out of my eye, and I had the entire office looking for it. After about a half an hour of searching, I gave up, called my eye doctor's office, and ordered a new lens. Sure enough, after about another hour and after I'd relaxed for awhile -- presto! I felt something moving around in my eye, and there it was. After a little wrangling, it slid right back onto my cornea where it belonged. The receptionist at the eye doctor's office got a kick out of it when I called to cancel the order.

I think I'm gonna get me one of those little suction cups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 08:14 PM

1,889 posts, read 6,985,925 times
I balance mine on the tip of my finger then I pop it right in (no pulling, or tugging of my lids). It takes a while to find a technique that works for you but it'll happen. I've been wearing lenses for about 10 years (since i was a teenager). I realized after a while you really have to be careful with your lids because all that tugging will probably lead to wrinkles or bags under your eyes. Hasnt been proven but I would think so....

Old 10-19-2007, 03:38 AM

5 posts, read 45,228 times
well i get used to use my glasses and never dare to put a finger in my eyes ............but am trying to have the courage
-----------------------------------------
Contact Lenses

Old 10-19-2007, 07:01 AM

3,402 posts, read 11,980,929 times
I don't wear glasses or contacts... so forgive me if this is a little off-topic. Hopefully I won't ever need glasses ? But being the only biological family member that doesn't need them up until now, I fear I may be living on borrowed time.

My question is more directed to anyone that may have tried (or been thinking about trying) the contact lenses they have out, with no prescription necessary, strictly for cosmetic appearance? You can virtually change the color of your eyes to fit your fancy... sky blue, violet, hazel with gold highlights, bright green... I think even with reading the how-to in this thread for applying contacts, I would be too scared still to poke myself in the eye! ..but it's a thought that I can't get out of my mind.

anyone?

Old 10-19-2007, 08:12 AM

25,573 posts, read 23,766,561 times
Yep, I wear 'em. Somehow, theyre so much cheaper than glasses ($30.00 a set) though wouldnt mind wearing them from time to time, give these ol' eyes a break!

Old 10-19-2007, 02:37 PM

1,889 posts, read 6,985,925 times
Eventually, you'll lose the 'blink reflex' (when putting your finger near the eye area) after you do it often enough.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:02 PM

468 posts, read 1,491,613 times
I wore RGP's (Rigid Gas Permeables) for around four years and finally, had enough of them. Whenever I would get stuff stuck in my eye (like dust), I was literally blinded and it was painful...so I went the way of soft lenses. Best decision ever!

I guess Lasik is next, but we'll see...

Old 10-19-2007, 06:02 PM

34,531 posts, read 42,708,506 times
Fiddlekitten, just make sure you get them from a opthalmologist and not just some store. I've heard they may not be sterile and you can get eye infections.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:46 PM

305 posts, read 717,614 times
practice makes perfect just keep wearing them and u will never want to wear glasses again..

Old 10-24-2007, 08:19 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,533,607 times
I wear the gas perm lens and thought I was going to have to give them up, my eyes were burning really bad, my doctor thought it was the solution I was using, Walmart brand, so I switched to Optimum by Lobob and they feel great again, you can get it at CVS, of course it cost twice as much, but it's great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty