Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,897,990 times

Advertisements

What can one do for acne marks? on my temples there are 4 little red marks where pimples used to be. They have been there forever and nothing seems to work. There are no pits or indentations or bumps the skin is even, it just has a red mark like a dot or something.

what to do? so far a million different products and no results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 11:06 PM

309 posts, read 515,737 times
Are you trying to make them fade faster? It'd be best to leave them alone, the more you rub, touch, poke, or in any way continue to irritate the area, the discoloration will not only persist, but may get even worse.

It takes several months to a year for the deep discoloration to subside. In the mean time, look up online for the typical photosensitve food and reduce intake if you happen to eat too much of those. And after washing face, apply the facial lotion with SPF 15, then immediately use your fingertip to lightly dab on a tiny bit of liquid foundation to hide the redness.

There, you are still beautiful.

Last edited by Waterlily Pad; 08-07-2012 at 11:15 PM..

Old 08-08-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
Are you trying to make them fade faster? It'd be best to leave them alone, the more you rub, touch, poke, or in any way continue to irritate the area, the discoloration will not only persist, but may get even worse.

It takes several months to a year for the deep discoloration to subside. In the mean time, look up online for the typical photosensitve food and reduce intake if you happen to eat too much of those. And after washing face, apply the facial lotion with SPF 15, then immediately use your fingertip to lightly dab on a tiny bit of liquid foundation to hide the redness.

There, you are still beautiful.

Im a straight guy but thanks ! what's a good product do you think?

Old 08-08-2012, 02:10 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,220 times
You can try mederma or vitamin E oil and definitely use sunscreen - that will minimize them but not make them disappear completely. You can see a dermatologist and ask for a mild chemical peel. It will take several treatments but they do work. I use them to help control breakouts since the retinols are too harsh for my sensitive skin. My dermatologist uses Refinity which does wonders and can be used on very sensitive skin.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:12 AM

309 posts, read 515,737 times
Swan Dive,

As a minimalist, I use olay all day complete uv moisturizer. You can choose the no-fragrance kind.

Liquid foundation, mabelline or nutragena from any drugstore. Select a shade close to your facial color, lightly tap around the redness area until it blends into the surrounding skin color. Redo the step if redness still shows.

By the way, I only wash face with cold water and a wash cloth. No products used. To me, it's the easiest way to maintain natural oil level and ph balance of the skin.

Also, to prevent further breakouts, eat lots of dark leafy greens like the kind you get at the dim sum place. That cleanse the internal system well to avoid toxin build up in body which is the cause of acne.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
Swan Dive,

As a minimalist, I use olay all day complete uv moisturizer. You can choose the no-fragrance kind.

Liquid foundation, mabelline or nutragena from any drugstore. Select a shade close to your facial color, lightly tap around the redness area until it blends into the surrounding skin color. Redo the step if redness still shows.

By the way, I only wash face with cold water and a wash cloth. No products used. To me, it's the easiest way to maintain natural oil level and ph balance of the skin.

Also, to prevent further breakouts, eat lots of dark leafy greens like the kind you get at the dim sum place. That cleanse the internal system well to avoid toxin build up in body which is the cause of acne.
Thanks but This isn't acne, these are acne marks, the pimple is got but a red mark remains like a spot. Im not to sure what to do about it, that's my question to all city data people maybe someone will know something. I google around and still not sure what to do or what really works. Im looking for someone that has experienced what I've got and knows how to cure it.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:44 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
Thanks but This isn't acne, these are acne marks, the pimple is got but a red mark remains like a spot. Im not to sure what to do about it, that's my question to all city data people maybe someone will know something. I google around and still not sure what to do or what really works. Im looking for someone that has experienced what I've got and knows how to cure it.

I have experienced this and they will fade with time.The only ones you need to worry about are "ice pick" scars.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:46 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
Swan Dive - A couple of mild chemical peels will do the trick. Your dermatologist can do it for you.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
I have experienced this and they will fade with time.The only ones you need to worry about are "ice pick" scars.
what's an ice pick scar and how long did it take for them to fade? it has been maybe a year since I have hd them?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
Swan Dive - A couple of mild chemical peels will do the trick. Your dermatologist can do it for you.
I may do that but is there anything over the counter that will work to try in the mean time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty