U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 PM

979 posts, read 3,486,552 times

Advertisements

I would like to get everyone's opinions on eye and face creams that work the best and show most improvement. Also if you would like to include any body creams, feel free! I'm a woman about to turn 28 this sunday and noticing little lines here and there and am just wondering what everyone uses. You can never rely on the magazines, so.... let's see what ya got! My mother has worked for cosmetic lines ever since I was young so I've tried a lot of diff things. One opinion I do have to start this thread off is that I do believe in face serums. I use Reviv serum and I love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 07:47 PM

5,802 posts, read 15,486,946 times
Oh hon, you're 28. You can't have that many wrinkles!
I don't think anything works, except to take the wrinkles out of the stores' and manufacturers' wallets!
One day, you, too, will sag.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:33 PM

329 posts, read 1,312,497 times
I have had some success with keeping wrinkles at bay by using kinetin products, a compound from plants. Supposedly there are anti-aging properties in it. I use Almay Kinetin skin care line because of my sensitive skin.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:20 AM

10,634 posts, read 16,213,780 times
Creme de la Mer - but you're going to pay $$$ for it. Turns over my skin every time I use it. Right now I'm just using it on problem areas around my eyes and lips.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:41 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Being 37 and having some sun damage, I can say so far after trying hundreds of products and spending thousands. Avon works. Love the vitamin c serum, has gotten rid of the sun damaged spots ( I had that photo test before and after) and their preventive creams work really well. I have been using it for 4 years, so far not a wrinkle, sag or age spot.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:36 PM

1,889 posts, read 6,988,157 times
They say prevention is key so I guess its never to early to start...I've used the Alpha Hydrox line since I was in my late teens. It freshens my skin every time. I use the face wash and skin creams. Ponds eye cream (the pink swirly one) works amazingly well. I think it's the vitamin K in it that lightened up the shadows under my eyes. I regularly use garnier products before bed (skin renew).

Old 10-12-2007, 04:05 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,956,147 times
It took me awhile (and a lot of different face products) before I developed a face regime. My mother always encouraged me to start one because our face is important. I have been using Oil of Olay since I was 23, which is over 10 years now, and I just have to say I love this product. I use the morning and night cream, soap, and exfoliant scrub. I unfortunately have puffy eyes and have tried the eye serums from Oil of Olay to no avail so now I have started using an eye serum made by Avon and just love it. I rarely admit this but I am lucky because of my mom's encouragement (and our good family genes) I have maybe one wrinkle on my forehead, and that's about it. None around the eyes and mouth. Good luck to you. It's hard finding the right combination for your face. It took me forever but I am very happy now.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:31 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,305,345 times
For regular moisturizing, I use Clinique cream that comes in the pack with the cleanser soap and lotion. But, during the night, I use SHU UEMURA Recharging Cream. Here is the link to the web site.
shu uemura
Actually, I didn't know for shu uemura until Tyra Banks mentioned it in one of her shows. That is Tokyo line of high quality make-up and skin care. I REALLY love their Recharging Cream, along with the other skin products. It leaves my skin fresh, and not to mention that smells nice. I really do think that my skin improved a lot after using this product. I use it regularly with the Clinique Cleansing stuff.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:07 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,110,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
They say prevention is key so I guess its never to early to start...I've used the Alpha Hydrox line since I was in my late teens. It freshens my skin every time. I use the face wash and skin creams. Ponds eye cream (the pink swirly one) works amazingly well. I think it's the vitamin K in it that lightened up the shadows under my eyes. I regularly use garnier products before bed (skin renew).
I've used the Alpha Hydrox line for eight years now. My favorite is the 12% soufflé. I use it after every shower. It is the only thing I put on my face. I haven't washed my face in decades and wear no make-up. The only thing that touches it is water from the shower and Alpha Hydrox. I turning 46 in a few months and am still taken as someone much younger. It works great on the neck also. I have no lines at all on my neck at all; always a dead give-a-way.

I really recommend Alpha Hydrox and to recommend to start early and stick with it.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,775,361 times
the only thing that has ever worked for me is the vaseline in the tube that you can buy in wal-mart and it is cheap. i have tried using other items (just on one side) to see if there was any improvement, and nothing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty