Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 05:13 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Ok, you can take your hand off your hip now.
Ha. That was actually funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 05:24 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Nope, I don't see that as being a beauty standard. It may help that I live in a state with few blondes, and travel to countries with few blondes.

But even in the movies for about the past decade it seems to mainly brunettes I see.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:42 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
I mean this with all sincerity OP, you really should get some counseling. After all the pages and pages devoted to this topic (I notice you started another thread similar to this one) it just seems like the only one who is convinced that you are unattractive is YOU. How old are you? I've only ever observed this pattern of self pity about appearance in teens. The answers you are seeking are not going to be found on CDF, unless you are just venting. If you're looking for a shoulder to cry on, that's about all you'll find here.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:31 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,346,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I mean this with all sincerity OP, you really should get some counseling. After all the pages and pages devoted to this topic (I notice you started another thread similar to this one) it just seems like the only one who is convinced that you are unattractive is YOU. How old are you? I've only ever observed this pattern of self pity about appearance in teens. The answers you are seeking are not going to be found on CDF, unless you are just venting. If you're looking for a shoulder to cry on, that's about all you'll find here.
These are gently suggested good points.

I've always felt if you stand 100 men/women in a room & have 100 other men/women decide upon who is the most outstanding looking, you'll have a wealth of answers. I don't think 1 person would be singled out as the most attractive. I myself would have quite a time deciding whether Brad Pitt, Geo Clooney, Antonio Banderas, Robert Redford or Al Pacino is the most handsome. They all are appealing to me in completely different ways, including eye/hair/skin color & height. I know, hard choice, but each one of those on that list are men I've overheard other women say they didn't find attractive.

We're all attractive in our own way. Many will love the way we look, others not so much. It's only personal preference & choice. It shouldn't ruin your day if you're not the prettiest girl/most handsome lad at the dance or the one with the bluest eyes. Blue eyes are beautiful, as are green, but I always notice brown first.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:03 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Yeah but (and correct me if I'm wrong) that appears to be albinism which is genetic disorder that comes with a long list of health problems. The blond black kids were from the South Pacific where blond hair emerged as a natural variation.

It is interesting to see clearly how race is so much more than the color of your hair or skin. No one would mistake those people for caucasians.
That is Albinism and it is not normal.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Wow! I had no idea Hilary wore blue contacts!!
Jeez...even with all of that effort Sarah Palan still looks better.

So is it just as sad and depressing when a woman with light hair or "dishwater" hair dyes her hair a rich brown, auburn, or even black? Because I see this all the time and it never bothers me as a natural brunette. People like to change their look up, and look at all of the unnatural looking brunettes out there. Celeb examples are Katy Perry and Megan Fox.

as far as black women go, I have to say one of the most beautiful woman I have seen since moving to Boston was a half black half white woman who had bronze skin skin, was 5'8", and had golden highlights. It was magnificent and that's coming from a straight woman.
I agree with all of this.

Hillary Clinton is a beautiful woman. She was born with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her hair became darker as she got older - but not rich brown - mousey which is what happens to many natural blondes.

Her eyes are blue and she does wear contact lenses. Not colored ones.

I have met her several times.

Sarah Palin's is stupid. It took her eight colleges to get a BA. I have no idea what color her eyes are. I have never met her. Never hope to.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:17 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
This is a really tired stereotype that needs to be chucked with all of the complaining that men prefer women that are rail-thin.

Blondes have many negative stereotypes associated with their hair color - stupidity, vapidity, arrogance, and the assumption of detachment from reality, wealth, coddling, etc. It's the same as the *sneer* "that skinny *****!" that women who are thin, whether because of their metabolism, dietary habits, fitness habits, or any combination thereof, are privy to.

I'm (darker) blonde haired, fair-skinned, and blue eyed, descended from Swedes. I work out and am trim, and in good shape. I've had girls pass me up because I'm "too pale," or they like dark hair. If my appearance is supposed to be a magic bullet... well, I'll be damned.

But then, hey: know what I prefer? Dark brown to black hair, medium skin tone, and brown eyes. I basically go after women who are Asian, Hispanic, or from the Indian subcontinent... so, it's reciprocal

Old 08-18-2012, 06:20 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree with all of this.

Hillary Clinton is a beautiful woman. She was born with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her hair became darker as she got older - but not rich brown - mousey which is what happens to many natural blondes.

Her eyes are blue and she does wear contact lenses. Not colored ones.

I have met her several times.

Sarah Palin's is stupid. It took her eight colleges to get a BA. I have no idea what color her eyes are. I have never met her. Never hope to.

Oh my goodness...that's hilarious

Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Oh my goodness...that's hilarious
I've got more where that came from.

OK compare Chelsea Clinton to Bristol Palin...any questions?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:26 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Ugh! don't even get me started on the "dishwater" thing! It seems like every woman who has very light brown to dark blond hair either goes totally blond, or they go darker.

There is definitely this bias out there against hair of that color, even worse than people claim the bias is against dark hair in favor of blond hair.

Look at the typical words used to describe that kind of hair:
--dishwater
--dirty-blond
--mousy
--ash

I think that color hair is so pretty! It catches the light in all different ways, and it usually has all kinds of subtle colors mixed in. But nearly every woman with that color hair changes it! If that were my natural color, I would play it up and love it! Yes, I still think it's sad when those women feel they have to go lighter or darker.
This is me, except I don't go totally blond. I was blond as a kid and now my hair has gotten darker...the dreaded "dishwater blond." However, I do take pride in being a "dirty-blond." My natural color is okay, but I prefer it a little lighter so I keep blond highlights in it, usually two or three different shades. I like the way it looks and it makes me feel "fresher," if that makes sense.

I also have blue eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty