U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 PM

6 posts, read 4,707 times

Advertisements

Different people have different standards of beauty. No matter what appearance you have, your innner beauty is the real one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 11:53 AM

15,231 posts, read 23,764,219 times
I don't think blond and blue is that great. I prefer dark.

I am dark my sons are dark and my wife was dark....

...............no blondes here

Old 10-07-2012, 04:41 PM

15,172 posts, read 15,218,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
bek most people (including people of color) find that to be the most appealing.

HUM, I am quite a tard so I cannot make this one out.

I vote for Russian, Italian and German women.....Germans are the tops because the other two have a few too many cuckoo-birds in the nest

Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,086,888 times
Why is blond hair, blue eyes considered the standard of beauty for women and men

By whom?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,871,301 times
Those that consider it the standard can have all the blondes and blue-eyed women.

Dark hair, darker eyes (green, brown) for this guy.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:43 PM

20,872 posts, read 22,451,999 times
This just happened to catch my eye in the title page. I don't think it is the standard. If you look at beauty magazines and TV commericals and fashion magazines you will see all color eyes and hair. I think it's a matter of preference of the individual.

I happen to think the combination of green eyes and very dark hair is very attractive. Or auburn hair and hazel eyes. No offense to anyone but to me blue eyed blondes are kind of blah and washed out looking .

Old 12-23-2013, 07:18 PM

1,410 posts, read 1,738,066 times
You know what bugs me? I'm white with brown eyes - okay, really dark brown eyes, almost black, and I've never felt like I fit in with others of my race. It was worse growing up in the 70s and 80s. Back in kindergarten (70s), the teacher thought all the blue eyed kids (most of the class) were cute and was nice to them. The few of us who had brown eyes, she always singled out and treated unfairly and came up with excuses to make us stand in the corner. The blue eyed kids got to be themselves and never had to stand in the corner.

When I go back and see reruns of shows that used to be popular, it seems like everyone had blue eyes. 2 examples: I Dream of Jeannie and The Brady Bunch. It seems just crazy that every person on those 2 shows had blue eyes.

Also, when I've looked at women's magazines from the 70s, the white models only had blue and green eyes.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:25 PM

9,783 posts, read 15,345,327 times
Why do people keep believing this? This might've been more the case 30 years ago, but not anymore.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:34 PM

706 posts, read 912,576 times
Who said it is? It certainly is not my standard for beauty.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:08 PM

243 posts, read 451,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
You know what bugs me? I'm white with brown eyes - okay, really dark brown eyes, almost black, and I've never felt like I fit in with others of my race. It was worse growing up in the 70s and 80s. Back in kindergarten (70s), the teacher thought all the blue eyed kids (most of the class) were cute and was nice to them. The few of us who had brown eyes, she always singled out and treated unfairly and came up with excuses to make us stand in the corner. The blue eyed kids got to be themselves and never had to stand in the corner.

When I go back and see reruns of shows that used to be popular, it seems like everyone had blue eyes. 2 examples: I Dream of Jeannie and The Brady Bunch. It seems just crazy that every person on those 2 shows had blue eyes.

Also, when I've looked at women's magazines from the 70s, the white models only had blue and green eyes.
This is crazy. For most of my life I never paid attention to eye color. If you had asked me what color my parents eyes were, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I'm sure there are a lot of guys like me.

I would never imagine that something as trivial as a persons eye color would make them question who they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or