U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2012, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Midwest
2,975 posts, read 4,267,661 times
Reputation: 1941

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I actually think so too.

I am going to over share here.

In college, my dorm had a charity fund raiser auction thing. People could offer up their services, people would bid, and the money went to some cause.

Most people did logical stuff like "ironing services," copy editing, a free ride to Target, dance lessons. Or something related to one of their talents.

There was this group of european blond girls. I think 5 of them. 4 of them were completely stuck up i.e. they didn't say hi in the halls. Or even talk to people who weren't blond. Seriously. I got dirty looks from the ring leader daily. The ring leader was also a little trashy. She would change with her windows open facing the courtyard. Courtyard facing rooms were very popular for this reason.

Personally, I thought 2 of the girls were really hot, and the other ones were mediocre. But plenty of people thought they were hot. I was confused. They had horrible attitudes.

But to be completely honest, these girls were no fun at all. They only talked to other blond people. They refused to socialize with people that weren't white. And had crappy attitudes. (The one nice girl, and the prettiest one in my opinion, was later kicked out of the group. Probably because she started making friends with non blond people)

I don't remember how much money the fundraiser made. But I do remember those girls offered up an evening hanging out with them (and you could take pictures of you with 5 "hot" blind girls!). My friends and I were thinking, who on earth would pay to hang out with them?

Anyway, it turned out to be the most popular thing of the entire night. The price kept going up and up. Some of their white guy frends were bidding. A group of 5 south asian and arab guys (they were exchange students, one was a rich saudi guy to fit wit the stereotype) spent like $300 on this evening with the blonds. The called themselves the muslim mafia or similar (this was before 9/11 so this wasn't a big deal).

The ring leader looked so annoyed. She thought she was going to have an evening hanging out with all of the "white guys" (some brits, kiwis, and aussies that were always flirting with them). And then she got the Muslims.

We were mean, and we thought it was pretty funny the evening didn't turn out the way she wanted.

As it turns out, later in the year, we ended up hanging out with those guys, and they became some of my best college friends (still in touch with half of them now!). So one night we were checking out their photo albums, and we saw pics of that infamous evening.

So we started asking: um why did you guys waste your money on that.

They weren't really sure, it started to become a competition almost. There were pics of them drinking mocktails and the guys smoking cigars, and they fully admitted the evening with the girls were really boring and it was a waste of money.

These guys have hilarious photo albums from college. Every pic is with them, and a "harem" of different women. one of my buddies got married, and the first time I met his then-fiancee, she was like "I recognize you from the photo album!" For some reason, I seem to be in a lot of these "harem" pics.

We realized, that we should have offered up a similar evening, with the "exotic" girls. (at that time my bffs were a diverse group of us pretty much representing all the continents! It would have been pretty hilarious, we had one for ever type. )

To this day, I still don't understand this concept of "blond privilege."
lol Your experience sounds similar to mine. A few semesters ago there was this blonde white girl who disliked me. I always caught her shooting dirty looks over at me. I have no idea why she singled me out. Come to find out, she had issues with a few other black girls in the class. Another black girl told me she was rude to her, and she had to put her a$$ in check. The next semester I ran into her again, and she rolled her eyes at me. I suspect she must date black guys...cause there is no other reason I can explain for her attitude problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Mexifornia
913 posts, read 735,053 times
Reputation: 920
Here's a bland brown hair and brown eyed girl.





Now here she is with bottle blond hair and blue eyes, what a difference!!!




It seems some of you people have it out for blond hair blue eyed people because they rejected you and didn't welcome your advances. Now you're complaining about those people on the board which makes you pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,413 posts, read 18,272,289 times
Reputation: 18588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini;25640866[B
]I'm South American and Jewish American and when I dyed my hair blonde I got so much attention from black guys![/b] They thought I was an angel and I couldn't go to the flea market in Miami without almost every man checking me out.

With my dark hair I still get hit on a lot by black guys but not as much as before and not in such dramatic ways as before.

There is definitely a "trophy" factor for Black men when it comes to blondes. It means that they have "made it".

This comment reminds of Tony Montana (yes, I know he wasn't Black) and the Michelle Pfeiffer characters in Scarface.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2012, 09:47 PM
 
14,752 posts, read 27,513,384 times
Reputation: 8732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Here's a bland brown hair and brown eyed girl.

Now here she is with bottle blond hair and blue eyes, what a difference!!!

It seems some of you people have it out for blond hair blue eyed people because they rejected you and didn't welcome your advances. Now you're complaining about those people on the board which makes you pathetic.
Yes, the first picture is awesome. Picture two reveals what a venomous person she really is. No sir or mam, nothing like that. I'm Italian and think the women of my nationality are the most attractive. Also, when you pair up to have kids, they tend to be better looking. Take a trip from Mexifornia, your location as currently shown, and see the world. Also, many blondes ARE dumb, because they're taught they can "afford" to be. Michelle Pfeiffer was fished out of a Von's in SoCal where she was a checker or a bagger. She wouldn't know a college degree if one bit her in the ass. Some of us who grew up in the area saw a lot of that dime-a-dozen look and then MANY beautiful and distinctive looking non-ethnic brunettes. So, your argument is invalid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2012, 09:49 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I'm South American and Jewish American and when I dyed my hair blonde I got so much attention from black guys! They thought I was an angel and I couldn't go to the flea market in Miami without almost every man checking me out.

With my dark hair I still get hit on a lot by black guys but not as much as before and not in such dramatic ways as before.
Blondes are just eye-catching too...so you notice them more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2012, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Midwest
2,975 posts, read 4,267,661 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Here's a bland brown hair and brown eyed girl.





Now here she is with bottle blond hair and blue eyes, what a difference!!!




It seems some of you people have it out for blond hair blue eyed people because they rejected you and didn't welcome your advances. Now you're complaining about those people on the board which makes you pathetic.
right cause people with blonde hair and blue eyes can't possibly have any character flaws. they are the greatest people in the world and we all must be biter and jealous if we dont think so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2012, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Midwest
2,975 posts, read 4,267,661 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Blondes are just eye-catching too...so you notice them more.
just because you have a bias doesn't give you the right to invalidate other people's opinion about blonde hair and blue eyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2012, 10:05 PM
 
578 posts, read 839,197 times
Reputation: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Neither do I. I agree. There are MANY inbred looking people with blond hair and blue eyes. Most are, in fact, boring looking.

However, I think the media proffers blonde hair/blue eyes as the standard of beauty for a woman and brown hair/brown eyes as the standard of handsomeness for a man. That's what it seems like.
As a blue eyed blond I take great offense to your comments. Inbred? Boring? Wow !! If I started ripping on others I'd be called all kinds of names. Blue eyes are soft and sparkly Like the skies and the oceans. Boring. Hummmpf what do you know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2012, 10:06 PM
 
578 posts, read 839,197 times
Reputation: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
right cause people with blonde hair and blue eyes can't possibly have any character flaws. they are the greatest people in the world and we all must be biter and jealous if we dont think so
SPOT ON !! Don't be jealous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 PM
 
14,752 posts, read 27,513,384 times
Reputation: 8732
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
As a blue eyed blond I take great offense to your comments. Inbred? Boring? Wow !! If I started ripping on others I'd be called all kinds of names. Blue eyes are soft and sparkly Like the skies and the oceans. Boring. Hummmpf what do you know
Public forum, so I am not really invested in whether or not you take offense to my comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top