Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 08:21 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,343,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
The standard must be different in England
Yes the women here really do seem to go for ugly men, so I'm not doing too well therefore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 08:34 PM

2,920 posts, read 5,218,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Yes the women here really do seem to go for ugly men, so I'm not doing too well therefore.
If you're as "beautiful" as Samantha Bricks, I can see why

I personally find the combination of dark hair and blue/green eyes the most attractive.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,299,393 times
I think Blonde hair gets the attention it does because of how scarce it is. I read that less than 2 percent of the world's population has light brown to platinum blonde hair!

Blue eyes are truly beautiful though. So glad I have a pair . Blue is the color of many serene things in nature. I think that is why people like them so much. The ocean, the sky, etc. Green and hazel are similar. The color of plant life which is another serene thing in nature.

Brown is the color of......well, I can't really think of anything all that pleasant at the moment.

That being said I don't care about the color of either of those traits in my partners. Eye and hair color are far down the list of what I find attractive in someone. They are pretty perks, but that is about it.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,440,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I think Blonde hair gets the attention it does because of how scarce it is. I read that less than 2 percent of the world's population has light brown to platinum blonde hair!

Blue eyes are truly beautiful though. So glad I have a pair . Blue is the color of many serene things in nature. I think that is why people like them so much. The ocean, the sky, etc. Green and hazel are similar. The color of plant life which is another serene thing in nature.

Brown is the color of......well, I can't really think of anything all that pleasant at the moment.

That being said I don't care about the color of either of those traits in my partners. Eye and hair color are far down the list of what I find attractive in someone. They are pretty perks, but that is about it.

Brown is a sweet, delicious, warm and comforting color....CHOCOLATE, CARAMEL, TOFFEE

Blue things are usually very "cold"

Old 08-14-2012, 08:52 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,766,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Brown is a sweet, delicious, warm and comforting color....CHOCOLATE, CARAMEL, TOFFEE

Blue things are usually very "cold"
Brown eyes seem a bit warmer to me than blue eyes.

I'm sure you've heard the express 'cold blue eyes' or 'steely grey eyes', as well as 'puppy dog eyes' which are big and brown.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:03 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,244,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
bek most people (including people of color) find that to be the most appealing.
How did I miss this, huck? Right you are. For a black man, bagging a blonde woman is the ultimate decoration on his arm. That's what I've seen in LA, the ATL, etc.

God knows one of my black friends tried and tried, but then settled on a South American brunette.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 08-14-2012 at 09:13 PM..

Old 08-14-2012, 09:13 PM

5,004 posts, read 12,313,882 times
There's been a lot of series with more dominant gene types as the beauty standards.

Example: the Kardashians, Meet Mindy, Harold and Kumar, etc.

So I don't think the blonde hair blue eyes type get the most press. I'd say it's getting more balanced as time goes on.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,440,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
How did I miss this, huck? Right you are. For a black man, bagging a blonde woman is the ultimate decoration on his arm. That's what I've seen in LA, the ATL, etc.

God knows one of my black friends tried and tried, but then settled on a South American brunette.
We are discussing blondes as a standard of beauty in society and not the self esteem issues of your Black guy friends.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:24 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,244,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
We are discussing blondes as a standard of beauty in society and not the self esteem issues of your Black guy friends.
I'm saying there's a lot of black men who rubberneck for blondes. Let's not be in denial. It's not MY standard of beauty and never will be.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,872,161 times
I'm South American and Jewish American and when I dyed my hair blonde I got so much attention from black guys! They thought I was an angel and I couldn't go to the flea market in Miami without almost every man checking me out.

With my dark hair I still get hit on a lot by black guys but not as much as before and not in such dramatic ways as before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty