U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 10:17 AM

517 posts, read 715,239 times

Advertisements

well honestly think of it in puberty boobs are more than the hips. Because if it weren't a more femme sign how come men can get away with having hips yet when they have boobs it's taken as more of a problem... Sorry but boobs are culturally seen as more feminine otherwise guys with hips would have the same treatment as a guy with boobs....

look at my album in that sense of course I'm curvy imo. Most people say that I am not giving thought to my lower half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 AM

and also I read that they also have hips that they grow the same as a woman does from medical articles.

and yeah to me she is more masculine than women like me. But that's nothing new. To me to be a woman you have to at least complete puberty as girls do. You have to have some ability to have kids.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,969,971 times
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. This thread totally derailed quickly! LOL

Old 08-13-2012, 10:26 AM

18,549 posts, read 13,688,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Women are able to have babies in all shapes and sizes, this doesn't mean having a natural birth (or ability to breastfeed) is a requirement of looking curvy.

Jessica Simpson is one of those women with a high bust to waist ratio. She isn't curvy, she is busty. This doesn't make her a bad person. J.Lo, Beyonce and even narrow hipped Jessica Biel are more curvy than Jessica Simpson. This doesn't make her a bad person, or unattractive. She just isn't curvy.
Yep, Variations of the classic Coke bottle shape is what many men prefer. I prefer close hip to bust measurements regardless of a womans weight. J.Lo has very big hips compared to her busts but can carry it because she has a long tapering hip to thigh transition.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:32 AM

also I forgot swelling boobs is a sign of ovulation. So it's a sign of fertility too. If you were a woman you'd notice that. Therefore, bigger breasts solicit fertility when ovulating because we are much bigger. So yeah...

Old 08-13-2012, 10:33 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,444,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
well honestly think of it in puberty boobs are more than the hips. Because if it weren't a more femme sign how come men can get away with having hips yet when they have boobs it's taken as more of a problem... Sorry but boobs are culturally seen as more feminine otherwise guys with hips would have the same treatment as a guy with boobs....

look at my album in that sense of course I'm curvy imo. Most people say that I am not giving thought to my lower half.
What men with hips? I don't think I've ever seen a man with wide hips and a small waist.

Whatever you want to think, but after reading many many threads about this and similar subjects I've come to the conclusion that most men would take an ample bottom half over a big bosom any day. Don't get me wrong, big boobs are great and most men wouldn't turn down a well endowed lady, but no amount of boobage can make up for straight hips.

Oh, and a disclaimer, I don't mean to tout any one body type or feature as superior to another or claim that you can only be attractive if you look a certain way. There is beauty in every body shape and every woman, regardless of shape or size, can find a man or woman who loves her and finds her beautiful just as she is.

Quote:
also I forgot swelling boobs is a sign of ovulation. So it's a sign of fertility too. If you were a woman you'd notice that. Therefore, bigger breasts solicit fertility when ovulating because we are much bigger. So yeah...
I am a woman. Women may or may not notice a change in size, firmness, lumpiness, or sensitivity of her breasts throughout her cycle. Change in size is not significant, perhaps a half cup size at most, and it is not a significant visual cue to the opposite sex.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:37 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,969,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
What men with hips? I don't think I've ever seen a man with wide hips and a small waist.

Whatever you want to think, but after reading many many threads about this and similar subjects I've come to the conclusion that most men would take an ample bottom half over a big bosom any day. Don't get me wrong, big boobs are great and most men wouldn't turn down a well endowed lady, but no amount of boobage can make up for straight hips.

Oh, and a disclaimer, I don't mean to tout any one body type or feature as superior to another or claim that you can only be attractive if you look a certain way. There is beauty in every body shape and every woman, regardless of shape or size, can find a man or woman who loves her and finds her beautiful just as she is.
it definitely did for me. I was never hippy and had/have a flat ass, but when I was out with the girls, I dominated the room with height and boobs. (it was really the only time when people were able to see that I was thin with big boobs.)

Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,444,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
it definitely did for me. I was never hippy and had/have a flat ass, but when I was out with the girls, I dominated the room with height and boobs. (it was really the only time when people were able to see that I was thin with big boobs.)
Ah, but butts and hips are different. Didn't you say you used to be more hourglassy and as you've gotten older you feel more column/lollipop ish?

It's a distinction I'm not certain about in terms of the fertility study, butts or hips. 37 inch hips could come in the form of narrow hips and bubble butt, which doesn't appear very curvy from the front, or it could be wide hips and a flatty patty like Marilyn Monroe. I don't know if there's a difference in terms of signalling fertility and, thus, the man attention.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:52 AM

yea I actually always get most of the attention bodywise. Reason why is because I'm built better than a barbie doll. Beingextremely skinny with boobs seems to run all sorts of girls jealous and guys all crazy. People think big boobs is so unlikely on a woman shaped like a girl. Everyone always want to think it's fake too good to be true type thing. But yea I do get most of the attention body typewise.. Thing is I live in America most people are a bit bigger than me and they can't look perfect in a bikini like I can and still have curves therefore a fatgirl with hips or a ruler bony chick is likely to be less attractive. Now an hourglass that was my size would probably get more attention. But it's rare I find those. Everyone has a pooch it seems.

Actually I am a woman I reach a small D when ovulating it's more than half a cup. But it's a sign of fertility obvious.

like I said my cousins dad had hips and femme proportional waiste. Many guys do. Just look around they're a minority they exist still... It's not like men having boobs that's shunned becauseits too feminine of a trait while hips in males is more acceptable...

Last edited by kitgirl11; 08-13-2012 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 AM

look it up there are all sorts of articles on guys with wide hips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty