U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-25-2012, 03:46 PM
 
3,252 posts, read 6,060,793 times
Reputation: 1588

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfire View Post
Nah, he's just a BS artist.
Thank you for your value-added to this thread. Of course you can post your qualifications as to why you think I am one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2012, 07:02 AM
 
499 posts, read 614,214 times
Reputation: 549
[quote=brfire;25800889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Cool Then as long as I don't do anything other than drink the minimum amount of water, and take my vitamins, I will never have a food bill ever again, though I will stay fat. NOT.
The human body goes into 'survival mode' during periods of insufficient caloric intake.
My point exactly.
However, over time, if that continues, the fat supplies start to get consumed by the body, as it needs a certain minimum caloric energy source to function (the human body at rest burns about the same amount of power as a 100W light bulb. Freshman Biomed). After the fat is all consumed, it unfortunately turns to internal organs.[/quote]
And as a result the human body will die, not the result most people want.
People will say whatever they want and spin science to demonstrate why fat should be accepted, why it should be "normal" and why people "have to" and "should" find it attractive. (But only why men should find fat women attractive, not the other way around)

Whenever we want to make people believe something that is against the status quo, what do we do?... Yep, you guessed it....spin "science". (really pseudoscience)

"Men should find obese women attractive because they are more primed for childbirth"

I just saw this on a Plenty Of Fish profile from an overweight woman who checked me out

"No one reads this so lets try this.. I am not interested in men my height or shorter. I don't like overweight or a few extra pounds. I know I have a few extra pounds, but I carry it well. Real women have curves. Men should be lean and fit. Everyone has a preference. I'm very easy going and down to earth."


Rigggghhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 09:11 AM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
Reputation: 7485
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
I hear a lot of larger women are actually flat chested but have large chests due to weight gain. Or other parts weight gain can really change body shape...
Aren't you the same one who said fat women were more manly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 09:17 AM
 
Location: NYC
7,371 posts, read 12,316,596 times
Reputation: 10279
Am I the only one getting tired of fat chick threads? Some like bigger women and some don't... let's move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 09:56 AM
 
Location: too far from the sea
17,994 posts, read 17,150,498 times
Reputation: 30131
"No one reads this so lets try this.. I am not interested in men my height or shorter. I don't like overweight or a few extra pounds. I know I have a few extra pounds, but I carry it well. Real women have curves. Men should be lean and fit. Everyone has a preference. I'm very easy going and down to earth."

"Real" women? So she's fat and it's okay but she won't allow the man to be anything less than lean and fit. Talk about a double standard.

As a woman, a "real" woman is NOT fat but she can still be shapely. Don't try to disguise the fact that you are overweight by calling it curvy.

Eat healthy foods and get your exercise. There are only a few women who have some genetic or hormonal problem that makes them fat. You can tell because there are so many fat people now and there never used to be.

It is harder when you're poor though because you are working long hours and don't have the money to buy fresh foods and prepare them, you are more likely to be eating fast food from a drive through. You don't have time for breakfast so you eat junk like donuts or disgusting fat laden junk from a fast food place.

On the other hand, I know a man who is on the dating sites and he's meeting a lot of women who were obese and had the surgery to lose weight. If they are so poor that they have to eat junk food, how do they afford the surgery? That part doesn't ring true. These are people who weren't poor and didn't have to eat junk food, they just ate--A LOT. Then they became obese and they have no one to blame but themselves.

These people need to pass on the fried foods, the dishes overloaded with cheese, and the enormous portions that have become the standard. If they had a normal income and still ate the junk then you do have to wonder about the personality and mental state of the person. You see so many women who could be pretty underneath all the rolls of fat. You can barely make out their faces, it's just gobs of fat and double chins. It is NOT feminine, it looks sloppy and usually means there is some underlying mental problem. I don't blame the men for staying away. But same goes for men--when I was single I wouldn't have dated a fat guy--some underlying problem with the person unless they're in the huge minority that has some medical problem or is poor and working so many hour that they don't have the time to eat normal food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Tacoma, WA
223 posts, read 229,809 times
Reputation: 325
Quote:
and why people "have to" and "should" find it attractive
I think this is what I have a problem with - folks who want to be thought police and dictate what others are supposed to like, be attracted to and enjoy. I think I'm fairly attractive in the face, and I have a lot of lean muscle mass and am in the "healthy" weight range. But also, I have pale skin, I wear glasses, I have a gap between my front teeth. I have scoliosis and move kind of funny sometimes because one leg is longer than the other. I don't expect everyone to find me attractive, and undoubtedly, not everyone does. I don't see all the whinging and shrieking from some group like, I dunno, One Leg Longer Than The Other acceptance group that everyone should find me attractive.

Folks should treat one another with respect, that is lacking in this country, but that is a topic for another time. Weight should not be a factor when selecting someone for a job (unless it is a job like a lineman, which requires under a certain weight). However, people can be attracted or not attracted to whomever they want. Men do not have to find "fat" women attractive. Women do not have to find "short" men attractive. They get to pick who they like. No amount of anger coming out of any acceptance group is going to change factors in physical attraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 02:21 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
517 posts, read 714,461 times
Reputation: 146
jersey no I said you were manly because you big bones. Fat is not bone. A woman with small bones could be fat my mom was when she was pregnant. She was even more feminine and even after she had me. Fat to me feminizes people. Bigger bones are a different story....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,902,513 times
Reputation: 11780
[quote=Walter002;25810429]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfire View Post

People will say whatever they want and spin science to demonstrate why fat should be accepted, why it should be "normal" and why people "have to" and "should" find it attractive. (But only why men should find fat women attractive, not the other way around)

Whenever we want to make people believe something that is against the status quo, what do we do?... Yep, you guessed it....spin "science". (really pseudoscience)

"Men should find obese women attractive because they are more primed for childbirth"

I just saw this on a Plenty Of Fish profile from an overweight woman who checked me out

"No one reads this so lets try this.. I am not interested in men my height or shorter. I don't like overweight or a few extra pounds. I know I have a few extra pounds, but I carry it well. Real women have curves. Men should be lean and fit. Everyone has a preference. I'm very easy going and down to earth."


Rigggghhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt.
That's another brain surgeon who spends lots of time alone........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 01:26 AM
 
499 posts, read 614,214 times
Reputation: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudegubmintworker View Post
I think this is what I have a problem with - folks who want to be thought police and dictate what others are supposed to like, be attracted to and enjoy.... However, people can be attracted or not attracted to whomever they want. Men do not have to find "fat" women attractive. Women do not have to find "short" men attractive. They get to pick who they like. No amount of anger coming out of any acceptance group is going to change factors in physical attraction.
+10000000

Please add to this list all of the other groups who complain about being overlooked

I read you completely on your point. Just because you are a part of a group doesn't mean you have to like the opposite sex of that same group, nor do you have to find any group of people attractive because they "say" you should. Doesn't mean something is "wrong" with you if you don't find a certain group of individuals attractive. Let them kick and scream, who cares

∙ Fat girls don't have to like Fat guys
∙ Black guys don't have to like Black girls
∙ Asian girls don't have to like Asian guys
∙ Short girls don't have to like Short guys
∙ Tall guys don't have to like Tall girls
∙ Yadda yadda.

In dating you can pick what you want, for whatever reason you want. It's not looking for a job or a house. In dating you can discriminate and not really give a damn if anyone's feelings gets hurt. It's about what I want, what you're attracted to and want to get intimate with, not about what they say I should want or shouldn't overlook

Last edited by Walter002; 08-27-2012 at 02:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 AM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,492,877 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
+10000000

Please add to this list all of the other groups who complain about being overlooked

I read you completely on your point. Just because you are a part of a group doesn't mean you have to like the opposite sex of that same group, nor do you have to find any group of people attractive because they "say" you should. Doesn't mean something is "wrong" with you if you don't find a certain group of individuals attractive. Let them kick and scream, who cares

Fat girls don't have to like Fat guys
∙ Black guys don't have to like Black girls
∙ Asian girls don't have to like Asian guys
∙ Short girls don't have to like Short guys
∙ Tall guys don't have to like Tall girls
∙ Yadda yadda.

In dating you can pick what you want, for whatever reason you want. It's not looking for a job or a house. In dating you can discriminate and not really give a damn if anyone's feelings gets hurt. It's about what I want, what you're attracted to and want to get intimate with, not about what they say I should want or shouldn't overlook
This is always been one thing I've never understood from people who think this way. They make it seem like just because you are in a specific category you can magically make yourself attracted to the same category. If I'm overweight, that doesn't mean I can make myself sexually or physically attracted to overweight women. Now my chances of meeting somebody will diminish because I have smaller circle to choose from, but I never understood this idea that you have to be attracted to the opposite sex who may look like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top