U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,844,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Yeah but people should also realise who they are and realise who they probably could and could not get. If you're a fat person, you should not expect to be with an athletic healthnut. If you're ugly you should not expect to be with a supermodel.
People should be with whomever they want to be with regardless of how they look. If a health nut falls for a larger person that's their prerogative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,995,105 times
Quote:
Hormonal probs is a bs excuse. Europeans have hormones too and they are not fat. It is our food and our lifestyle and people have no one to blame but themselves. It is not genetics, it is not hormones, it is YOU. (Not you Jay specifically- i mean people in general)

When was the last time you were in Europe or read the news?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:59 AM

3,421 posts, read 2,498,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
People should be with whomever they want to be with regardless of how they look. If a health nut falls for a larger person that's their prerogative.
you completely missed what he said. If a health nut wants to be with a larger person, more power to the the health nut, but a larger person should not expect or be upset that a person does not want to be with them if they are a large person.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM

517 posts, read 717,995 times
on a scientific level fat cells secrete estrogen therefore yes they are feminine.... And an excess is unhealthy.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 AM

517 posts, read 717,995 times
it is genetics. It's why my mom and I can stuff our faces sit on the couch all day and not gain a pound. While others can't because their genetic make up allows them to gain much more weight. While ours gives us a limit on how high we can get which is barely healthy and skinny at the max. Most people aren't this way for survival reasons. When food becomes scarse we're the first to go because we can't survive off much smaller calories than 1500 a day. While those with obese tendencies tend to survive and pass it on to their children because they can live off much less food and still be productive. Obesity and the aility to be heavier promoted by natural selection. It's also why my mom's dad is fat despite he past these genes on to her. Most family trees have famine somewhere down the line. If we had complete skinny genes throughout our heritage we wouldn't exist. And this is why likely so many are obese because during famine they were less likely to perish.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:31 AM

410 posts, read 417,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
Now maybe I'm not to judge. I'm a straight female and with guys I'm a real nazi with weight prefferences. But it makes sense to me. Like a guy is supposed to be thin with little excess fat on him. I am actually the type that doesn't like muscles on guys because they can look like fat imo... But with a woman it's different it's like to me women have room. Fat is feminine. It is scientifically. This is why very heavyset men can't have kids as well as if they were skinny. So why is it wrong to say a women is fat? If it's a feminine trait? Especially if she has good curves... Which usually come hand in hand. There are othershapes and sizes that are nice like slim and curvy delicate rulers/bananas. And many more. It seems to me the female body is pretty versatile in how it can be nice. Also like it's always where men with fat on their faces lose masculinity while women keep and gain feminine features. Likeive seen pretty fat women. And not the same with guys... So why is being fat a bad thing for women? If it actually itself means feminineness? Shouldn't it be something they're proud of just like any other shaped women? Even tall column can be proud of being held high in some modeling businesses. Why is it though fat is a bad word when it comes to female anatomy? If I were fat I'd be proud for the assets and not the fallthroughs...
Fat on a woman is not called feminine. It is called laziness.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:30 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,526,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
Now maybe I'm not to judge. I'm a straight female and with guys I'm a real nazi with weight prefferences. But it makes sense to me. Like a guy is supposed to be thin with little excess fat on him. I am actually the type that doesn't like muscles on guys because they can look like fat imo... But with a woman it's different it's like to me women have room. Fat is feminine. It is scientifically. This is why very heavyset men can't have kids as well as if they were skinny. So why is it wrong to say a women is fat? If it's a feminine trait? Especially if she has good curves... Which usually come hand in hand. There are othershapes and sizes that are nice like slim and curvy delicate rulers/bananas. And many more. It seems to me the female body is pretty versatile in how it can be nice. Also like it's always where men with fat on their faces lose masculinity while women keep and gain feminine features. Likeive seen pretty fat women. And not the same with guys... So why is being fat a bad thing for women? If it actually itself means feminineness? Shouldn't it be something they're proud of just like any other shaped women? Even tall column can be proud of being held high in some modeling businesses. Why is it though fat is a bad word when it comes to female anatomy? If I were fat I'd be proud for the assets and not the fallthroughs...
A little bit of fat may make a woman look healthy, youthful and feminine. But I see more of the extreme than anything else. And that ages a woman's looks and is not good for her health. I'll leave off the strict figure aesthetics onthisbecause I understand how highly subjective this can be.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:37 PM

8,141 posts, read 12,549,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
you completely missed what he said. If a health nut wants to be with a larger person, more power to the the health nut, but a larger person should not expect or be upset that a person does not want to be with them if they are a large person.
Haha thank you.

Why does everyone in this place think I'm a guy? Lol

Old 10-05-2012, 06:17 PM

3,421 posts, read 2,498,024 times
Quote:
Haha thank you.

Why does everyone in this place think I'm a guy? Lol
i'm sorry, I shouldn't have assumed that. With that being said, lets be honest, your screenname is Jdawg, even you would have to admit that sounds more like a guy would create that screenname.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:41 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,971,658 times
Quote:
Fat is not feminine. It is unhealthy!!!
Yes. I think most of us have a tendency to view fat in a negative way because it speaks of ill health, and a slovenly uncaring attitude about the self. It's a turn off. If you look as though you don't care about yourself, why should anyone else?

Of course, that is misleading, but people should try to look as though they have their act together. The repulsiveness of fat is probably mostly subconscious in most of us. We are ashamed that we judge others in such a superficial way, but we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty