U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2012, 05:24 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,212,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
LMAO, fat is fat people, and the majority of the world outside the US doesn't find it appealing one bit

OP, not all women (and men) distribute weight the same. Not all women gain weight and automatically just get big breasts, big hips and a round J-Lo butt. Th majority of people put weight on in the stomach and thighs-neither of which is attractive.
Not true either.
I had a coworker who was from Eritrea(in Africa) and a coworker from the Philipines who said they don't understand why all the advertisement in the Usa was about losing weight.
The coworker from Eritrea wanted to gain weight,but she said she really didn't see anything in the media on how to do it.

Oh,and some men like big bellies and thick thighs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 05:31 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,525,279 times
I don't know any guys who like fat women.

A woman whose outline is larger than the man she is with* is neither attractive, nor sexy.

* how about that, for a rule of thumb?

Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 PM

72,695 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Obesity is so much more common than it used to be. So can hormonal problems be that big of a factor? If so that must mean something has changed in food that is causing more hormonal problems.
The point wasn't to explain away all obesity, but to remind people that "fat" doesn't automatically = lazy or overeater. And yes, something has changed in food; food itself is now full of hormones. It's causing early puberty in girls, and other health problems.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:12 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

A woman whose outline is larger than the man she is with* is neither attractive, nor sexy.

Not a great rule of thumb, really. I'm 6'1 and have dated guys much shorter than me and I will ALWAYS be bigger than they are, even at my thinnest.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:19 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,525,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not a great rule of thumb, really. I'm 6'1 and have dated guys much shorter than me and I will ALWAYS be bigger than they are, even at my thinnest.
Yeah, it is pretty harsh. I wasn't thinking about tall women. I was thinking about women in the 5-4 to 5-7 range who are just TOO BIG.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Yeah, it is pretty harsh. I wasn't thinking about tall women. I was thinking about women in the 5-4 to 5-7 range who are just TOO BIG.
I suppose I can see that, but women have different types of bodies. I've seen some VERY pear shaped women whose hips are much wide than their husbands, or women who are with very thin men (my ex was 6'3 and around 160 lbs, I was MUCH larger than he was, even when we were the same weight). A friend of mine is 5'6 and maybe 140 lbs and she's wider than her boyfriend...he's maybe 5'7 and 130 lbs.

People are attracted to all types. Some dudes are super skinny too, and they may like a gal with a little more meat.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:10 PM

3,858 posts, read 4,278,882 times
Quote:

There are in fact men who like fat women. I have a friend who is slightly overweight but is only attracted to women who are morbidly obese. If you think he is the only one do a search on BBW and you will find an endless amount of websites. My friend even attends BBW conventions.

Yes men who like BBWs are outliers, the exceptions to the rule. But it just goes to show there aren't absolutes. Even if someone isn't conventionally attractive, someone will find them attractive.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
fat is not feminine, fat is fat
I was at the 99cent store today (where the majority of shoppers are fat) and saw a fat guy who looked feminine. He looked like a former bodybuilder, his muscles turned into fat. His body had a strong feminine aura to it, it was fascinating because he seemed like he was a masculine tough guy in his younger years, maybe a biker. His wife was thin but hardened and was more masculine than him. Maybe that wasn't always the case.

If we would assign everything in this world masculine or feminine I would put fat in the feminine column. Yet that choice would be full of ironies includng the fact that many (but not all) large women are quite masculine.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
For all of the people that complain about fat people or call fat/overweight people ugly, etc there sure are a lot of men with fat wives/girlfriends as well as being fat themselves. Especially in the south, so many fat couples. Also in the midwest.
The CDC recently released an obesity map. The South dominated the most obese states followed by the Midwest. So I think the couples you are seeing in those regions simply reflect what's available in the dating pool.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:59 AM

3,252 posts, read 6,062,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The point wasn't to explain away all obesity, but to remind people that "fat" doesn't automatically = lazy or overeater. And yes, something has changed in food; food itself is now full of hormones. It's causing early puberty in girls, and other health problems.
I think it is fair to say that overeater = someone who consumes more Calories than than burn. Hormones of any type cannot make the human body anywhere near 100% efficient. So yes, "fat" in one sense means "overeater". Not necessarily lazy, as that is a character trait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty