Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 11:26 PM

24,107 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
Now maybe I'm not to judge. I'm a straight female and with guys I'm a real nazi with weight prefferences. But it makes sense to me. Like a guy is supposed to be thin with little excess fat on him. I am actually the type that doesn't like muscles on guys because they can look like fat imo... But with a woman it's different it's like to me women have room. Fat is feminine. It is scientifically. This is why very heavyset men can't have kids as well as if they were skinny. So why is it wrong to say a women is fat? If it's a feminine trait? Especially if she has good curves... Which usually come hand in hand. There are othershapes and sizes that are nice like slim and curvy delicate rulers/bananas. And many more. It seems to me the female body is pretty versatile in how it can be nice. Also like it's always where men with fat on their faces lose masculinity while women keep and gain feminine features. Likeive seen pretty fat women. And not the same with guys... So why is being fat a bad thing for women? If it actually itself means feminineness? Shouldn't it be something they're proud of just like any other shaped women? Even tall column can be proud of being held high in some modeling businesses. Why is it though fat is a bad word when it comes to female anatomy? If I were fat I'd be proud for the assets and not the fallthroughs...
I basically agree with this. Fat, in the right places is intrinsically feminine and does perform a biological function.

I think there is or should be more room for women to be a bit fatter than men.

For men? NO! You do not breast feed and fat around the midsection - which is where men tend to collect it, is dangerous to their health.

The thing is, our country has a problem with obesity. Morbid obesity.

There does seem to be a double standard though, and I'm not buying into it.

Donald Trump, for example looks pretty fat to me. Yet all of his wives are stick thin.

What do you wanna bet that the Donald wears some kind of corset or girdle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 03:35 PM

146 posts, read 190,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
For all of the people that complain about fat people or call fat/overweight people ugly, etc there sure are a lot of men with fat wives/girlfriends as well as being fat themselves. Especially in the south, so many fat couples. Also in the midwest.
Hmm Dont leave out NYC!

Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I basically agree with this. Fat, in the right places is intrinsically feminine and does perform a biological function.

For men? NO! You do not breast feed and fat around the midsection - which is where men tend to collect it, is dangerous to their health.

Donald Trump, for example looks pretty fat to me. Yet all of his wives are stick thin.

There's a difference between being fat and having fat on your body.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:53 PM

499 posts, read 756,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

This is pure BS. Why do women get a pass on this? Spinning science, creating psuedoscience so what you say "seems" or "feels" right huh?

Why shouldn't you be held to standards?

Don't get fat! Women should be held to the same impossible standards women set for some men. Rile up the competition please.

Lots of women REALLY started becoming picky with their men once all of these double standards really started playing out within the last 20 years or so, and the men buy into it!

It's okay for you to be broke but not men
It's okay for you to be short but not men
It's okay for you to live with mom, but not for men
It's okay for you to be FAT, but not men
It's okay for you to have a stomach, but not men
It's okay for men to pay for dates even if you have a great career, but not for women
It's okay for women to cheat (lacking something), but if men do it, we're dogs

Crap out of here with that bullspit. You have standards, don't be upset if men hold you to similar standards. It's "not okay" for you to be fat, stop trying to "feminize it". Fat is fat and too much of it is unhealthy and unattractive. If you're comfortable being fat, then be proud of it, and don't get your panties in a bunch if men turn you down for it. They don't "have to" or "shouldn't have to" find that attractive if they don't want to.

There are fat fetish guys out there. Look for them.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 PM

517 posts, read 998,957 times
I think that comment was highly uneducated jockey. I mean men are supposed to have narrow hips while women don't I mean not as much as a guy's. It's obvious in jean sizes if a man is fatter than his girl in jeans something's not right with him.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:27 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Quote:
I think that comment was highly uneducated jockey. I mean men are supposed to have narrow hips while women don't I mean not as much as a guy's. It's obvious in jean sizes if a man is fatter than his girl in jeans something's not right with him.
She's just sharing something that was a real experience for her. And your statement is not necessarily a rule, either. A man could just be naturally larger than his girl. If this is the case, jean sizes will reflect.

Overall I think this is a good thread topic and agree with your premise. Thank you for bringing this discussion to the forum.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 PM

499 posts, read 756,570 times
The main issue that I have with this thread and the OPs thought process is this:

For the last 20 years ago, we've had this idea that BBWs are supposed to be attractive, and larger women, plus sized women, fat women should be "accepted". All of this has been shoved down our throats ad nauseum (i.e real men love curves, only a dog wants a bone, etc etc)

Fine..........

But we have the reverse happening for men. Nowadays, men have to be 5'10+ (really 6+) and lean/fit to be attractive. There's no room for error here. Women demand this, whether she's short herself, fat as a cow or as attractive as tree bark.

Whenever someone wants to be "right", they connect it to evolution in their "own way".

Segregation was explained through evolution and the bible. Extermination of the Jews was explained through evolution and the bible. Same with men and height. Now women and weight. "Men are supposed to lean and fit". I'm both, but hell out of here with that garbage..............

If you want men to "accept" you, then you better be open to men of all shapes and sizes. You have 250 lb women walking on the runways? Fine, then make sure you let 5'4 Michael J Fox, or FAT ASS Kevin James walk down also.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:51 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Quote:
What is your problem with big hips?
How was her comment uneducated?

Wth is wrong with you? You go off the minute someone mentions big hips.
I thought your basic premise was that fat was attractive in the right places?

Old 09-08-2012, 12:58 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
There's a wide variety of looks that different people consider "fat". I see Kim Kardashian as a little thick, curvy, but not fat. Though I'm most attracted to thin, fit women I see plenty of women who have a bit of extra body fat who are very attractive. However, I've never seen an obese woman I found physically attractive. In fact, speaking strictly of physical attraction, most obese women might as well be men as far as I'm concerned. That's how little I'm attracted to them (and I'm a straight male, btw).

Old 09-08-2012, 01:32 AM

774 posts, read 1,693,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What is your problem with big hips?
How was her comment uneducated?

Wth is wrong with you? You go off the minute someone mentions big hips.
I thought your basic premise was that fat was attractive in the right places?
If you took a fat person and put him/her on a desert island with only fruit from the trees and an occasional fish to eat, would this person not lose weight no matter what genes are in play?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty