U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-17-2012, 08:26 PM
 
11,426 posts, read 19,438,504 times
Reputation: 18124

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I've tried before in the past.
As a blonde haired blue eyed "beauty", I can assure you of one thing. Pretty much, when you hit 50 you dissappear. No one gives you a second glance after a certain age, except your husband -- at least my husband does me.

Looks fade -- it's truly really HONESTLY what's inside that matters. And your insides is what you have to nurture NOW.

I put "beauty" in quotes because I am beautiful. The opinions of others don't matter to me -- I can assure you most people would find me quite ordinary. They are morons.

And that's something else. How you feel about yourself comes out to others. You have to love yourself first, in order to find someone who is worthy to love you.

If you are truly in the mindset you say you are in, please find help. It is out there.

 
Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 PM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,520,978 times
Reputation: 19578
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Where are all these darkskinned women with wonderful husbands and boyfriends? I don't see it. IMO, lightskinned women get better options in terms of the type of men they can date. They are much more respected by men and considered girlfriend material. When I go out I see more lightskinned women with a man than darkskinned women (unless they are pushing a strolling with a bunch of babies in it) Just being real.



This used to give me self esteem too--but how is being a lover and a mistress to a European white man a good thing? It's not. African women were just bedwhores to European men. They were not respected or valued for anything.

Darkskin is being bred out of existence right as we speak. In another 50-100 years most African Americans will be light/mixed race.
Or will most white people be dark/mixed race?
 
Old 08-17-2012, 09:27 PM
 
4 posts, read 3,270 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
As a blonde haired blue eyed "beauty", I can assure you of one thing. Pretty much, when you hit 50 you dissappear. No one gives you a second glance after a certain age, except your husband -- at least my husband does me.

Looks fade -- it's truly really HONESTLY what's inside that matters. And your insides is what you have to nurture NOW.

I put "beauty" in quotes because I am beautiful. The opinions of others don't matter to me -- I can assure you most people would find me quite ordinary. They are morons.

And that's something else. How you feel about yourself comes out to others. You have to love yourself first, in order to find someone who is worthy to love you.

If you are truly in the mindset you say you are in, please find help. It is out there.
This is true. However, the effects of slavery and colonialism brought with it, doctrines of subjugation and racial denigration. Even the very humanity of Africans was questioned. Quite frankly, in far too many coners of the world it still is...

Now there's this other elephant sitting in the room right besides the big black one with nappy hair, and that's the stupid one. The one that can't critically analyze quite to the degree that caucasians and asian can. The IQ ceiling for some reason has been lower by God, for Africans and so many other people of color.

Therefore, not only are darkskinned people of the Sub Sahara considered the ugliest people of the world, they are also considered as the most stupid ones too.

I often wonder what many people would think if some black African nation were to construct a nucear power plant and begin to stockpile nuclear weapons.

Would they then be considered as intelligent people because they have managed to construct a weapon that is powerful enough to destroy the earth's inhabitants ten times over?

It is high time to step back and reconsider everything we've been taught about our world. Even the very basics about what's right and what's wrong, what's moral and what's immoral, what's beautiful and who's truly intelligent. I sometimes wonder if we are capable or defining the word, "intelligent". Seems you'd have to be in possession of the very ingredient of study.

It's clearly plain to see that we're all just stuck here on this spaceship, without any instructions as to how to sufficiently operate it. It quite literally came without any instructions. Subsequently, we have no clue as to how to properly conduct the business of wholesome survival. For some reason as human beings, supposedly with a higher capacity for learning, we would be much further ahead than we are currently.
 
Old 08-17-2012, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Out West
20,595 posts, read 15,415,894 times
Reputation: 24157
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Originally Posted by Pear Martini
Wow! I had no idea Hilary wore blue contacts!!
Jeez...even with all of that effort Sarah Palan still looks better.




So is it just as sad and depressing when a woman with light hair or "dishwater" hair dyes her hair a rich brown, auburn, or even black? Because I see this all the time and it never bothers me as a natural brunette. People like to change their look up, and look at all of the unnatural looking brunettes out there. Celeb examples are Katy Perry and Megan Fox.


as far as black women go, I have to say one of the most beautiful woman I have seen since moving to Boston was a half black half white woman who had bronze skin skin, was 5'8", and had golden highlights. It was magnificent and that's coming from a straight woman.


I hear this b.s. in real life and online. I wasn't even expecting to stumble across this but I did. So I guess since I don't have light bronzed skin, white ancestry and long golden highlights I'm ugly. So tired of hearing that the only way a woman of color can be beautiful is if she looks like she is mixed with White
That was one person's opinion. Are you really going to judge based on one person's opinion? Even if it were 10,000 opinions or 100,000...who cares!

Who gives a rat's patookis what they find attractive? Who! CARES!

No one said you have to be light skinned or have blonde streaks in your hair to be attractive.

Do you know what really makes people attractive? Their personality. Seriously. I learned this when I was 16 years old. I had to go to some church camp thing. I did not want to go, I had a terrible attitude about it, I was NOT going to listen to the lady and I sure was not going to enjoy myself! That was final!

Walked in to the church and there she was....with her curly hair, her hippie skirt and her "peaceful" (fake!!!! I told myself), smile. I instantly hated her.

But she started talking. And I discovered that she was genuinely kind. There wasn't a phony bone in her body. She truly was peaceful, she truly did care, she truly did want us to have fun and she truly did know who she was.

This horrifically ugly, blonde curly haired hippie goodie two shoe poser turned in to the most beautiful person I had seen up to that point in my life. Within an hour, I really liked her. I started to have a good time, in spite of myself.

I will never forget that lesson and I think many others out there would do well to either learn it, or if they have already learned it for themselves, remember it.

It does not matter if your hair is curly. It does not matter if you have black skin. It does not matter if your eyes are brown. You do not have to be light skinned with blonde highlights and green eyes to be beautiful.

You need to have the right attitude. Bitterness makes a person ugly. The right attitude can make a person extremely beautiful.
 
Old 08-17-2012, 09:31 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
2,942 posts, read 4,216,951 times
Reputation: 3401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Or will most white people be dark/mixed race?
That seems more likely to me, especially in the US.

Mixed race people can still look 'white' on the outside though. Many biracial children are born with blonde hair, fair skin and blue/green eyes. People just assume they're white whereas with darker skinned people it's easier to tell their mixed heritage. This is where that false stereotype comes from that all mixed race people look like Obama or Halle Berry. So I don't think that "white" people will be going extinct any time soon but neither will "black" people.
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:51 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times
Reputation: 7485
For all you saying black is beautiful,it is.
But,I witnesses first hand a friend who is dark skinned getting treated badly.
We were walking off an airplane,and the stewards said "have a nice day" to everyone but her. She was the only dark skinned person on the plane. Everyone else was white or light skinned black people.

Also,some people seem to be taken aback by her. She could just walk into store and walk up to the cashier and. They seem scared of her. She doesn't appear scary to me. I notice it happens to her when the person is white. Doesn't really happen with Asians,esp Indians. She gets along with them really well,she almost looks like a dark skinned Indian. She is dark but with a reddish tint.
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:53 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times
Reputation: 7485
Nyanna,you really want to help your employment and dating options,become fluent in Spanish.
I don't think most of the country will be mixed in 2050,they will be hispanic.
That's what the census is predicting anyway.
 
Old 08-17-2012, 11:28 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
27,448 posts, read 17,619,243 times
Reputation: 39933
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimRider View Post
This is true. However, the effects of slavery and colonialism brought with it, doctrines of subjugation and racial denigration. Even the very humanity of Africans was questioned. Quite frankly, in far too many coners of the world it still is...

Now there's this other elephant sitting in the room right besides the big black one with nappy hair, and that's the stupid one. The one that can't critically analyze quite to the degree that caucasians and asian can. The IQ ceiling for some reason has been lower by God, for Africans and so many other people of color.

Therefore, not only are darkskinned people of the Sub Sahara considered the ugliest people of the world, they are also considered as the most stupid ones too.

I often wonder what many people would think if some black African nation were to construct a nucear power plant and begin to stockpile nuclear weapons.

Would they then be considered as intelligent people because they have managed to construct a weapon that is powerful enough to destroy the earth's inhabitants ten times over?

It is high time to step back and reconsider everything we've been taught about our world. Even the very basics about what's right and what's wrong, what's moral and what's immoral, what's beautiful and who's truly intelligent. I sometimes wonder if we are capable or defining the word, "intelligent". Seems you'd have to be in possession of the very ingredient of study.

It's clearly plain to see that we're all just stuck here on this spaceship, without any instructions as to how to sufficiently operate it. It quite literally came without any instructions. Subsequently, we have no clue as to how to properly conduct the business of wholesome survival. For some reason as human beings, supposedly with a higher capacity for learning, we would be much further ahead than we are currently.
I find this whole concept odd. I've never even given thought to what race is more beautiful, or what race is smarter. And it wouldn't matter if a determination was made on both..... individuals are still individuals.
 
Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
15,710 posts, read 22,756,161 times
Reputation: 17456
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You don't understand what I am going through.

You don't have to walk into a room and hear people boasting about how their babies got 'good hair' and lightskin.

I go through this on a regular basis. its terribly oppressive.
What I don't understand, why hearing this is taken so personally and why it makes you feel inferior.

Why a race who fought so hard to overcome oppression and racism would turn on their own ethnicity is pretty sad. I guess its true you live what you learn.

Though, I find it hard to believe black women with educations in professional circles lower themselves to this level.
 
Old 08-18-2012, 02:03 AM
 
Location: Mississippi
198 posts, read 197,321 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Where are all these darkskinned women with wonderful husbands and boyfriends? I don't see it. IMO, lightskinned women get better options in terms of the type of men they can date. They are much more respected by men and considered girlfriend material. When I go out I see more lightskinned women with a man than darkskinned women (unless they are pushing a strolling with a bunch of babies in it) Just being real.



This used to give me self esteem too--but how is being a lover and a mistress to a European white man a good thing? It's not. African women were just bedwhores to European men. They were not respected or valued for anything.

Darkskin is being bred out of existence right as we speak. In another 50-100 years most African Americans will be light/mixed race.
This thread is probably going to be locked, but here's my 2 cents anyways-until you stop focusing on the way that you look, you will never be successful. People have posted to you time and again that your real issue is the way that YOU perceive and think about yourself, but you won't listen. The only thing that I have for you is maybe that you should find out the name the of skin lightening treatment that Sammy Sosa uses. He went from dark skin to light in a few months, but the problem with that is this- what are you going to do when you find out it wasn't your skin color holding you back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top