U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 04:54 PM

15,710 posts, read 22,761,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
nyanna, you make threads with the same rhetoric over and over again. There are plenty of people out there who think that Black is Beautiful. The only place where everyone thinks Black is ugly is in your head.
Aside from the repetition, the post count speaks for itself. I don't dismiss all of Nyanna's posts about the treatment and judgment, but I don't think theres much posters can do to change her mind in terms of how she feels about herself. Her minds made up.

Kind of like the DV threads, its about self-esteem.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 PM

810 posts, read 1,454,984 times
Nyanna, I am not saying this to be mean or even to suggest anything cruel, but it sounds like you need help. By help, I mean you need to see a professional about your self-image.

I will tell you upfront that your attitude is more of a turnoff than your appearance, whatever it may be, could ever be. No man wants to deal with baggage like that, even if someone looks like a centerfold model.

I would know, I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder. I have had it for almost all my life, and I know what it feels like. However, what I do is I find a solution for my disorder and not allow myself to wallow in a downward spiral of self-pity. Most importantly, I find a solution as soon as I can not for my own health but also so that I don't needlessly transfer my problems to anyone else. The last thing I want to do is transmit my own misery to the people I love and care about.

Seek help, please. This doesn't help. It will only hurt you.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:53 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
Love the example of Michelle Obama,but boy,talk about someone who gets trashed for her looks.
Oh gosh,the mean things said about her.
(Hilary Clinton and Sarah Jessica Parker are runner-ups.)

Old 08-19-2012, 12:20 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,113,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Love the example of Michelle Obama,but boy,talk about someone who gets trashed for her looks.
Oh gosh,the mean things said about her.
(Hilary Clinton and Sarah Jessica Parker are runner-ups.)
Jealousy and envy truly brings out the worst in people. The First Lady is is beautiful. She is accomplished in her own right. She is married to the most powerful man in the free world, and she has beautiful daughters that have an incredibly bright future ahead of them. So yeah, some people just can't deal with a women so profoundly blessed. Doesn't matter because she continue living her amazing life.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:43 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,113,678 times
Nyanna,

I am truly beginning to wonder if you are a Black women at all. Something just seems a bit off about your posts, especially this one. I could be wrong, but this just doesn't add up. It's as if you are trying to create threads that give people the opportunity to speak negatively about Black women. No matter what positive thing people post, you seem to turn it negative. Like I said, something is just off.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:55 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
I think Nyanna is real. I have no doubt she is black either.
I have been around dark skinned females who feel the same way she does.
I don't know why everyone wants to sweep it under the rug.
Its there. Let's think of some incidents dealing with skin color.......Sammy Sosa, the rapper Yung Berg who stated he didn't want nowoman with a dark behind,Lil Wayne of course and his whole"I need a redbone",

The latest incident? The casting of Zoe Saldana to play Nina Simone,who was dark skinned.
Mary J Blige was supposed to play her.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:22 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,427,485 times
We all know nyanna needs help, and though she won't admit it to us, she probably knows she does too. She admitted on this thread that she has difficulty getting up and going out to work because of her perception of her appearance. That sounds like BDD or depression or both. I know people online tend to be generally insensitive but take her problems into consideration.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:00 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,520,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
We all know nyanna needs help, and though she won't admit it to us, she probably knows she does too. She admitted on this thread that she has difficulty getting up and going out to work because of her perception of her appearance. That sounds like BDD or depression or both. I know people online tend to be generally insensitive but take her problems into consideration.

I both agree and disagree with you. I do think she needs help, and she may know she needs it, by the way she is here.

I do not, however, think people online are generally insensitive. I have to believe that each of us has tried to help her or lift her up. It is not until she starts attacking people or posting multiple threads about the same thing that people have a problem.

It is sort of the "Don't bit the hand that feeds you" thing with me. I have tried and tried to be there for her, etc, and in return, she attacks me and calls me a racist. Telling me that she knows how I feel about black women now.

What she doesn't understand is that I grew up in an area where there were nothing but black people. In my high school, in all the grades, there were three white people. There was no room for racism. As an adult in a new area, one of my best friends is a black woman.

She accuses everyone of being a racist when in essence, she is the one who has the issue of being a racist, against black people as well as every other person.

Body dysmorphic disorder - MayoClinic.com

Old 08-19-2012, 07:22 AM

36 posts, read 41,697 times
Pikantari please ignore her. She has a major psychological disorder. Don't worry about her, she is so sick she can't hear anything you have to say and will take every poster out of context. Look what she did to Pear Martini or the guy that said he found mix people attractive. She shows no mercy or compassion towards those who have tried to advise her. That is what people with distorted realities do. She seems to be an extreme case of Paranoia

You are a very nice girl, don't let this affect you. You did nothing wrong.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:28 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,427,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

I do not, however, think people online are generally insensitive.
I think you're wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty