U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:17 AM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,579,887 times
Reputation: 19578

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You don't understand what I am going through.

You don't have to walk into a room and hear people boasting about how their babies got 'good hair' and lightskin.

I go through this on a regular basis. its terribly oppressive.
So that means you have to take it out on people on an online forum? I'll tell you what. YOU don't know what I have to go through on a daily basis! I may have soft shiny flowing hair, but it doesn't help me overcome the pain I have on a day to day basis due to Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. You don't see me calling out healthy people because I don't have what they have.

You have got some nerve calling many of us out here selfish, etc. I can't help your oppression. Do something about it and quit wallowing in your pity.

I have 2 good days a week, and those are days where I still have pain but I can walk. The rest of the days it is hard for me to put one foot in front of the other. Yet I don't come onto CD and trash people without such difficulties.

I could trash you right now. For all I know you are healthy without any joint disease, etc. So what should I do? Be like you?

You are selfish because you aren't in pain and I am. You are selfish because when you get up in the morning you can walk and I can't.

You hate people with health problems because you don't have any.

You need to get your panties out of a bunch because I am talking about healthy people and you don't like it.

Good lord if I acted like that I'd want to die! My bf comes home from work and asks how my day was and while I know he is being supportive and caring, he will never know the half of it. He won't know because he can never understand the pain, and also because I don't drown in a pity party. I will tell him I've had pain, but never the degree....

I have to say that my RA and FM are much worse to have in life than dark skin and bad hair.

 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Midwest
2,975 posts, read 4,278,848 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I've actually been asked if I was mixed race on a few occasions. Instead of taking this as an insult to my race, I've said no and then thought how strange it was afterward.
That is not an insult to be asked if you're mixed race. In fact in the black community this could make a person's day.

No, but I've been in a room where suddenly someone decides to boast about a person they met who has "good hair" and "pretty lightskin"...I don't know why they decide to wait until I am in the room to do it. I've never seen black or mixed race people discuss this around whites or any other race. Sometimes I think they are subliminally sending me a message. Cause I hear it ALL THE TIME.
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Midwest
2,975 posts, read 4,278,848 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
So that means you have to take it out on people on an online forum? I'll tell you what. YOU don't know what I have to go through on a daily basis! I may have soft shiny flowing hair, but it doesn't help me overcome the pain I have on a day to day basis due to Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. You don't see me calling out healthy people because I don't have what they have.

You have got some nerve calling many of us out here selfish, etc. I can't help your oppression. Do something about it and quit wallowing in your pity.

I have 2 good days a week, and those are days where I still have pain but I can walk. The rest of the days it is hard for me to put one foot in front of the other. Yet I don't come onto CD and trash people without such difficulties.

I could trash you right now. For all I know you are healthy without any joint disease, etc. So what should I do? Be like you?

You are selfish because you aren't in pain and I am. You are selfish because when you get up in the morning you can walk and I can't.

You hate people with health problems because you don't have any.

You need to get your panties out of a bunch because I am talking about healthy people and you don't like it.

Good lord if I acted like that I'd want to die! My bf comes home from work and asks how my day was and while I know he is being supportive and caring, he will never know the half of it. He won't know because he can never understand the pain, and also because I don't drown in a pity party. I will tell him I've had pain, but never the degree....

I have to say that my RA and FM are much worse to have in life than dark skin and bad hair.
Thank you for affirming that I have bad hair because its kinky textured. Now I know how you really feel about black women

Well darkskin and bad hair affects my life in a lot of ways. I'm always abused and being disrespected. It is the cause of my depression and I don't even want to leave the house to go to work somedays. But I have to.
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:29 AM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,579,887 times
Reputation: 19578
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
That is not an insult to be asked if you're mixed race. In fact in the black community this could make a person's day.

No, but I've been in a room where suddenly someone decides to boast about a person they met who has "good hair" and "pretty lightskin"...I don't know why they decide to wait until I am in the room to do it. I've never seen black or mixed race people discuss this around whites or any other race. Sometimes I think they are subliminally sending me a message. Cause I hear it ALL THE TIME.
Get off your high horse. I discuss this with a black friend of mine all the time. We talk about her hair, my hair, everyones hair. Who even cares?

We touch one anothers hair and it is just no big deal. She doesn't stop talking about black hair when I walk into a room, that is ridiculous!

Good Lord! I am a white woman and I know how to use a hot comb! Can we just get for real here?!?!?
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,953,736 times
Reputation: 11780
I didn't even know what this thread was about, but instinctively I said to myself that this was going to be one of those nyanna pity parties.

Then I clicked onto the OP and lo and behold, it was one of those nyanna pity parties. You're getting predictable, sweetheart.
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Midwest
2,975 posts, read 4,278,848 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I didn't even know what this thread was about, but instinctively I said to myself that this was going to be one of those nyanna pity parties.

Then I clicked onto the OP and lo and behold, it was one of those nyanna pity parties. You're getting predictable, sweetheart.
What am I supposed to do when I read comments that mixed women are more beautiful than black women? Just shut up and be quiet about it?
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:35 AM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,579,887 times
Reputation: 19578
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Thank you for affirming that I have bad hair because its kinky textured. Now I know how you really feel about black women

Well darkskin and bad hair affects my life in a lot of ways. I'm always abused and being disrespected. It is the cause of my depression and I don't even want to leave the house to go to work somedays. But I have to.
Your welcome. No, I didn't do that. You always act like you do. I don't think any hair is bad hair. Hair is specific to the person. I have seen some black women with their hair natural and cut pretty short. I tell them it is beautiful. If I could get away with it, I would do the same thing.

So here you go, once again, saying that someone has said something about you that they didn't say.

This is what I said, "I have to say that my RA and FM are much worse to have in life than dark skin and bad hair."

I did not say it is better than having Nyannas dark hair and bad skin. You aren't turning this one around on me, and I don't feel one bit sorry for you. Just like you could care less about my health problems. The thing is, I don't go flaunting my health problems on the boards like you do with your hair and skin.

You don't want to leave the house because of your skin color. I bcan't leave the housed some days because I can't walk. Woe is me, pity party pity party.
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,953,736 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
Lol this crap again? They're are lots of beautiful black women, does Kerry Washington ring a bell.
She rings my bell...............
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:39 AM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,579,887 times
Reputation: 19578
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
What am I supposed to do when I read comments that mixed women are more beautiful than black women? Just shut up and be quiet about it?
I suppose you are right. When you and the other black women were talking about how white women were dogs I didn't stay quiet. Oh, thats because you were being racist, saying Black women are beautiful and all other races are not....

It wasn't one person saying what a beautiful woman she saw on the street in Boston.

So, yes, you are supposed to shut up and be quiet about it. She was not being racist nor was she saying anything against you personally. She was voicing her opinion of this woman she saw on the street.

Is this what you do at work? Or did you not make it out because of your oppression?
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,953,736 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
What am I supposed to do when I read comments that mixed women are more beautiful than black women? Just shut up and be quiet about it?
Be like most of us and don't give a bleep. In any event there are very few comments, other than those by racist trolls, that explicitly say that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top