U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 10:50 AM

26,866 posts, read 28,137,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I don't have any lightskin or mixed grandmothers. They were all darkskin Black people. I guess I am in the minority cause every AA says they have a biracial grandparent
I don't think it is so uncommon. My mom doesn't have any recent ancestry for sure. But it was kinda blatantly obvious and downright hilarious on my dad's side. In fact my dad didn't confirm the existence of the distant white side until a couple of weeks ago! They pretended it didn't exist as far as I can remember. I recall asking my dad, why does grandma have hazel eyes?

Like many families, we have a pretty big range of skin tones on my dad's side. Much less variation on my mom's side just a couple of shades, most people are my tone.

But again, I don't look "mixed" whatever that means. I am darker than everyone labeled "dark skinned" in the media. The only celeb that seems to come remotely close to my tone is Tika Sumpter.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:50 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,516,023 times
Quote:
. The poster may not realize it but she was being very racist. She couldn't name not one fully black woman she saw in Boston that was beautiful? I guess they were all forgettable in her eyes. She only seems to remember the biracial one with the long blonde hair.
Yep, I am sure that is the only person she remembers. Who gives a crap if it is?!?!?

Whats the matter, you don't wanna join me in my pity party about having Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia? You are a selfish woman.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,516,023 times
I imagine not many people can trace their ancestry back and say every bit of of them is all this and none of that.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:59 AM

26,866 posts, read 28,137,614 times
I am going to post some pics.

I saw this image a couple of weeks ago from the latest Joe Fresh campaign:

Tika Sumpter she is in Sparkle, had a few guest episodes on Gossip Girl, and is in the Game:

Since people always think I am Nigerian, and Nollywood is so huge I thought it would be interesting to see what the most popular actresses look like:

Old 08-17-2012, 11:01 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,267,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Okay, well post a picture of someone who you think doesn't look mixed, even if they are. They don't have to be an A-list celebrity, just someone who you think represents what it means to be black and beautiful but who doesn't have "keen" features, "good" hair, or too light skin. This shouldn't be hard with a little bit of googling. I'd do it myself but I'm afraid anyone I'd find you would think wasn't black enough.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:02 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,267,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am going to post some pics.

I saw this image a couple of weeks ago from the latest Joe Fresh campaign:

Tika Sumpter she is in Sparkle, had a few guest episodes on Gossip Girl, and is in the Game:

Since people always think I am Nigerian, and Nollywood is so huge I thought it would be interesting to see what the most popular actresses look like:

she is so beautiful

Old 08-17-2012, 11:15 AM

15,709 posts, read 22,756,161 times
Quote:
I would post my picture as an example of a fully black woman but I wont. I am fully black and don't have any mixed features like narrow nose, lightskin, or wavy/straight hair. Not very many women in the mainstream media look like me. Most of the AAs I see on television look mixed to me. I look at Kerry Washington and she is lightskin to me because I am significantly darker than her and have less (none) mixed features. but I am made to feel very invisible because everybody wants to act like the entire African American race is lightskin or mixed with something
Knock it off Nyanna. Love who you are..... add your photo to this site.

I Love Dark Skin Black Women Videos and Movies

Experience Project enables members to post I Love Dark Skin Black Women photos-- pictures of people or things representing this life experience or passion.

Love Dark Skin Black Women Pictures and Photos

Videos | Pictures
Look at pictures of I Love Dark Skin Black Women collected from across the internet, including Google Images and Flickr, below. Feel free to add your own pictures and photos to the photo gallery!

Love Dark Skin Black Women Picture Search

These I Love Dark Skin Black Women thumbnail images from Google and around the web may be helpful to your picture search...

Find more Images on Love Dark Skin Black Women