Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2012, 07:25 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

Every guy wants a mixed, white or latina girl..

I would like to call this the neverending story.

She quotes a woman ans says every man wants a mixed, white, or latina woman. Same story, different channel.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:17 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I really didn't hear this lightskinned darkskinned crap get this bad until the rappers from the south became popular. I was looking at some old r and b videos from the 80s and they had dark skinned,medium or normal sized women with normal sized proportions and natural hair. Remember Sir Mix alots video? It had a Normal looking black woman to me.It was an eye opener for me. I would say I didn't start seeing the present videos with light skinned women with abnormal proportions and long weaves until 2000.

We must not forget that these trash rappers have GREAT influence on how children think.
This is totally true. I definitely noticed the shift. When I first started listening to hip hop, I saw women who looked a little more like me in the videos. By the time I hit my late teens, the women started looking different. All had long hair, lighter skin, and big butts. They all started looking like a form of Barbie, and I never saw women that reminded me of the ones walking the streets.

By the time I got to college, different world. One of the first people I met was a girl that was in rap videos when she was in high school. This was before the ridiculous portions were super in, but she fit the other criteria. "Exotic looking." People would come up to her all the time to ask "what are you?" She would claim creole and dominican.

I found it really bizarre.

It is definitely much much harder now to find a more realistic and diverse portrayal of black women in music videos. And the "hip hop" celebrities follow this same pattern.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimRider View Post

I often wonder what many people would think if some black African nation were to construct a nucear power plant and begin to stockpile nuclear weapons.

Would they then be considered as intelligent people because they have managed to construct a weapon that is powerful enough to destroy the earth's inhabitants ten times over?
I am about 80% positive Nigeria is working on this right now......

We have been fed quite a lot of bS on what Africa (the entire continent) is like.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:26 AM

Black men have been chasing ALL women forever. When I was in middle school and high school a million years ago it was happening and it had nothing to do with the music. I know black women didn't like it and it is quite understandable, neither did white men.

Back then, in the area I was living in, that was the most type of a interracial couple I had ever seen, the black man and white woman. Little by little other types were added. i would see a white man with a black woman here and again. It was a huge controversy in families.

I don't know if it had to do with racism, or if it just wasn't done, or what will the rest of my family/friends think but the problem was there.

In these days, especially where I live in Northern Virginia, there are all types of nationalities and they are all mixing and it isn't a problem. The ones I see sticking most to their race are the Indians.

I don't care what people do. I think back in the day it was more of a status issue. "I'm with a white girl." Then the rest of the guys started jumping on the bandwagon.

The black women resented the white women who were stealing their men, the black mothers hated the white girl for being with her son, even though her son had half a say in it. The white men were acting like the white woman had some kind of plague if she were with a black man, the fathers were disowning the daughters.

It was an absolute mess. Now, people are a bit more laid back and they choose to date whomever they want. I seem to notice people that date outside of their race may also not choose one race.

Do I care if my kids date outside of their race? I don't think so. I don't think it would be the biggest deal in the world.

The OP just needs to understand this is the world we live in. It has nothing to do with HER personally. I can't imagine that many of the races are absolutely 'pure' anymore.

I suppose when my beautiful mixed race great-nieces grow up with their lovely colored skin and long flowing beautiful hair and green eyes there will be some dark skinned black woman hating on them because someone saw them walking down the street and remarked how beautiful they are. Oh and they are beautiful.

Nyanna, I suggest you get over it because there is only more to come, times they are a changing, and the races are mixing, some becoming lighter, some becoming darker. There is not a damn thing you or I can do about it either.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:47 AM

When you see this lovely little girl on the street in about 15 years, will you hate her? Because she is not black enough, or not white enough? I don't see black or white, I see a lovely little child. Oh, she is gonna knock the socks off of men of all races. She is my cousins daughter, a very fair skinned white woman. Her father is a very dark skinned black man. I would say about the color of Wesley Snipes. Yes, another black man choosing a white woman. Who cares. I wish I had pictures of my nieces. I have another cousin who is very fair skinned with red hair and married to a very dark black man. Their son is very light and their daughter looks black.

This is what someone was trying to explain to you. Even when two black people have children together, there is no telling what their skin tone is going to be. just like with my cousins kids. One looks black, one looks white.

I hope that by the time this little girl grows up, people will get over the woe is me and see people for what they are. People. The OP has race issues. Race issues against her own color, and everone else in the world.
Attached Thumbnails
this is why I'll never be pretty or beautiful-425828_364861486866122_391376320_n.jpg  

Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 AM

2,178 posts, read 2,314,948 times
People are over it. Just because one (or even a handful of people, comparatively) person has an issue doesn't make it something everyone has to get over.

This is a pathetic thread, really. When is it going to get locked? And why has it been allowed to go on so long? Could it be because it feeds into the very stereotypes people have fought so hard to overcome?

Old 08-18-2012, 10:35 AM

499 posts, read 756,436 times
I feel zero pity for Nyanna due to all of the insulting things she's said about short men.

No one "has" to find a dark skinned woman attractive just like you "don't have to" find short men attractive.

Everyone is entitled to like whatever they like for whatever reason they like no matter how much it hurts you. Complaining about it does nothing to change what they're attracted to.

There are men out there who love dark skinned women. You will never find them because of your nasty, self-pity laden attitude.

There is a stigma against dark skinned women no doubt, but there's also a dating stigma against Asian Men, Indian Men, Short Men, Fat Men, etc.

Some fat women won't even date fat men
Lots of short women won't even date short men

Goes both ways, some women don't like dark skinned men.

Deal with it. Stop complaining and find one out of the 10 billion people who roam the earth to cohabitate with.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:38 AM

2,178 posts, read 2,314,948 times
7 billion.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:59 AM

I think people get things a little confused. For some people, being mixed is considered attractive. it doesn't matter how the mix turns out. It is just the fact they are mixed.

In reality some mixed people ate attractive (Lenny Kravitz comes to mind). And some aren't at all (Tiger Woods).

The thing is, for some of us darker people, we get those backhanded compliments. Like, you are pretty for a <insert your subtype here>.

It is very easy to get a complex about it if you hear it all the time.

Especially the skin tone issue. One of my good friends is white/Filipino. She is really pretty. She also looks "whiter" with green eyes and medium brown hair. Her sister is darker in skin tone with brown eyes and darker hair. She tells me that in her family she is considered the prettiest because she is lighter. In reality her and her sister look exactly the same other than the differences in skin tone and hair color: both are really attractive. But her sister was the one pegged with the "little brown girl" nicknames.

Or we can just look at the case of Brazil. It I'd about 60% black there. But the only ones we see/hear about are the ones that look like Giselle Bundchen. And not the ones that look more like me.

It really just gets super annoying.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think people get things a little confused. For some people, being mixed is considered attractive. it doesn't matter how the mix turns out. It is just the fact they are mixed.

In reality some mixed people ate attractive (Lenny Kravitz comes to mind). And some aren't at all (Tiger Woods).

The thing is, for some of us darker people, we get those backhanded compliments. Like, you are pretty for a <insert your subtype here>.

It is very easy to get a complex about it if you hear it all the time.

Especially the skin tone issue. One of my good friends is white/Filipino. She is really pretty. She also looks "whiter" with green eyes and medium brown hair. Her sister is darker in skin tone with brown eyes and darker hair. She tells me that in her family she is considered the prettiest because she is lighter. In reality her and her sister look exactly the same other than the differences in skin tone and hair color: both are really attractive. But her sister was the one pegged with the "little brown girl" nicknames.

Or we can just look at the case of Brazil. It I'd about 60% black there. But the only ones we see/hear about are the ones that look like Giselle Bundchen. And not the ones that look more like me.

It really just gets super annoying.
And for this reason the OP should come onto C-D and attack everyone and treat them badly? I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty