Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 08:05 AM

36 posts, read 53,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I think you're wrong.
I think you are wrong. Why does Nyanna get a free pass? She has been nothing but insensitive towards other posters. She has call them racists, twist their words and even give them guilt trips by saying she is gonna take her life. why is she telling us this? Because it's the ultimate manipulative guilt trip. You are asking too much from these people. You should try being sensitive towards these posters yourself.

You need to realize there are people with real mental illness with internet access. Nothing we can say is gonna change her perception of reality or make her function like a normal human being. Only her family or Nyanna helfself can take her physycal body to a psychiatrist.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
I don't think people realize the scope of being a dark skinned female.
Part of the problem is that black men on Cd bash black women to no end.
I was on a thread about marriage,and you could have sworn the black men on there were apart of the KKK.
Come to think of it,Nyanna's problem may be intraracial more than interacial.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:04 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I was on a thread about marriage,and you could have sworn the black men on there were apart of the KKK.
What black men bash black women here???

I'm about as black knight as you can get.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:11 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
I think this is true for sure. In pop culture especially. There is always some comedian or relationship guru spreading stereotypes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What black men bash black women here???

I'm about as black knight as you can get.
You totally are.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:35 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I think you're wrong.
And that is your opinion, we all have one. If you think people on here started attacking her out of nowhere, I think you are wrong. I see people come on here and be nice to her and try to advise her, etc, time after time. Then I see her attack those very same people, one of them being me.

Maybe she doesn't attack her because you share the same belief and are on her side, I don't know. She sure has attacked me and has done it multiple times. She has also used my quotes out of context as she did with Pear Martini.

I think you are wrong. But we all have our opinions, and that is ok.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:50 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Light skinned women are seen as more feminine than dark skinned women. Light skinned men are also seen as more feminine than dark skinned men. As long as masculinity is tall, dark and handsome, femininity will be dainty, light and pretty. So as long as women think men like Drake, Boris Kudjov and Prince are pretty and men like Idris Elba, and Tyrese are handsome, then men will think women like Alicia Keys and Beyonce are prettier. Light=Feminine goes across both sexes.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I missed this one, I think. I have been on a thread where NYANNA BASHED PEOPLE WHO WERE NOT BLACK. Her problem is with her own race, but she is fine with switching it over to being racist against all who are not black without problem.

When a person speaks up for themselves, she tells them they are selfish and racist and they don't like black people. It is a bunch of bull$hit is what it is.

I have not a problem in the world with black people, but the thread in question was allowed to go on and on with her attacking people.

When will she be banned is my question? She will never be banned, because she will use the race card to her benefit. She uses it against her own as well as other races and I tell you what, I am fed up with it to say the least. C-D needs to do something about her and people who behave like her, thinking it is ok to be racist. ANY racism is uncalled for, here or anywhere else.

When it comes to natural beauty

I will reference this thread all the way up and down, and I don't care. If she needs psychological help, she needs to get her ass out and get it and stop treating people like crap.

I have complained to C-D about her behaviors and they do nothing. Why? Well, I imagine they would be racist if they did.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:07 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
I think Nyanna is real. I have no doubt she is black either.
I have been around dark skinned females who feel the same way she does.
I don't know why everyone wants to sweep it under the rug.
Its there. Let's think of some incidents dealing with skin color.......Sammy Sosa, the rapper Yung Berg who stated he didn't want nowoman with a dark behind,Lil Wayne of course and his whole"I need a redbone",

The latest incident? The casting of Zoe Saldana to play Nina Simone,who was dark skinned.
Mary J Blige was supposed to play her.
Sorry but you are incorrect on this one. The film is being produced independently and there had been a problem in securing funding for a few years. Mary J Blige walked away from the project.

Also, it is important to note that rappers, hip hop artists, athletes, actors and the like should not be viewed as the arbiters of beauty for Black women. It is well documented that the Black men such as the ones listed above in your post who do choose non-Black women for their partners are still unable to make their marriages work....therefore the problem would be with these particular men and their backwards thought processes. And I wish that people would stop pointing to decisions of these types of men in their romantic lives and making the assumption that its Black women who are the ones with the issues. The fact remains that Black men who bash Black women are also bashing their mothers, their daughters, their sisters, their aunts, their grandmothers, etc.

No one is trying to sweep this issue under the rug but I believe that the truths of the discussion goes over the head of far too many people in this thread. The roots of the issue are not easy to be wrapped up, packaged or consumed for easy digestion. It has many layers and ones opinions are very often colored by where one stands on the color spectrum. But I most say again that I find it bothersome when people point to Black male celebrities and there choices for mates and make the assumption that Black women are "the problem" when the real self esteem issue lies within these types of men.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Well.... as a white woman, I have not had to experience colorism, but I have seen it. I knew many dark skinned people as a younger people, and spent time in their homes. With that said, in the area I live in now, with all colors of the rainbow, I have never seen dark skinned people being all but ignored. I have seen them in interaction with other black people, of different shades, with whites, asians, indians, I could go on. I think it has a lot to do with self image, self esteem, things of the like.

If an elderly dark skinned black woman drops something at the store or is approaching a door, I will help her just as well as I would any other person. I would not treat any one person any differently no matter what they look like or the color of their skin. If people do this within their own families, or races, it is most def a problem that needs to be taken care of. Coming onto C-D and saying you will never be beautiful and quoting someone out of context is not the answer.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 AM

2,182 posts, read 2,320,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Nyanna,

I am truly beginning to wonder if you are a Black women at all. Something just seems a bit off about your posts, especially this one. I could be wrong, but this just doesn't add up. It's as if you are trying to create threads that give people the opportunity to speak negatively about Black women. No matter what positive thing people post, you seem to turn it negative. Like I said, something is just off.

Exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty