U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 11:48 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,433,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Not to say I often don't find natural beauty preferable.
I wear a full face of makeup the whole nines at all times. I also have a single photo in my album in which I'm bare faced. Tell me what about my features is altered and how does that alter your perception of my attractiveness.

Pretty women with makeup aren't ugly women without it. Like most men, you likely know very little about makeup and what it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 12:41 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,538,967 times
It is very rare that I see a face I consider truly beautiful or even all that pretty, so I'm going along with nice bodies being more common.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:17 PM

5,368 posts, read 5,728,690 times
Body easily

Old 08-19-2012, 02:49 PM

5,055 posts, read 5,532,875 times
Body - with clothes on.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:15 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,944,202 times
Lots of great bodies out there. Not so many beautiful faces.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:37 PM

981 posts, read 1,442,469 times
I'll say this, I often hear my guy friends (and myself) note a girl with a great face, but is overweight. I see that quite often..."aagh, if only she was thinner" we say. Tons of girls on PoF, for example, fit this mold.

But rarely have I ever heard a female friend say, "He's really cute, but he's too fat" or "too thin". Most likely they've already decided that because he's too fat or too thin, he's not really cute.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:10 PM

26,894 posts, read 28,206,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
I'll say this, I often hear my guy friends (and myself) note a girl with a great face, but is overweight. I see that quite often..."aagh, if only she was thinner" we say. Tons of girls on PoF, for example, fit this mold.

But rarely have I ever heard a female friend say, "He's really cute, but he's too fat" or "too thin". Most likely they've already decided that because he's too fat or too thin, he's not really cute.
I don't think that weight obscures the looks of men. I think you are good looking or not. Let's use the biggest loser for example. Some people were good looking before weight loss. And after that just got even better. Other people were just "OK" and they turned into "OK looking" with a better body.

And women don't tend to use body shape as the only determination for attractiveness. People with less attractive bodies can get more attractive over time, due to their attitude or actions.

Men tend to wait until the body is "Acceptable" before granting attractiveness.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:02 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,224,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I wear a full face of makeup the whole nines at all times. I also have a single photo in my album in which I'm bare faced. Tell me what about my features is altered and how does that alter your perception of my attractiveness.

Pretty women with makeup aren't ugly women without it. Like most men, you likely know very little about makeup and what it does.
I didn't say it applied to all good looking women. Have you seen some of those pics of Katy Perry without makeup? She's an example of someone without much innate beauty, who can look passably 'pretty' with makeup.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:19 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,287,775 times
With the obesity epidemic I would say pretty face is more common today than attractive body.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:34 AM

2,708 posts, read 3,793,361 times
Much more common to see an attractive face.

Naturally, you can work on your body. You can't do anything naturally about your face.

I think this goes for men and women. A really attractive face on a guy who's body you're not attracted to can be fixed. Working out, etc. The same with the "she's a big girl but she has such a pretty face" you can lose a body, weight wise whatever or gain it if too skinny.

You can't change a face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or