U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:50 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,428,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
You just illustrated my point. The woman in the OP could be wearing that sweater one size smaller and it wouldn't suggest much. She's not got an enormous rack.

This woman needs a much larger version. About 2-3 sizes, by my estimation, if she plans not to have many eyes glued to her chest.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Those are two completely different styles of sweater. The original is meant to be moderately form fitting when the other is meant to be tight fitting. Flat chested women can find tight fitting sweaters too.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:52 AM

21,199 posts, read 20,117,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Choose a different style. Have it altered. Etc.

It's hard as hell to find decent tops when you have anything above a C cup. Especially when you're thin.

I speak from experience.
Exactly! I can never order anything online - I always have to try things on - because I know that tops that look totally fine on the model are going to look totally different on me. Sometimes it's even the just the texture of a sweater that can make it look like, "Watch out! Boobs coming at you!"

Old 08-19-2012, 09:55 AM

21,199 posts, read 20,117,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree. Those are two completely different styles of sweater. The original is meant to be moderately form fitting when the other is meant to be tight fitting. Flat chested women can find tight fitting sweaters too.
Look - what do you want to hear? "No - that's not suggestive and nobody could possibly look suggestive in it and you are right and that guy is wrong!" We haven't seen the sweater on you. Curvy women look more suggestive in almost everything than their non curvy counterparts. You are hearing this from CURVY WOMEN! Them's just the facts. You can ignore them and fight them if you want to - but it's just the way it is. Personally, I like the fact that I have an hourglass shape. I used to be embarrassed by it and wear really baggy clothes to hide it. But now I embrace my shape. However, I also know how to dress my shape.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:57 AM

9,371 posts, read 17,491,906 times
Is it suggestive? Well, that's sort of subjective. Some will say "suggestive" falls into the bawdy and cheap category, others may say that "suggestive" falls into the sexy or enticing. What it boils down to is you making a decision as to how YOU categorize it, then, wearing it proudly regardless of what others may think. Will you get unwanted attention, of course. Will you get glares from jealous wives and girlfriends, absolutely. Will you be seen or judged in a particular light, indeed. Will there be people out there who will define you by the way you dress, always! If you can accept and live with all of the consequences, good, bad or indifferent that will come with wearing something suggestive, then go for it.

Bottom line, if you are comfortable in your own skin, confident in not only your appearance but the manner in which you carry and conduct yourself, then you're already ahead of the game.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:03 AM

Maybe I'm nuts, but women in tight clothes all look suggestive, regardless of their shape.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:12 AM

15,732 posts, read 17,291,131 times
Quote:
A looser (ill fit) in the same top would tend to show cleavage when the properly fitted one does not.
If the properly fitting sweater fits the SAME way it does in the photo then it's not suggestive. I just have a hard time believing that I could wear that sweater and have it lay the same way on my body...I guess I'd have to try it on to see for myself.

If a looser fit gapes, it's not a proper fit. Sometimes it's a PITA to find shirts that fit properly. Seems I always need one size for the chest, and a different size for the torso.

Quote:
Maybe I'm nuts, but women in tight clothes all look suggestive, regardless of their shape.
I agree with you on that point.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:12 AM

72,702 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Quote:
What does this even mean?
It means if that sweater (or any sweater) were worn by someone with major curves, it would get guys hot and bothered. That doesn't mean the sweater is suggestive, really. The neck isn't low. But anyone can make something "suggestive" by wearing an item that fits really tightly. (Deliberately buying a size too small.) But then this raises the question: what about clothes that are simply well-tailored to accentuate a woman's curves? How far will the modesty police go in censoring women's clothing choices? Low-cut (see "showing cleavage" thread) is suggestive. A tight sweater? A tailored, form-fitting blouse or dress? IDK.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:17 AM

72,702 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Quote:
This is a tight sweater. The pic posted in the OP was not. The photo was there for a reason.
I don't see the tight sweater as being "suggestive". It looks stylish. What are women supposed to do, wear baggy clothes to hide their bodies? The sweater in the 2nd photo isn't excessively low-cut. I find it to be still within the realm of tasteful.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't see the tight sweater as being "suggestive". It looks stylish. What are women supposed to do, wear baggy clothes to hide their bodies? The sweater in the 2nd photo isn't excessively low-cut. I find it to be still within the realms of tasteful.
Stylish, suggestive, and tasteful may overlap. I would wear the tight sweater and far more suggestive clothes when I'm going somewhere. But women tend to slag women off even in something they'd wear if the woman looks better in it than they do.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 AM

5,200 posts, read 4,108,387 times
Default Gentlemen, would you characterize this kind of sweater on a woman as "suggestive"?

Quote:

Why or why not?

Confuzzling.
That picture suggests that woman needs to eat more.
Bony, skinny, and child-like. I like curves, not corners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or