Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:57 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Point again purposely missed.

This is a tight sweater. The pic posted in the OP was not. The photo was there for a reason.

I've always had large breasts so I know how to dress them. More than half of my photos are pre-op and the rest are post-op.
Most of the pictures I have seen of you pre surgery had your breasts popping out and I had no idea why you were having surgery. The one I saw after your surgery, well there is no way they are fitting in that sweater with no cleavage. Just because the bottom portion may not be fitting tight doesn't mean the top is not.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I don't think that you wearing that sweater with your new breasts could fit in it how someone with smaller breasts could.

I can't imagine how you would not be showing cleavage unless you had on a turtleneck as well.

Unless you showed a picture of yourself to show otherwise, I just totally wouldn't believe there was no cleavage showing.....
I wore a 'skanky' outfit to a concert this weekend, which consisted of wedge summer heels, shorts (not hot pants, but normal denim shorts) and a high cut tank top that didn't show off any cleavage. On the model posted by the OP, this outfit would have been cute and summery. With MY body, it became 'skanky' according to my friends.

A lot of it depends on body shape, not necessarily on the clothes you're wearing. A girl at the same concert this weekend was wearing a teeny tiny spaghetti strap tank top with a super super short denim mini skirt and basically the same wedges I was wearing, but she looked cute because she was petite with no boobs, no butt and no real defined waist. So, I was technically wearing far more fabric than she was, but *I* was the one who looked skanky because of my exaggerated body parts.

As for the sweater in the OP, it's very cute on a woman with her body type. On me it would probably be suggestive.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I wore a 'skanky' outfit to a concert this weekend, which consisted of wedge summer heels, shorts (not hot pants, but normal denim shorts) and a high cut tank top that didn't show off any cleavage. On the model posted by the OP, this outfit would have been cute and summery. With MY body, it became 'skanky' according to my friends.

A lot of it depends on body shape, not necessarily on the clothes you're wearing. A girl at the same concert this weekend was wearing a teeny tiny spaghetti strap tank top with a super super short denim mini skirt and basically the same wedges I was wearing, but she looked cute because she was petite with no boobs, no butt and no real defined waist. So, I was technically wearing far more fabric than she was, but *I* was the one who looked skanky because of my exaggerated body parts.

As for the sweater in the OP, it's very cute on a woman with her body type. On me it would probably be suggestive.
Well, I have large breasts, and if I wore that sweater, it would def be tight in the chest area. I am quite sure ops breasts are bigger than mine and would more than likely be tight fitting in the chest area, especially since her surgery.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Well, I have large breasts, and if I wore that sweater, it would def be tight in the chest area. I am quite sure ops breasts are bigger than mine and would more than likely be tight fitting in the chest area, especially since her surgery.
So do I, and I'm also tall so everything is a big exaggerated, even when I wear shorts. I think women who have exaggerated body parts (large breasts, large hips, long legs etc.) have to be a little more careful about what they wear.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
So do I, and I'm also tall so everything is a big exaggerated, even when I wear shorts. I think women who have exaggerated body parts (large breasts, large hips, long legs etc.) have to be a little more careful about what they wear.
I think you are right, but in truth, I think people should be able to wear what they want.

Of course people are going to look if you are wearing something 'suggestive'. As it's been mentioned, and just like you have, what is suggestive for one, may not be for another.

But what exactly is it that we are all suggesting?!?!?!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
I think you are right, but in truth, I think people should be able to wear what they want.

Of course people are going to look if you are wearing something 'suggestive'. As it's been mentioned, and just like you have, what is suggestive for one, may not be for another.

Obviously you are suggesting lears, stares, and sexual come-ons when you happen to have breasts!

Old 08-20-2012, 12:17 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,029 times
Not at all. She appears to be modeling the garment, not trying to be suggestive.

For me, being suggestive with that sweater means cleavage is slightly displayed and is much tighter to the body. A woman's body language and non-verbal signalling also play into suggestive conotations.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:40 AM

Quote:

If only that were the case. Unfortunately there are many women out there (like myself) who really have to watch what they wear because certain outfits are going to be considered 'unprofessional' and 'skanky' even if other women can wear them without a problem. It's a bummer

I think we would be suggesting openness to sexual promiscuity. Not that I think it's a bad thing necessarily, as women should be able to have as much sex as they want with whomever they want, but for me at least it does tend to attract the wrong kind of attention. I like dressing up here and there, wearing heels and a cute cocktail dress but I always end up feeling self conscious because of the stares, the leers, the lewd comments, the bitchy comments from women etc etc.

It's almost not worth dressing up.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:15 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times
Not a man, but I don't see anything suggestive about the OP's pic.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:56 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,250 times
Quote:
Definitely true. I may not be Jessica Rabbit, but I've seen that when a short girl wears a dress that falls just a few inches below her butt, it's cute and sexy. When I wear the same dress, falling a few inches below my butt, I look like I forgot to put on pants.

Having large features in any dimension means you can't get away with the same stuff someone with small features can. It can suck if you're born that way and there's nothing you can do to change it, but if you pay for those exaggerated features? Not much sympathy here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty