U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 01:22 AM

6 posts, read 4,145 times

Advertisements

Hey there, I had an oily skin and was also acne prone. I then started using oil free moisturizer. I found it very helpful and my skin also became less oily. I use it now even and it has managed to keep my skin well. You can also try it. Just wash your face before you apply the moisturizer. I think that should work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 11:49 PM

93 posts, read 130,217 times
I cleanse my face with an organic cleanser then allow my face to dry thoroughly for twenty minutes before I apply apple stem and HA serum on my face and egf serum on my eyelids. I allow these to penetrate/absorb for a further twenty minutes and then apply a bioactive mosturiser and eyecream.
I also apply a retin a gel nightly 3/4 times a week.

My daytime routine involves a vitamin c serum and a high quality broad spectrum sunblock.
Works wonders for me, a lot of people assume I am in my early twenties and some late teens.

I am thinking of introducing a bha/aha cleanser or cream into my regime but I fear I would be overdoing it with too many products.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 AM

9,560 posts, read 15,325,922 times
I'm a Clinique fan. I won't use anything else on my face. My skin is so sensitive, and clinique is the only brand I can trust not to irritate. In my younger years, I used their products for oily skin, now I use the dry skin products. its the only line I've found that is 100% fragrance-free. I've started my teens on their oily-skin, acne products, and dh uses their stuff for rosecea. Who knows WTH we'd all look like if clinique went out-of-business?

Old 04-27-2013, 02:49 AM

910 posts, read 1,829,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Doublebase, foamy in a pump dispenser.. no perfumes , and does the trick.. Ive used many creams , expensive and otherwise and found this to be the best for me in every way.. smoking cigarettes cause more wrinkles than the need for creams and genetics..
For me, the more natural the better, and I agree with the smoking, drinking too, can cause bags under the eyes.

But bad diet is a killer, it will produce free radicals that can wreak havoc with your skin like cause skin cancer, but taking anti-oxidants can be a big help. Lots of fresh vegetables and some fruit rich in Vit. A are vital, and so are foods rich in zinc.

Another thing is avoiding foods that cause inflammation, Dr. Perricone precisely talked a lot about that. I can't afford his products so I use a knock-off serum containing DMAE, alpha lipoic acid & ester C.

The best "moisturizer" is really drinking enough water. After reading about it and even having a complimentary medicine doctor tell me to increase my water intake years ago, I've observed that on days I forget to drink enough I wake up with tiny lines on my face, but when I've drank enough they tend to plump up.

During the winter I often like to massage my face with a combination of natural oils + Vit. E, I do this for at least 5 min., then wipe the excess of, sometimes I wash my face after with a Noxzema knock-off (same thing but cheaper, am on a budget!), sometimes I use witch hazel on a cotton pad moistened with water as a toner on my T-zone mainly. Sometimes I'll use a NaPCA spray (main substance that hydrates our cells) and folow by the serum and, if it's very cold and I have to go outside, over it a natural moisturizer made for babies. I also have a progesterone cream that I use for hormone balancing and most of the time I apply it at night on my face and neck, it has great ingredients so I figure I'm "killing two birds with one stone".

I'm a "mature" lady who still gets compliments regularly on my skin so I know what I've been doing works.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:58 PM

7,982 posts, read 7,402,029 times
I'm at a point, most creams and oils cause major break outs on my skin, so at night nothing but plain water to the face, mornings water and if leaving the house, I apply BB cream as my fondation for light coverage.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:13 PM

233 posts, read 96,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Most of my friends don't moisturize their faces but my mother taught me to use a moisturizer every night to prevent aging (I'm in my 20s...so starting early ).

I have lately been using a $20 apple scented night cream by Neutregena and I wake up with a dewy face..I kind of like it.

Also lately I received a sample of a $100 facial moisturizer by Lush called "Gorgeous". The smell is heavenly but it comes in a small jar...why would some pay $100 for this?

Does night cream and/or daily facial moisturizer provide anti-aging benefits?

Does it help to start using moisturizer early, like in your 20s?

Do you use moisturizer/night cream?

Which one do you use and how much does it cost?

Are there any other benefits (or cons) of using night cream or moisturizer on face?
I grew up being told moisturizer is the best thing, then it was sun protection and so on. I discovered Dr. Obagi and loved what he is preaching and use his ZO Skin Health brand.

Does night cream and/or daily facial moisturizer provide anti-aging benefits? No, in fact, it make the skin weak because daily moisturizing provides too much moisture that your skin naturally do through your diet.

Does it help to start using moisturizer early, like in your 20s? Use it when there is change of environment and you don't want your skin to suffer from the change of temperature. If you have to use moisturizer daily, there is a skin condition you have and you need to see your doctor about it and address the problem.

Do you use moisturizer/night cream? Yes, but not daily. I may have to use it for a week during change of seasons, but once the skin adjust, you don't need it anymore until there is another change of your environment.

Which one do you use and how much does it cost? I use ZO Skin Health Ommerse renewal cream, which is a moisturizer with some stimulant ingredient to help keep your skin active (cell turnover) This is required more as you age because with aging, everything slows down so those ingredients help. I think it cost $130?

Are there any other benefits (or cons) of using night cream or moisturizer on face? I've mentioned above mostly the negatives, but the positive is to help make your skin feel comfortable during changes of your environment and it should have an ingredient that help stimulant the skin.

My routine is simple, wash, scrub, toner (for normal to dry skin), sun protection; the extra is prescribed retin-a as my beauty night cream.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:38 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,827,158 times
I moisturizer daily out of necessity due to the year round dry air around me. I usually change it to thicker cream-base moisturizer in winter.

My favorite is Shiseido (Japanese Brand) that I always pick up from TJ Maxx - for about $35 - $40 per jar. The smell is very subtle and really does wonder for my skin. I've tried other brands such as Elizabeth Arden - also picked up from TJ Maxx for about $15 per jar, but they didn't work as well as Shiseido. I'm sure those prices would cost double or triple at Macy's or other stores. Thank goodness for TJ Maxx!

I've also tried supermarket brands such as Aveeno, Oil of Olay, etc, and unfortunately they didn't work as well either.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:19 PM

27,080 posts, read 28,742,199 times
I have been experimenting with a night cream. I alternate overnight masks, regular moisturizer and now a vitamin c night cream.

My skin is dry, I need moisturizer. Though the type I need varies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty